YUGE WINNING! Obama's Un-American Mandate Repealed...

The liar in Chief, then the lying candidate:
I’m going to repeal and replace Obamacare on day one WITH SOMETHING BETTER and IT WILL BE AFFORDABLE FOR ALL.”

Funny I don’t see even one Trump cultist calling him out on his multiple lies.

Seriously, the sky ain't falling kid. Folks just won't be fined and imprisoned for not having health insurance anymore. You really should rethink supporting such Government overreach interferences in your life. Supporting such Government control of your life is very misguided.

The problem is you're just fighting the partisan fight, which, while it isn't making the sky fall in, it's not exactly having a positive effect, is it? I mean, the US is falling apart. So American.

The Mandate wasn't a positive. It was an awful Big Government overreach. Fining and imprisoning Citizens for not having health insurance isn't the way to go. It saddens me that so many have supported it. It shows how easily people can become Sheeple, and march in lock-step with Big Government Authoritarians. Too many just don't think these things through. They behave like cattle instead.

No, I agree it's not the way to go. But I also believe that Trump's way isn't the way to go.

The UK govt spends LESS per capita than the US federal govt on heatlhcare and gets a system that includes everyone.

I won't support Government bullying force on this. I never will. It's about Freedom & Liberty for me.

Then a system whereby you have the choice between single payer and private healthcare would be the most freedom and liberty then?

Because in the US a lot of people have the choice between private and no healthcare, which isn't much of a choice. In the UK it's a choice between private and public healthcare.

I agree, there are problems. But i won't support more Government bullying. We already have far too much of that. It's time to reverse course. We need less Government, not more.

Finally a US Congressional achievement i can celebrate. The Mandate is gone. It should have never been allowed to happen. So i have to congratulate and thank the GOP and President Trump bigtime. They ended the Mandate and got some Tax Reform done. A Yuge accomplishment. :clap::clap:

Senate GOP repeals ObamaCare Mandate

Senate Republicans have approved the repeal of ObamaCare’s individual mandate as part of their tax-cut bill, a major step toward ending an unpopular part of the health-care law.

“Families ought to be able to make decisions about what they want to buy and what works for them — not the government,” Sen. John Barrasso (R-Wyo.) said, hailing the accomplishment.

The Senate tax bill must still be reconciled with House legislation that does not include the mandate’s repeal. But that is unlikely to be a major issue, given support in the GOP conference for repealing the mandate.

Repealing the mandate also saves $300 billion over ten years...

Senate GOP repeals ObamaCare mandate
DRUDGE REPORT 2018®
Moron cheering 17 million people taken off health insurance.
So the substitute?
The replacement?
Nada.
Trump and the GOP are setting new records in futility and incompetence.

Chill out kid, the sky isn't falling. Citizens just won't be fined and imprisoned for not having health insurance anymore. The Mandate was an awful overreach abuse of power. Big Government is completely out of control. Time to scale things back.

Hopefully one day you'll see the light. It's about Freedom & Liberty. Every Big Government overreach abuse of power you support, only encourages more abuses. It won't end with fining and imprisoning Citizens for not having health insurance. They'll just keep taking it further and further. Take care.

Okay, so after two pages of trying, you finally admitted that NO ONE HAS GONE TO JAIL FOR THIS. I mean, Sweet Evil Jesus on a Pogo Stick, it took you long enough to admit that.

Whenever a wingnut talks about "Freedom and Liberty", it usually means the right of the wealthy to abuse the rest of us. No thank you.

Chill out kid, the sky isn't falling. Citizens just won't be fined and imprisoned for not having health insurance anymore. The Mandate was an awful overreach abuse of power. Big Government is completely out of control. Time to scale things back.

Okay, except now you'll have a situation where people won't buy health insurance until they are sick, which means that the cost of insurance will skyrocket for the rest of us. This is a good idea by you?

Hopefully one day you'll see the light. It's about Freedom & Liberty. Every Big Government overreach abuse of power you support, only encourages more abuses. It won't end with fining and imprisoning Citizens for not having health insurance. They'll just keep taking it further and further. Take care.

Okay, so after two pages of trying, you finally admitted that NO ONE HAS GONE TO JAIL FOR THIS. I mean, Sweet Evil Jesus on a Pogo Stick, it took you long enough to admit that.

