George Zimmerman's Bond Revoked

I wonder if there is any chance that Zimmerman will yet be held responsible for his own actions. I doubt it. I think he will literally get away with murder but maybe I'm wrong.

As for Mrs Zimmerman - she shouldn't have lied. Neither should Zimmerman have lied. But, they both did. Why do rw's making excuses for their lies? Why do rw's say that some people should be able to break the law?

Whatever else happens, thanks to incompetence on the part of LE, he's Dead Man Walking. In jail or on the street, he will be killed.

Sad story all the way around and it didn't have to happen. If Zimmerman had not gone hunting, if Trayvon had not had the gall to walk on a public street and if he had not "stood his ground" and defended himself ...

Anyway, didn't mean to interrupt the incessant excuses from the crazy pretzel rw's who would have us all believe that poor wid-dow Zimmy is The Victim of a vicious Black *Hoodlum.

*Hoodlum. Get it? The kid was wearing a HOOD! That proved he was a HOODLUM.

"Shellie Zimmerman is accused of lying to a judge about the couple's finances during her husband's bond hearing and faces one count of perjury."

Wow they are really going after these people. Only if the were as aggressive with other criminals maybe Florida wouldn't have the highest crime rate in the nation.

My thoughts exactly.

Was she under oath?

Probably not. But there are other ways to commit perjury. If you sign a legal document to the effect that you are indigent when you are not, that is perjury. Or if you sign a document that says you have provided all necessary financial information, and you have not, that is perjury.

Last edited:
I wonder if there is any chance that Zimmerman will yet be held responsible for his own actions. I doubt it. I think he will literally get away with murder but maybe I'm wrong.

As for Mrs Zimmerman - she shouldn't have lied. Neither should Zimmerman have lied. But, they both did. Why do rw's making excuses for their lies? Why do rw's say that some people should be able to break the law?

Whatever else happens, thanks to incompetence on the part of LE, he's Dead Man Walking. In jail or on the street, he will be killed.

Sad story all the way around and it didn't have to happen. If Zimmerman had not gone hunting, if Trayvon had not had the gall to walk on a public street and if he had not "stood his ground" and defended himself ...

Anyway, didn't mean to interrupt the incessant excuses from the crazy pretzel rw's who would have us all believe that poor wid-dow Zimmy is The Victim of a vicious Black *Hoodlum.

First of all, I'm not rw, but I don't believe anyone should get away with breaking the law. In fact, the only one so far to say someone should get away with breaking the law is Ravi saying that the president should get away with breaking the law.

Was she under oath? Ive been through a number of bail hearings and they usually dont swear them in in PA.

From the charging document:

Shellie Zimmerman Charged With Perjury

She was under oath.

Yep. According to the link, over the phone. I've never heard of a bond hearing done that way.

He's still up on state charges. I'd guess each state does things a bit differently. And it is a second degree murder charge, so Florida, and other states might show a bit more due diligence when setting bail. I would think that if the charging document was BS, we'd have heard more squealing by now.

I was wondering why. Is this a preexisting case or generated from this case? Is this legitimate or are they hitting her in an effort to get to him?

When Zimmerman was arrested for the murder of Martin, he and his wife claimed indigence during the bond hearing. They were lying. The lie was recently discovered and Zimmerman's bail was revoked, and now his wife has been arrested.

I don't know why they are going after the wife. Sounds spiteful.

It’s not a matter of ‘going after’ anyone – authorities have evidence of a crime committed and arrested a suspect. Are you suggesting authorities should have ignored the evidence and law and not charge the wife?

I don't think you should lie either were you there?

It appears that both Zimmermans believe they are above the law. She also helped conceal the fact that her husband had a 2nd passport - which she was keeping in a safety deposit box for him.

Prosecutors also said that Zimmerman had not turned in a second passport as part of the conditions of his bond, and that he and his wife discussed the passport while he was in custody at the Seminole County jail on April 17. The conversation was recorded by jail officials, according to court filings.

Defendant: Do you know what? I think my passport is in that bag.

Shelly Zimmerman: I have one for you in safety deposit box...

