You're all stupid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by UNHOLY
You're all selfish people, which is why you believe in this crap in the first place: To get something for yourself. That is the whole basis of religion. More wars are fought over religion that anything and all you people care about is your own advancement into the "promised land". You're all a bunch of self absorbed, foolish, illogical thinking poeple. If your religion din't promise YOU something in return for believing, just merely stated basically everything except self prosperity-you wouldn't even give it a second look! You also limit yourself by classifying yourself. You think that your way is right no matter what anyone else has to say. Bottom line is you're all afraid of the unknown. I don't care, I wasn't there, neither were you, but you base it on your selfishness. I guess that is nature. For all of the Muslims out there, some of you I'm sure are peaceful, some I'm sure are not. WE ARE NOT FIGHTING YOU BECAUSE OF YOUR BELIEFS, WE ARE FIGHTING PEOPLE WHO JUST HAPPEN TO BELIEVE IN THE MUSLIM RELIGION, THEY ATTACKED US, THEREFORE THOSE PEOPLE MUST PAY THE PRICE. America is the only country to attain so much power so quickly but yet hasn't taken over another country-PERIOD. I think that any religion is basically based on fear, but with that said, I still say that the words "under god" should stay in the pledge of alledgance simply because of popularity and what has been the tradition for so long in America. Anyone who wants to teach their kid different, should do so.:clap:

Hi Mr. Atheist

Originally posted by UNHOLY
You're all selfish people, which is why you believe in this crap in the first place: To get something for yourself. That is the whole basis of religion. More wars are fought over religion that anything and all you people care about is your own advancement into the "promised land". You're all a bunch of self absorbed, foolish, illogical thinking poeple. If your religion din't promise YOU something in return for believing, just merely stated basically everything except self prosperity-you wouldn't even give it a second look! You also limit yourself by classifying yourself. You think that your way is right no matter what anyone else has to say. Bottom line is you're all afraid of the unknown. I don't care, I wasn't there, neither were you, but you base it on your selfishness. I guess that is nature. For all of the Muslims out there, some of you I'm sure are peaceful, some I'm sure are not. WE ARE NOT FIGHTING YOU BECAUSE OF YOUR BELIEFS, WE ARE FIGHTING PEOPLE WHO JUST HAPPEN TO BELIEVE IN THE MUSLIM RELIGION, THEY ATTACKED US, THEREFORE THOSE PEOPLE MUST PAY THE PRICE. America is the only country to attain so much power so quickly but yet hasn't taken over another country-PERIOD. I think that any religion is basically based on fear, but with that said, I still say that the words "under god" should stay in the pledge of alledgance simply because of popularity and what has been the tradition for so long in America. Anyone who wants to teach their kid different, should do so.:clap:

Until you got to the Muslim part, I thought you were talking to all religious people, and I'm still not sure, are you? You made some good points, I'm sure Christians would still be Christians if they didn't get eternal life in return, yeah, right. And that goes for Muslims to and any religion with the reward of an afterlife. You can't say that about me though, I'm an agnostic, and I get nothing in return (maybe :))

"America is the only country to attain so much power so quickly but yet hasn't taken over another country-PERIOD. "

America hasn't ever taken over another country? Ever heard of a little thing called the Civil War?

The phrase "Under God" is NOT the tradition and has not been in the pledge very long. Eisenhower placed in in the pledge in the 50's, the original pledge did not have it. Were we to remove the words, we would actually be using the traditional pledge.

Originally posted by rhakim
Yikes! I have been out with the flu. (Flu and allergies do not mix and this is my 4th attack for the past 6 months!)

I just came back to jump back into the discussion. My point was that Islam is in reality a pagan religion and for anyone who is a Christian should be leary of such practices because they have always meant only trouble for Christians. I'm not saying to hate a Muslim person because hate is useless and it is not part of Christianity. However in tolerance terms as a Christian we are not to have any other Gods before us and we are not to entertain things which are considered evil in the sight of God. I can be tolerant of a person and not accept their faith as okay in my books. Alot of things I don't accept and I will tell a person without hesitation that I do not agree but I'm not mean about it. I even work with people who are of Pagan faiths and they know how I feel about it and we've had discussions about it in friendly terms. However I do not accept their faith as valid and still we can talk as friends. The problem is that in todays society there is pressure to just accept everything. Everything goes and there is no truth or morality. And yeah there are those that say they are Christians and go to Church and put in offerings and tithes and go home and act like heathens but that is not everyone and the bible does say that many will come but few are chosen. So I don't doubt that there are those who are doing this. But that is not everyone. Ultimately to be a Christian you cannot just run around accepting everything that society tells you to accept.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Revelations\ 2:18-20 "Write this letter to the angel of the church in Thyatira. This is the message from the Son of God, whose eyes are bright like flames of fire, whose feet are like polished bronze: 19 "I know all the things you do – your love, your faith, your service, and your patient endurance. And I can see your constant improvement in all these things. 20 But I have this complaint against you. You are permitting that woman – that Jezebel who calls herself a prophet – to lead my servants astray. She is encouraging them to worship idols, eat food offered to idols, and commit sexual sin.