Whenever a wingnut talks about "Freedom and Liberty", it usually means the right of the wealthy to abuse the rest of us. No thank you.

Seriously, stop supporting Big Government overreach abuses of power. You're only encouraging more abuses. Try to think things through sometime.

Okay, except now you'll have a situation where people won't buy health insurance until they are sick, which means that the cost of insurance will skyrocket for the rest of us. This is a good idea by you?

Actually, the costs have skyrocketed under Obamacare. So even that meme doesn't justify supporting Government overreach abuses.

Seriously, stop supporting Big Government overreach abuses of power. You're only encouraging more abuses. Try to think things through sometime.

I have thought it through. After getting fucked over by a big insurance company, I'm glad the government doesn't let them do that anymore.

Actually, the costs have skyrocketed under Obamacare. So even that meme doesn't justify supporting Government overreach abuses.

Well,no, they haven't. In fact, they've gone down.

If they can't afford it, that' why we have Medicaid...

If they don't want it, too fucking bad. I'm tired of subsidizing you deadbeats.

Bullshit. There are lots of people that can't afford 25% of their net pay and not be nowhere near qualified for Medicaid.

You're exempt from the requirement if the most inexpensive coverage you can find would cost you more than 8.16% of your2017 household income.

Bullshit. There are lots of people that can't afford 25% of their net pay and not be nowhere near qualified for Medicaid.

Not sure how that works, because most of teh O-Care plans are pretty reasonable...

I think you probably didn't even try because you'd just hate to thank the black guy for anything.

How do you think I DO know that?

That's the quote they gave me last year when I applied. Even the government worker admitted she couldn't afford the price she gave me, and she works for the government.

But it was a great plan. It came with a 7K out of pocket, 7K deductible, no prescriptions, no dental, no eye care, and a $50.00 doctor visit copay. So unless I have plans on walking out in front of a moving bus, the plan is worthless.

One of my coworkers is on Commie Care. The same plan he was paying $450.00 a month last year went up to $600.00 as of January.

I think at one time you said you were an independent truck driver and also owned rental units if this is so you need a new accountant and another mistake you made was calling the government, those people do not care or will take the time to advise you, they know nothing about insurance, networks or co pays and they are not licensed insurance agents. If you are independent several ways to lower your gross income, they figure your subsidy on modified adjusted gross. You could said up a traditional IRA (tax deduction) purchase an HSA compatible plan and set up HSA (tax deduction) and so on. I have several self employed individuals that make at least $100,000 a year and after all deductions fall under 400% of poverty level and get a subsidy to purchase health insurance.

Remember those clowns at the marketplace (healthcare.gov) are hourly workers, not insurance agents and could care less about you. Oh and talk to your accountant, if they don't know how lower your gross then find another one.

Enjoy your mandate repeal as you pay record high insurance bills and record high medical bills.

Try to tell yourself America is great again.

:lol:

Not sure how that works, because most of teh O-Care plans are pretty reasonable...

I think you probably didn't even try because you'd just hate to thank the black guy for anything.

That's the quote they gave me last year when I applied. Even the government worker admitted she couldn't afford the price she gave me, and she works for the government.

But it was a great plan. It came with a 7K out of pocket, 7K deductible, no prescriptions, no dental, no eye care, and a $50.00 doctor visit copay. So unless I have plans on walking out in front of a moving bus, the plan is worthless.

One of my coworkers is on Commie Care. The same plan he was paying $450.00 a month last year went up to $600.00 as of January.

I think at one time you said you were an independent truck driver and also owned rental units if this is so you need a new accountant and another mistake you made was calling the government, those people do not care or will take the time to advise you, they know nothing about insurance, networks or co pays and they are not licensed insurance agents. If you are independent several ways to lower your gross income, they figure your subsidy on modified adjusted gross. You could said up a traditional IRA (tax deduction) purchase an HSA compatible plan and set up HSA (tax deduction) and so on. I have several self employed individuals that make at least $100,000 a year and after all deductions fall under 400% of poverty level and get a subsidy to purchase health insurance.

Remember those clowns at the marketplace (healthcare.gov) are hourly workers, not insurance agents and could care less about you. Oh and talk to your accountant, if they don't know how lower your gross then find another one.

None of that justifies the Government fining and imprisoning Citizens for not having health insurance. The Mandate an awful Big Government abuse of power. It's Government bullying at its worst. It should have never been allowed to happen.

