~Your User Name~

For me it's simple.... It's the best description of what I am; an Anachronism.... a person, place or thing that does not belong in the time or place that they are presented as being in. ie... George Washington driving onto the battlefield in a Dodge Charger.

I was a substitute teacher for several years. For the kids to pronounce my last name correctly, I would have had to cut out their tongues. It was easier and more humane just to shorten it to Mr. H.

The kids I taught are now grown adults and I run into some on occasion. They still call me Mr. H.

I hear that.

I was always "Mr. C" when I taught for much the same reason.

I started a company called The Huggable Doll company a few years ago. Some of my friends here in Seattle thought that endeavor was real funny and out of character so I was christened "Huggy" by them as a joke...It sorta stuck.. You would have to know me to get how inappropriate it is. I don't mind... it makes me laugh..

See, I've always thought you were Huggy cuz you're full of shit.

Well, there's that too.

For me it's simple.... It's the best description of what I am; an Anachronism.... a person, place or thing that does not belong in the time or place that they are presented as being in. ie... George Washington driving onto the battlefield in a Dodge Charger.

Fear not...as the world is, I suspect, migrating back to a kind of feudal society as government lose power to the corporations.

Nationalism was really the bastard child of KINGS assuming greater and greater power from the FEUDALIST societies.

Now, instead of landed gentry controlling their fifedoms, we're seeing international corporations controlling their economic fiefdoms transnationally.

I doubt that will last too long, of course.

Eventually those most powerful corporations will weed out the weaker, just as KINGS played off the nobles to gain greater and greater power over the whole realm.

This appears to me to be the way society's come and go.

Centralized power disintegrates as they tend to serve less and less of the people, and then power becomes more broadly distributed. Then, one or more of those decentralized powers regain enough power to recentralize.

Last edited:
I picked Big Black Dog in honor of a dog I once had. Also because I'm not sure Gunny would have let me use "God". For a brief while I was Count Dracula and that user name was fun but I got sick of all the blood. All I could seem to find was B positive and it tended to upset my stomach.

BTW, Grace - One of my grandchildren's name is Sarah Grace.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJBzJF_-cBA]YouTube - ‪Ekki-Ekki-Ekki-Ekki-PTANG. Zoom-Boing. Z' nourrwringmm‬‏[/ame]

Long time back, when I first started playing fantasy football, I might have been a little too much into smack talk. The guys started calling me a wiseacre, which i started using as my handle.

Mine is a customized spelling version of Boudicca, Queen of the Iceni.

Forum List

Back