Your top four favorite bands/artists, 60s forward?

3 daze of fun in the sun...

The Ozark Music Festival was held July 19–21, 1974 on the Missouri State Fairgrounds in Sedalia, Missouri.
Ozark Music Festival - Wikipedia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ozark_music_festival

upload_2019-12-19_18-41-29.png

So many great bands of that era. Here's my top 10, but there are so many others too.
The Who
Led Zeppelin
Pink Floyd
The Beatles
The Moody Blues
Steely Dan
Yngwie Malmsteen
Heart
The Doobie Brothers
The Allman Brothers
Little Feat
Eric Clapton
The Band
Edgar Winter Group
Pat Travers Band
Ted Nugent
Bob Dylan
Johnny Winter
The Grateful Dead
Lynyrd Skynyrd
Yes
Cream
The Eagles
Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young
The Rolling Stones
Steely Dan
Heart
The Doobie Brothers
The Allman Brothers
Little Feat
Eric Clapton
The Band
Bob Dylan
The Grateful Dead
Lynyrd Skynyrd

The list goes on and on...
You want over the top ?:71: ( Ace Ventura chuckle)
(Takes deep breath)
Johnny Cash
Elvis
SRV
Motley Crue
Styx
Van Halen
CCR
Black Sabbath
Jethro Tull
Humble Pie
Triumph
Wishbone Ash
Blind Faith
Eric Johnson
Natalie Merchant
ZZ Top
Gentle Giant
Grand Funk Railroad
Montrose
Jefferson Airplane
Janis Joplin
Judas Priest
Iron Maiden
Metallica
Megadeth
Mott the Hoople
Aerosmith
Gatlin Brothers
Foghat
Wings
Uriah Heep
Molly Hatchett
Joe Walsh
Thin Lizzy
John Denver
Carole King
Madonna
Peter Frampton
Mariah Carey
Whitney Houston
Queensryche
Frank Zappa
:26:

Last edited:
Acknowledging their power to affect human emotions, I adore most all musicians. However, for me, these are extra special music makers >>>

Carly Simon, the Rolling Stones, Faces (including Small Faces) and Ten Years After.

Headphone music:

Peace.

Acknowledging their power to affect human emotions, I adore most all musicians. However, for me, these are extra special music makers >>>

Carly Simon, the Rolling Stones, Faces (including Small Faces) and Ten Years After.

Headphone music:

Peace.

Faces is a wonderful choice! I love the boozy and sometimes raucous music they put out.

Faces is a wonderful choice! I love the boozy and sometimes raucous music they put out.

After witnessing the Stones from the front row during their July 1972 visit to MSG, I was front row for Faces Sept 1972 'A Nod Is As Good As A Wink To A Blind Horse' show at The Gorden.

Frankly, two of the best RnR shows I ever attended. Even more frank, Faces stage presence was much more appealing.

If I could go back, no doubt I'd choose a Faces event over the Stones.

Peace.

Everly Brothers
Beach Boys
Fleetwood Mac
Johnny Mathis
Some great choices there. Do you prefer the early, bluesy Fleetwood Mac led by Peter Green, the middle period with Danny Kirwan and Bob Welch, or the later Mac with Lindsey and Stevie? I like all of the eras, each one had some great music made by the different bands. But my favorite era would be the early years with Peter Green, I thought they did some wonderful blues rock in the few short years they were together. Having said that, my favorite Mac album is Rumors, followed closely by Tusk and Then Play On. To me Rumors may be the most perfect pop/rock album ever made. There isn't a wasted note on it and I enjoy every song on the album.

After witnessing the Stones from the front row during their July 1972 visit to MSG, I was front row for Faces Sept 1972 'A Nod Is As Good As A Wink To A Blind Horse' show at The Gorden.

Frankly, two of the best RnR shows I ever attended. Even more frank, Faces stage presence was much more appealing.

If I could go back, no doubt I'd choose a Faces event over the Stones.

Peace.
That must have been fantastic. Unfortunately I never saw the Stones or Faces live. I was only 10-12 years old when Faces were touring. This was several years before I started going to concerts. Even as a young kid I loved "Stay With Me" by Faces. I really liked Rod Stewart when I was a kid, and STILL love his first 4 or 5 albums for Mercury Records. Especially Every Picture Tells A Story, which MAY be my favorite rock album all-time.

Forum List

Back