No, I am not an independent driver, I work for a very small company.

Yes, I am a landlord and I do have a lot of deductions. But what they base my income on is after deductions between my rental properties and my earnings at work.

I spoke with a personal friend who is an insurance agent. She was the one who advised me to call Commie Care because I have preexisting conditions. According to her, whether the network is in or not involved in Commie Care it doesn't matter, everybody is affected by it.

Bottom line is that no insurance company would sell me insurance except through Commie Care because for those who participate in the plan, it's the law that they have to sell me insurance.

So I went to the Commie Care site and punched in my criteria myself and found the same thing the government worker told me.

So you see, it's hopeless. Not many middle-class people can live on only 3/4 of their net pay. But then again, it was never designed for the middle-class. It was designed for McDonald's workers, floor sweepers and shelf stockers, because people who have those kinds of jobs normally vote Democrat.

I hate to tell you this, but that's what Commie Care is now.

Yes, I am a landlord and I do have a lot of deductions. But what they base my income on is after deductions between my rental properties and my earnings at work.

I spoke with a personal friend who is an insurance agent. She was the one who advised me to call Commie Care because I have preexisting conditions. According to her, whether the network is in or not involved in Commie Care it doesn't matter, everybody is affected by it.

Bottom line is that no insurance company would sell me insurance except through Commie Care because for those who participate in the plan, it's the law that they have to sell me insurance.

So I went to the Commie Care site and punched in my criteria myself and found the same thing the government worker told me.

So you see, it's hopeless. Not many middle-class people can live on only 3/4 of their net pay. But then again, it was never designed for the middle-class. It was designed for McDonald's workers, floor sweepers and shelf stockers, because people who have those kinds of jobs normally vote Democrat.

If your personal friend sold health insurance she should have helped you. There is no pre x on or off exchange in a compliant plan.

The problem is you're just fighting the partisan fight, which, while it isn't making the sky fall in, it's not exactly having a positive effect, is it? I mean, the US is falling apart. So American.

The Mandate wasn't a positive. It was an awful Big Government overreach. Fining and imprisoning Citizens for not having health insurance isn't the way to go. It saddens me that so many have supported it. It shows how easily people can become Sheeple, and march in lock-step with Big Government Authoritarians. Too many just don't think these things through. They behave like cattle instead.

No, I agree it's not the way to go. But I also believe that Trump's way isn't the way to go.

The UK govt spends LESS per capita than the US federal govt on heatlhcare and gets a system that includes everyone.

I won't support Government bullying force on this. I never will. It's about Freedom & Liberty for me.

Then a system whereby you have the choice between single payer and private healthcare would be the most freedom and liberty then?

Because in the US a lot of people have the choice between private and no healthcare, which isn't much of a choice. In the UK it's a choice between private and public healthcare.

I agree, there are problems. But i won't support more Government bullying. We already have far too much of that. It's time to reverse course. We need less Government, not more.

It's not about "less government" per se, it's about having government that represents the people. Right now it represents the rich.

If your personal friend sold health insurance she should have helped you. There is no pre x on or off exchange in a compliant plan.

That's what I thought, but those rules only apply to companies that participate in Commie Care.

Well, considering the GOP lied to us for eight years about Repeal & Replace, maybe their flock will find a way to celebrate this remarkable and absolutely game-changing achievement.
The Mandate is gone. It was Un-American. The ultimate Big Government abuse of power. So i have to thank the GOP and Trump. They delivered.
Okay, how will this help? Walk me through it.

I always err on the side of Freedom & Liberty. The Mandate was a Gestapo-like use of force by an out of control Big Government. Good riddance.
Do you feel your freedom and liberty are damaged in any way when you have to pay higher insurance premiums, co-pays, co-insurance and other fees for your care, to pay for those who can't?

Yes.......and the other problem....it destroys the medical system....because it destroys innovation and competition. The healthcare systems in Europe and around the world are collapsing......obama wanted to do that here.
You know lying is a mortal sin. It's even in the Ten Commandments.

You're exempt from the requirement if the most inexpensive coverage you can find would cost you more than 8.16% of your2017 household income.

Shhhh... don't tell Ray that. He's too busy hating the black guy for ruining his life.

Yeah, a lot of ray's story doesn't add up.

Forum List

Back