zimmerman files lawsuit over edited nbc 911 tape

As tragic as ending this young man's life is, Trayvon Martin is a druggie and deserved what happened.

FOUND IT.

Yes, he only showed 2 minutes of the speech, but according to him thats what was sent to him. From what I can see there was no internal editing.

What NBC did was REMOVE part of the conversation, explicitly to make Zimmerman look like he said the guy was suspsicious and black, when he never said black before he was asked what color the person was.

Any form of editing is weasely, but the NBC case more so.
:rolleyes: Of course. Just like Dan Rather, eh? :lmao:

A real journalist would have found the real video before he labeled Sharrod as a racist in that manner.

the difference is Sherrod actually said those things. The Memogate memo was A FAKE. it never existed, it was a figment. You can argue context with the Sherrod thing, you cannot argue context over a fake memo.
She didn't say them in the context they were presented (like NBC with Zimmerman) and Brietbart didn't research what he was given (like Dan Rather with Bush).

But that's different, somehow.

:rolleyes: Of course. Just like Dan Rather, eh? :lmao:

A real journalist would have found the real video before he labeled Sharrod as a racist in that manner.

the difference is Sherrod actually said those things. The Memogate memo was A FAKE. it never existed, it was a figment. You can argue context with the Sherrod thing, you cannot argue context over a fake memo.
She didn't say them in the context they were presented (like NBC with Zimmerman) and Brietbart didn't research what he was given (like Dan Rather with Bush).

The edit RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE TAPE is the real issue.

Sherrod was able to get her entire thought out, and she admitted racist feelings affected her job all those years ago. I forget though, that only republicans are held accountable for EVERY racist feeling they have. Democrats who used to be in the KKK are forgiven instantly.

And again, the Rather document was 100% FAKE. Sherrod said what she said, and did what she did, even if it was a long time ago.

If you cant get the difference, then you being dense isnt my fault or concern.

He's going to win this one. NBC is guilty and have already been exposed

Sherrod was able to get her entire thought out, and she admitted racist feelings affected her job all those years ago. I forget though, that only republicans are held accountable for EVERY racist feeling they have. Democrats who used to be in the KKK are forgiven instantly.

And again, the Rather document was 100% FAKE. Sherrod said what she said, and did what she did, even if it was a long time ago.

The tape was edited to paint Sherrod as acting on racist feelings when she did no such thing.

I'm no longer surprised that you've gone totally to the rightwingnutter side.

I don't blame him, but he'll only win his suit if he's found innocent.

wrong. you clearly don't understand defamation.

There's no defamation.

If anything..NBC was very fair to Zimmerman.

That fuck went human hunting.

No he didn't- you sound like a nut job with a few screws loose. Zimmerman may be found guilty at his trial. I don't know exactly what happened, I wasn't there and I am not on the jury. What I do know is that Zimmerman was involved in a tragedy.

A tragedy that the race hustling industry tried to spin for profit and attention. They were aided and abetted by a willing co-conspirator- the MEDIA. It sells a lot of newspapers and advertising!! Zimmerman was first described as WHITE because that fit the narrative that they wanted to sell. After it became clear that he was Hispanic, the NY Times changed his description to WHITE Hispanic. White Hispanic? Negro please!

There was a rush to judgement almost identical to that of the Duke Lacrosse team. Media - FAIL. Race Baiting Industry - FAIL

As for Zimmerman's guilt or innocence, I will wait for the justice system to decide.....

Last edited:

The tape was edited to paint Sherrod as acting on racist feelings when she did no such thing.

Nah, im right where I have always been. Briebart did provide only the section he was given, and maybe he could have done more. NBC ACTIVELY edited the 911 call, knowing the entire call and how it went. Rather blissfully ignored questions on the authenticy of the memo, and to this day defends it.

The two are greater than the one in terms of hackery, you just dont see it.

Nah, im right where I have always been. Briebart did provide only the section he was given, and maybe he could have done more. NBC ACTIVELY edited the 911 call, knowing the entire call and how it went. Rather blissfully ignored questions on the authenticy of the memo, and to this day defends it.

They are all equal in hackery, imo. Or stupidity.

But I will be interested in the outcome of this trial. Implying someone is racist will now be a sue-able offense. And it will be interesting to watch Zimmerman prove that he isn't a racist.

But I will be interested in the outcome of this trial. Implying someone is racist will now be a sue-able offense. And it will be interesting to watch Zimmerman prove that he isn't a racist.
He doesn't have to prove anything.......

In order to win a civil lawsuit for libel or slander, you will need to be able to prove that the statement (either written or spoken) was false. In other words, you have to demonstrate in court that the statement has no element of truth. This can be far more difficult than you would imagine, so it's important that you pay attention to this point.

How to Prove Libel or Slander for a Civil Lawsuit - Yahoo! Voices - voices.yahoo.com

In that speech Sherrod also called us racist for objecting to Obamacare.

article-trayvon-4-1203.jpg

This picture taken a few minutes after medics and police arrived will in itself end any trial.

The case will be dropped.

Ouch. His nose is fucking toast.

You should sue her. If she did. :lmao:

This is the guy ravi was squawking for weeks about being a great big guy. How funny.

In order to win a civil lawsuit for libel or slander, you will need to be able to prove that the statement (either written or spoken) was false. In other words, you have to demonstrate in court that the statement has no element of truth. This can be far more difficult than you would imagine, so it's important that you pay attention to this point.

How to Prove Libel or Slander for a Civil Lawsuit - Yahoo! Voices - voices.yahoo.com
I was talking about the criminal trial, where the prosecution has the burden of proof.

You are correct that he has the burden of proof in the defamation issue. I think they'll end up settling out of court.....these things rarely go to trial.

Its the action of deliberately changing what someone said that is the actionable offense, and said offense led to harm towards the offended party, not the content.

You should sue her. If she did. :lmao:

Her labeling us racist didn't add to an atmosphere in which I found my life to be threatened.

Forum List

Back