zimmerman files lawsuit over edited nbc 911 tape

I don't blame him, but he'll only win his suit if he's found innocent.

he will win no matter what.

they edited the tapes and ran with it as fact... knowing they were lying to make a good story.

I sort of hope he wins. Because if he wins--and the courts rule against cable news mongers like MSNBC--Fox News is next, and they are truly fucked.

Nah, im right where I have always been. Briebart did provide only the section he was given, and maybe he could have done more. NBC ACTIVELY edited the 911 call, knowing the entire call and how it went. Rather blissfully ignored questions on the authenticy of the memo, and to this day defends it.

The two are greater than the one in terms of hackery, you just dont see it.

They are all equal in hackery, imo. Or stupidity.

But I will be interested in the outcome of this trial. Implying someone is racist will now be a sue-able offense. And it will be interesting to watch Zimmerman prove that he isn't a racist.

Its the action of deliberately changing what someone said that is the actionable offense, and said offense led to harm towards the offended party, not the content.

I sometimes marvel at the length and breadth of ravtars's stupidity.

I don't blame him, but he'll only win his suit if he's found innocent.

they edited the tapes and ran with it as fact... knowing they were lying to make a good story.

I sort of hope he wins. Because if he wins--and the courts rule against cable news mongers like MSNBC--Fox News is next, and they are truly fucked.

There's a fundamental disconnect in progressive retard brains.

When has fox been busted for faking news? Because that's what this is...altering photos, withholding information, carefully splicing phrases together to present a picture that has nothing to do with reality....

it's libel, it's defamation, it's slander and it's fraud...and probably more...

But you don't see that. All you can see is that if Zimmerman wins the suit, then you can use that to somehow set up Fox. You don't care that it's illegal, and fraudulent...all you care about is being able to do it all over again, to another victim.

There's no defamation.

If anything..NBC was very fair to Zimmerman.

That fuck went human hunting.

So, he said the guy was suspiscous, the operator asked what race he was, zimmerman says he looks black.

The edit made it out to be zimmerman thought he was suspcious BECAUSE he was black.

So it takes on an entirely new context, one that makes zimmerman look racist. and the edit was intentional. it wasnt a complete clip, the operators question was removed.

Keep trying to think NBC was "fair."

He went out on "patrol" with a gun.

He was gunning for someone to shoot.

Horseshit...That is a crack pot statement. Zimmerman was doing volunteer work on neighbor watch as requested by some of his neighbors. Because of numerous break-ins and reports of peeping toms in the gated community that Zimmerman was watching. It was also reported to police that Martin was seen looking in windows.

If you don't think someone pounding your face into the sidewalk is not reason to defend one's self, you must be a mommie boy.

I would also suggest you read the Florida law that allow Zimmerman to defend himself.

Nah, im right where I have always been. Briebart did provide only the section he was given, and maybe he could have done more. NBC ACTIVELY edited the 911 call, knowing the entire call and how it went. Rather blissfully ignored questions on the authenticy of the memo, and to this day defends it.

The two are greater than the one in terms of hackery, you just dont see it.

They are all equal in hackery, imo. Or stupidity.

But I will be interested in the outcome of this trial. Implying someone is racist will now be a sue-able offense. And it will be interesting to watch Zimmerman prove that he isn't a racist.

Its the action of deliberately changing what someone said that is the actionable offense, and said offense led to harm towards the offended party, not the content.

That's not quite what his lawsuit is claiming.

article-trayvon-4-1203.jpg

This picture taken a few minutes after medics and police arrived will in itself end any trial.

The case will be dropped.

Why would that picture make Zimmerman drop his lawsuit?

>>>>

When has fox been busted for faking news? Because that's what this is...altering photos, withholding information, carefully splicing phrases together to present a picture that has nothing to do with reality....

But you don't see that. All you can see is that if Zimmerman wins the suit, then you can use that to somehow set up Fox. You don't care that it's illegal, and fraudulent...all you care about is being able to do it all over again, to another victim.

Please don't pretend that Fox has higher "standards" than MSNBC. They are both jokes, and neither are technically "news" stations--they both deal in opinion, entertainment, and propaganda for followers.

Hell, if this rates as an actionable offense, I can't hardly wait to see what happens to that crazy Sean Hannity show--that thing is virtually wall-to-wall non-stop GOP propaganda, and he continually plays loops of out-of-context "statements" by Sean's enemy Democrats. (In between Sean's lengthy diatribes of talking points hating on Obama and every other African American out there).

Please don't pretend that Fox has higher "standards" than MSNBC. They are both jokes, and neither are technically "news" stations--they both deal in opinion, entertainment, and propaganda for followers.

Hell, if this rates as an actionable offense, I can't hardly wait to see what happens to that crazy Sean Hannity show--that thing is virtually wall-to-wall non-stop GOP propaganda, and he continually plays loops of out-of-context "statements" by Sean's enemy Democrats. (In between Sean's lengthy diatribes of talking points hating on Obama and every other African American out there).

A national news network editing the 911 call of a private citizen to make him look racist and thereby putting his life in danger is comparable to a pundit spinning the statements of partisan public figures?

Yeah, good one, tell us another.

A national news network editing the 911 call of a private citizen to make him look racist and thereby putting his life in danger is comparable to a pundit spinning the statements of partisan public figures?

AGAIN, bring it on. I hope Zimmerman succeeds in convincing a court that he is a Victim of cable news. Because this would open up a vast array of similar lawsuits that are politically oriented and based upon various interpretations of "truth."

Zimmerman brought this on himself when he decided to become a killer.

AGAIN, bring it on. I hope Zimmerman succeeds in convincing a court that he is a Victim of cable news. Because this would open up a vast array of similar lawsuits that are politically oriented and based upon various interpretations of "truth."

When he decided to become a killer? The evidence doesn't show that he ever did make that decision.

Do you mean that he brought being painted as America's Most Wanted on himself when he decided to reach for his gun to stop Trayvon from getting it?

You must have missed my question. If they have the same "standards" as msnbc, surely you can come up with an example or two of them faking news.

Imbecility confirmed.

Two of the biggest media fuck up in my opinion was CNN's tailwind story and the Dan Rather scandal.

But I would like to know what big scandalize stories by FNC has so many on the left up in arms? I keep hearing about all the lies coming from FNC but never see anything to back up their claim.

Now I can repeat a lot of stories on MSNBC that were over the top starting with Mark Halperin calling Obama a 'dick' and Ed Schultz calling a conservative women a 'slut'. Never heard anyone on FNC do that.

you must have missed my question. If they have the same "standards" as msnbc, surely you can come up with an example or two of them faking news.

Since I don't spend a lot of time watching MSNBC I can only tell you of a couple of things. One: Obamacare will be free. and Two: saying conservatives are racist if they voted against Obama. Three: Fake video about Romney aired by both Joe Scarborough and Martin Bashir.

View this clip to see the dishonest and partisanship by MSNBC and NBC

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgzV0BHUBbo]Another MSNBC Fake News Story Exposed - YouTube[/ame]

This suit is another PR stunt by Zimmerman that won't go anywhere.

Seems to me that the real "stunt" was editing the tapes.....

Even taking that as a given (though most people wouldn't consider editing for length to be "editing", which most people read as doctoring the material), that alone would not be enough to prove the claims being made in this suit.

Forum List

Back