Amos 5:21-27 25 "Was it to me you were bringing sacrifices and offerings during the forty years in the wilderness, Israel? 26 No, your real interest was in your pagan gods – Sakkuth your king god and Kaiwan your star god – the images you yourselves made. 27 So I will send you into exile, to a land east of Damascus," says the LORD, whose name is God Almighty.

Islam a pagan religion? If you believe that, you must believe ALL religions, including Judaism, are pagan, by the following definition:

pagan
1. One who is not a Christian, Moslem, or Jew.
2. One who has no religion
3. A non-Christian
4. A hedonist

Were you using definition 3? You prefer to think of all non-Christian religions as pagan?

"America is the only country to attain so much power so quickly but yet hasn't taken over another country-PERIOD. "

America hasn't ever taken over another country? Ever heard of a little thing called the Civil War?

What country did we take over in the Civil War?

Originally posted by cptpwichita

What country did we take over in the Civil War?
:rotflmao:

UNHOLY,
You made about 1 1/2 logical observations but your conclusions on them were still illogical. Also...

America is the only country to attain so much power so quickly but yet hasn't taken over another country-PERIOD.
Are you kidding me?
Check your history bro and mellow out the rhetoric and the few point you do make might come across better.

Originally posted by DKSuddeth

I'll rephrase, for the definition and history impaired, my CHEROKEE ancestors would like to discuss your history lessons with you.

Just like the non-Muslim nations of the world that wants Israel to give (back) land to the nomads of Israel; George W Bush wants Israel divided up and given to non-indigenous Arabs.

Israel wishes first that President Bush give all the lands west of the Mississippi river be given back to the native American indian people who inhabited this land before the Pilgrims. But what about the peoples who inhabited this land before the Indians?

The mound peoples were displaced and killed by the Mongolians who came across the land bridge to North America and became the now famous Indian nations.

Selfishness is not part of it!

The truth is that there is a God who will send his followers to heaven and the others to hell. We did not personalise the religion to suite our every need, we follow what we are taught. Is it really so selfish to want to go to heaven and be eternally joyous and meet God? Many Christians also evangelise to non-believers - do you call that selfish?

Jesus_freak said:
Selfishness is not part of it!

The truth is that there is a God who will send his followers to heaven and the others to hell. We did not personalise the religion to suite our every need, we follow what we are taught. Is it really so selfish to want to go to heaven and be eternally joyous and meet God? Many Christians also evangelise to non-believers - do you call that selfish?

Where exactly did you get your truth of followers going to some mansions in the sky?

You ask if it is really selfish to want to go to 'heaven' and be eternally joyous and meet G-d mano-e-mano?

Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as you wish them to live.

Many say selfishness was the flaw of Christianity; but then self-conceit emerges from a corner of the deepest hell to join selfishness.

Attribution: Franz Grillparzer (1791–1872)

ajwps said:
Where exactly did you get your truth of followers going to some mansions in the sky?

You ask if it is really selfish to want to go to 'heaven' and be eternally joyous and meet G-d mano-e-mano?

Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as you wish them to live.

Many say selfishness was the flaw of Christianity; but then self-conceit emerges from a corner of the deepest hell to join selfishness.

Attribution: Franz Grillparzer (1791–1872)

I have always thought of selfishness was being unaware that others even existed.

Did You Know?

As you walk up the steps to the building which houses the U.S. Supreme Court you can see near the top of the building a row of the world's law givers and each one is facing one in the middle who is facing forward with a full frontal view ... it is Moses and he is holding the Ten Commandments!

DID YOU KNOW?

As you enter the Supreme Court courtroom, the two huge oak doors have the Ten Commandments engraved on each lower portion of each door.

DID YOU KNOW?

As you sit inside the courtroom, you can see the wall, right above where the Supreme Court judges sit, a display of the Ten Commandments!

DID YOU KNOW?

There are Bible verses etched in stone all over the Federal Buildings and Monuments in Washington, D.C.

DID YOU KNOW?

James Madison, the fourth president, known as "The Father of Our Constitution" made the following statement:

"We have staked the whole of all our political institutions upon the capacity of mankind for self-government, upon the capacity of each and all of us to govern ourselves, to control ourselves, to sustain ourselves according to the Ten Commandments of God."

DID YOU KNOW?

Patrick Henry, that patriot and Founding Father of our country said:

"It cannot be emphasized too strongly or too often that this great nation was founded not by religionists but by Christians, not on religions but on the Gospel of Jesus Christ".

DID YOU KNOW?

Every session of Congress begins with a prayer by a paid preacher, whose salary has been paid by the taxpayer since 1777.

DID YOU KNOW?

Fifty-two of the 55 founders of the Constitution were members of the established orthodox churches in the colonies.

DID YOU KNOW?

Thomas Jefferson worried that the Courts would overstep their authority and instead of interpreting the law would begin making law ...an oligarchy ... the rule of few over many.

DID YOU KNOW?
The very first Supreme Court Justice, John Jay, said:

"Americans should select and prefer Christians as their rulers."

How, then, have we gotten to the point that everything we have done for 220 years in this country is now suddenly wrong and unconstitutional?