Defendant: Ok, you hold on to that.​

More: Shellie Zimmerman Arrested: George Zimmerman's Wife Charged With Perjury

Last edited:
It appears that both Zimmermans believe they are above the law. She also helped conceal the fact that her husband had a 2nd passport - which she was keeping in a safety deposit box for him.

Prosecutors also said that Zimmerman had not turned in a second passport as part of the conditions of his bond, and that he and his wife discussed the passport while he was in custody at the Seminole County jail on April 17. The conversation was recorded by jail officials, according to court filings.

Defendant: Do you know what? I think my passport is in that bag.

Shelly Zimmerman: I have one for you in safety deposit box...

Defendant: Ok, you hold on to that.​

More: Shellie Zimmerman Arrested: George Zimmerman's Wife Charged With Perjury

By Nick R. Martin

The judge, Kenneth Lester, has already expressed serious anger about being deceived. After verbally ordering George Zimmerman back to jail earlier this month, lester made his decision doubly known with a written order that was made public on Tuesday.

In it, Lester said the deception adds to the reasons why he should possibly keep George Zimmerman in jail until his trial, which may not begin until 2013. And in what may be a worse sign for the defense, the judge wrote that the evidence against Zimmerman is “strong

“There are several factors that weigh against his release: this is a serious charge for which life could be imposed; the evidence against him is strong; he has been charged with one prior crime, for which he went through a pretrial diversion program, and has had an injunction lodged against him,” the judge wrote, adding: “Most importantly, though, is the fact that he has now demonstrated that he does not properly respect the law or the integrity of the judicial process.”

More: George Zimmerman’s Wife Arrested, Charged With Lying To Judge | TPMMuckraker

By Nick R. Martin

The judge, Kenneth Lester, has already expressed serious anger about being deceived. After verbally ordering George Zimmerman back to jail earlier this month, lester made his decision doubly known with a written order that was made public on Tuesday.

In it, Lester said the deception adds to the reasons why he should possibly keep George Zimmerman in jail until his trial, which may not begin until 2013. And in what may be a worse sign for the defense, the judge wrote that the evidence against Zimmerman is “strong.”

“There are several factors that weigh against his release: this is a serious charge for which life could be imposed; the evidence against him is strong; he has been charged with one prior crime, for which he went through a pretrial diversion program, and has had an injunction lodged against him,” the judge wrote, adding: “Most importantly, though, is the fact that he has now demonstrated that he does not properly respect the law or the integrity of the judicial process.”

More: George Zimmerman’s Wife Arrested, Charged With Lying To Judge | TPMMuckraker

"Shellie Zimmerman is accused of lying to a judge about the couple's finances during her husband's bond hearing and faces one count of perjury."

Wow they are really going after these people. Only if the were as aggressive with other criminals maybe Florida wouldn't have the highest crime rate in the nation.

If the Zimmerman's were black you'd be screaming your head off to throw them to the lions.

This shows what kind of people the Zimmerman's are. Liars. Cheats.

Last edited:
Was she under oath? Ive been through a number of bail hearings and they usually dont swear them in in PA.

In Florida testimony during a bond hearing is under oath:

She also testified under oath she was not aware of how much had been raised from a website soliciting cash for George Zimmerman's defense in the February shooting death of Trayvon Martin, 17, in Sanford, Florida. Zimmerman said he acted in self-defense.

Zimmerman's Wife Arrested, Accused Of Perjury - Denver News Story - KMGH Denver

The right’s hero worship of Zimmerman is very telling, not surprising, but telling.

In Florida testimony during a bond hearing is under oath:

She also testified under oath she was not aware of how much had been raised from a website soliciting cash for George Zimmerman's defense in the February shooting death of Trayvon Martin, 17, in Sanford, Florida. Zimmerman said he acted in self-defense.

Zimmerman's Wife Arrested, Accused Of Perjury - Denver News Story - KMGH Denver

The right’s hero worship of Zimmerman is very telling, not surprising, but telling.

Shellie Zimmerman testified under oath by phone that the couple had no significant assets that could be used to post bail.
News Guide to Zimmerman Perjury Arrest - ABC News

Forum List

Back