George Zimmerman's Bond Revoked

Political Junky

Gold Member
May 27, 2009
George Zimmerman's Bond Revoked - ABC News

SANFORD, Fla., June 1, 2012
The judge in the George Zimmerman second-degree murder trial revoked his bond today and ordered him to surrender himself in 48 hours.

Prosecutors had filed a motion today seeking to revoke his bond and accusing Zimmerman of "deceiving" the court about his finances and his possession of a second passport, which he apparently acquired two weeks after the shooting.

In recordings of conversations released today during a court hearing, Zimmerman and his wife cryptically talk about his second passport in a safety deposit box they shared.
<more>

The new documents show that Zimmerman had $135,000 in his bank account the day before his bail hearing -- in which he declared himself financially indigent.

If he lied about that there is a good chance that he's lied about a lot of things.

I wouldn't blame him for going. He was tried and convicted by Al Sharpton and the left wing media. There's no chance he'll get a fair shot in the US.

Lots of people have two passports. I'm entitled to Irish and British passports - if I chose to. I don't - because I am an American. My conscience won't allow me to hold a passport from a country to whom I hold no allegiance.

Lots of people have two passports. I'm entitled to Irish and British passports - if I chose to. I don't - because I am an American. My conscience won't allow me to hold a passport from a country to whom I hold no allegiance.

I think he was in possession of two US passports, not two passports from two different countries.

>>>>

According to the article he surrendered his passport, which was about to expire, but did not tell the court that he'd already applied for another one (telling the State Department that he lost it) . It also sounds as if he had already received the other one and it was in his safe deposit box and NOT surrendered to the court.

It sounds as if he lied both to the court and to the State department.

According to the article he surrendered his passport, which was about to expire, but did not tell the court that he'd already applied for another one (telling the State Department that he lost it) . It also sounds as if he had already received the other one and it was in his safe deposit box and NOT surrendered to the court.

It sounds as if he lied both to the court and to the State department.

It's not exactly a 'lie'.... he was ordered to surrender his passport, which he did. Did they ask or check to see whether he'd applied for a replacement? There is paperwork on these things - it could have been checked. Having said that, it does seem a tad suspicious.

I have no real opinion as to his guilt or innocence - I can see why he might, with the vitriolic media about him - consider running... I might have done the same in his position.

Forum List

Back