And also, now, unholyfuckingidiot, you want to call me STUPID? Fuck off you ignorant moron.

dilloduck said:
I have always thought of selfishness was being unaware that others even existed.

And I always thought that selfishness was being unaware of the feelings and sufferings of others.

Pale Rider said:
Did You Know?

As you walk up the steps to the building which houses the U.S. Supreme Court you can see near the top of the building a row of the world's law givers and each one is facing one in the middle who is facing forward with a full frontal view ... it is Moses and he is holding the Ten Commandments!
DID YOU KNOW?
As you enter the Supreme Court courtroom, the two huge oak doors have the Ten Commandments engraved on each lower portion of each door.
DID YOU KNOW?
As you sit inside the courtroom, you can see the wall, right above where the Supreme Court judges sit, a display of the Ten Commandments!
DID YOU KNOW?
Rhere are Bible verses etched in stone all over the Federal Buildings and Monuments in Washington, D.C.
DID YOU KNOW?
James Madison, the fourth president, known as "The Father of Our Constitution" made the following statement:
"We have staked the whole of all our political institutions upon the capacity of mankind for self-government, upon the capacity of each and all of us to govern ourselves, to control ourselves, to sustain ourselves according to the Ten Commandments of God."
DID YOU KNOW?
Patrick Henry, that patriot and Founding Father of our country said:
"It cannot be emphasized too strongly or too often that this great nation was founded not by religionists but by Christians, not on religions but on the Gospel of Jesus Christ".
DID YOU KNOW?
Every session of Congress begins with a prayer by a paid preacher, whose salary has been paid by the taxpayer since 1777.
DID YOU KNOW?
Fifty-two of the 55 founders of the Constitution were members of the established orthodox churches in the colonies.
DID YOU KNOW?
Thomas Jefferson worried that the Courts would overstep their authority and instead of interpreting the law would begin making law ...an oligarchy ... the rule of few over many.
DID YOU KNOW?
The very first Supreme Court Justice, John Jay, said:
"Americans should select and prefer Christians as their rulers."
How, then, have we gotten to the point that everything we have done for 220 years in this country is now suddenly wrong and unconstitutional?
And also, now, unholyfuckingidiot, you want to call me STUPID? Fuck off you ignorant moron.

DID YOU KNOW:

Many Religious Right activists have attempted to rewrite history by asserting that the United States government derived from Christian foundations, that our Founding Fathers originally aimed for a Christian nation. This idea simply does not hold to the historical evidence.

Of course many Americans did practice Christianity, but so also did many believe in deistic philosophy. Indeed, most of our influential Founding Fathers, although they respected the rights of other religionists, held to deism beliefs rather than to Christianity.

The U.S. Constitution

The United States Constitution serves as the law of the land for America and indicates the intent of our Founding Fathers. The Constitution forms a secular document, and nowhere does it appeal to God, Christianity, Jesus, or any supreme being. The U.S. government derives from people (not God), as it clearly states in the preamble: "We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect Union...." The omission of God in the Constitution did not come out of forgetfulness, but rather out of the Founding Fathers purposeful intentions to keep government separate from religion.

Although the Constitution does not include the phrase "Separation of Church & State," neither does it say "Freedom of religion." However, the Constitution implies both in the 1st Amendment. As to our freedoms, the 1st Amendment provides exclusionary wording:

Congress shall make NO law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

Thomas Jefferson made an interpretation of the 1st Amendment to his January 1st,1802 letter to the Committee of the Danbury Baptist Association calling it a "wall of separation between church and State." Madison had also written that "Strongly guarded. . . is the separation between religion and government in the Constitution of the United States." There existed little controversy about this interpretation from our Founding Fathers.

If religionists better understood the concept of separation of Church & State, they would realize that the wall of separation actually protects their religion. Our secular government allows the free expression of religion and non religion. Today, religions flourish in America; we have more churches than Seven-Elevens.

Although many secular and atheist groups fight for the wall of separation, this does not mean that they wish to lawfully eliminate religion from society. On the contrary, you will find no secular or atheist group attempting to ban Christianity, or any other religion from American society. Keeping religion separate allows atheists and religionists alike, to practice their belief systems, regardless how ridiculous they may seem, without government intervention.

The end of the Constitution records the year of its ratification, "the Seventeenth Day of September in the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven." Although, indeed, it uses the word "Lord", it does not refer to Jesus but rather to the dating method. Incredibly, some Christians attempt to use this as justification for a Christian derived Constitution. The term simply conveys a written English form of the Latin, Anno Domini (AD), which means the year of our Lord (no, it does not mean After Death). This scripted form served as a common way of dating in the 1700s. The Constitution also uses many pagan words such as January (from the two-headed Roman god, Janus), and June (named after the Roman Goddess Juno). Can you imagine the ludicrous position of someone trying to argue for the justification of a pagan god based Constitution? The same goes to any Christian who attempts to use a dating convention as an argument against the Constitution's secular nature, and can only paint himself as naive, or worse, as dishonest and deceiving.

There is no need for a Christian to use foul language on this site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back