Your rights have been taken away as of today

Is it not time for us to put off the other bullshit and join together and march on D.C and let them know we will not stand for this. I know many of you think very little of my opinions but come on. Post answers [lease and I will be in D.C this weekend to stand united with all of you. Democrat, Republican, Independent. I am 52 yrs. old, disabled and scared to death right now, not for myself but all of America.
Am I overreacting?

and be declared a terrorist and arrested ? I wouldn't suggest any marches on D.C. unless you go armed with guns.

The bill says;
(b) Applicability to United States Citizens and Lawful Resident Aliens-

(1) UNITED STATES CITIZENS- The requirement to detain a person in military custody under this section does not extend to citizens of the United States.

Why do you all keep saying that this bill applies to U.S. Citizens?

Read the whole article-it is applicable to U.S. citizens.

Also what if it didn't pertain to citizens? The constitution/bill of rights doesn't just pertain to citizens.

Yes it does and those that are here legally.
Our Constitution is for the United States Citizens and Aliens who have come here legally.
It does not apply to any one else.
You are buying into the liberal ideology of it being for all.
Read the first thing our Constitution says;
In Very big a bold letters is says;
WE THE PEOPLE of the United States

I'm well aware of what the pre-amble states. I'm also aware that the constitution limits the government-it doesn't grant out rights. That's a key distinction that has to be made.

If you can show me specifically where it states in the constitution that the government has the authority of waiving rights listed in the constitution for non-citizens-I'd love to see it.

Also as asked by other posters, if this specific bill didn't apply to citizens-why was there a recall of it on that one issue?

Tell me I am wrong tell me that when the bill voted on by the senate did not just strip Americans of their 4th 5th 6th and possibly 8th amendment away?

The bill does allow the executive branch to waive the authority based on national security and hold a suspect in civilian custody.
The legislation also would deny suspected terrorists, even U.S. citizens seized within the nation's borders, the right to trial and subject them to indefinite detention. Senate Intelligence Committee Chairman Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., had sought an exception to the provision for U.S. citizens, but her effort failed, 55-45.
Senate approves $662 billion defense bill - Yahoo! News

All that awaits is obama signature. It could be a poly to give obama a chance to say look I vetoed a bill and protected your rights. He get's re-elected by a grateful nation and bam he strips those rights away after he has been re-elected.

Does one require a civic lesson? In this Country a law, especially one spending money must be approved by the House AND the Senate. And when the 2 bills differ it requires a committee between the two houses to rectify the differences and another full house vote.

animated_kool_aid_man_oh_yeah_.gif

Yay totalitarian military dictatorships!!! I hope the Neocons are finally happy now.

I am a REP and I am against this bill so I dont know why you say that.. All my friends who are REP are against it too

This is the fault of the Demublicans.

Tell me I am wrong tell me that when the bill voted on by the senate did not just strip Americans of their 4th 5th 6th and possibly 8th amendment away?

The bill does allow the executive branch to waive the authority based on national security and hold a suspect in civilian custody.
The legislation also would deny suspected terrorists, even U.S. citizens seized within the nation's borders, the right to trial and subject them to indefinite detention. Senate Intelligence Committee Chairman Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., had sought an exception to the provision for U.S. citizens, but her effort failed, 55-45.

All that awaits is obama signature. It could be a poly to give obama a chance to say look I vetoed a bill and protected your rights. He get's re-elected by a grateful nation and bam he strips those rights away after he has been re-elected.

Does one require a civic lesson? In this Country a law, especially one spending money must be approved by the House AND the Senate. And when the 2 bills differ it requires a committee between the two houses to rectify the differences and another full house vote.
Spending bills start in the house and finish in the senate. and go to the president. and from my understanding this is what both chambers come up with.

I stand correct as I said the house has a version of this bill but the seate version must go before the house

The Senate's version of the defense bill still must be reconciled with the House-passed measure in the final weeks of the congressional session.

Last edited:
you as an individual may dis agree with it, but libertarianism and liberalism are not the same. What is happening is a mixture of liberals working with conservatives to enslave the public. But for a better term you can call them global elites or Statist.

I didn't say liberalism and libertarianism were the same. I said that on issues like this, the two are in complete agreement. The differences lie in the fact that libertarians don't believe in using the government to restrain abuses of our liberties by private power, but when it comes to abuses of our liberties directly by the government, liberals and libertarians are in COMPLETE agreement.

This bill may be the result of DEMOCRATS working with REPUBLICANS, but no way in hell is it the result of LIBERALS working with anyone. No liberal would EVER support anything like this, and any Democrat who DOES support it proves thereby that he or she is NOT a liberal.

By the way, according to my Occupy sources (needless to say, Occupy is pretty upset about this piece of shit), the Senate's passage of the act is the final move except for Obama's signature or veto. He has said he'll veto it, which probably means he will. Congress will then have the option of trying to override the president's veto or amending the bill to take out that provision. Presumably Obama would sign a military authorization without the offending law. I'm not going to predict what will happen'; we'll just have to see.

Last edited:

The patriot act set precedence for all this insanity......

This is why you don't trust government...

Then the progressives have the audacity to call gun owners paranoid????

Any fuck with authority these days can just walk into your house if they feel like it and do whatever the fuck they like... It's sad people don't see this...

I'm sure Bush had the best intentions, however democrats have used the patriot act to create an authoritarian state.... They're all about raising $$$$$$$ for their fucking state so they fuck people just so they can fine them to raise $$$$$$$$$ for their state... They love to spend money so the fuck people so they can spend money...

I'll be curious why and if the obamniator throws a veto at this. It probably has nothing to do with views on Americanism, rights, Posse-Commitatus and everything to do with power and politics. Either way, he'll hopefully do the right thing for all of his wrong, selfish reasons.

I'll be curious why and if the obamniator throws a veto at this. It probably has nothing to do with views on Americanism, rights, Posse-Commitatus and everything to do with power and politics. Either way, he'll hopefully do the right thing for all of his wrong, selfish reasons.

Obama and the democrats continually renew the patriot act... Which I find amusing considering democrats bitch about the fucking thing yet support Obamafuck...

Last edited:
you as an individual may dis agree with it, but libertarianism and liberalism are not the same. What is happening is a mixture of liberals working with conservatives to enslave the public. But for a better term you can call them global elites or Statist.

I didn't say liberalism and libertarianism were the same. I said that on issues like this, the two are in complete agreement. The differences lie in the fact that libertarians don't believe in using the government to restrain abuses of our liberties by private power, but when it comes to abuses of our liberties directly by the government, liberals and libertarians are in COMPLETE agreement.

This bill may be the result of DEMOCRATS working with REPUBLICANS, but no way in hell is it the result of LIBERALS working with anyone. No liberal would EVER support anything like this, and any Democrat who DOES support it proves thereby that he or she is NOT a liberal.

By the way, according to my Occupy sources (needless to say, Occupy is pretty upset about this piece of shit), the Senate's passage of the act is the final move except for Obama's signature or veto. He has said he'll veto it, which probably means he will. Congress will then have the option of trying to override the president's veto or amending the bill to take out that provision. Presumably Obama would sign a military authorization without the offending law. I'm not going to predict what will happen'; we'll just have to see.

This bill may be the result of DEMOCRATS working with REPUBLICANS, but no way in hell is it the result of LIBERALS working with anyone.

Pitty you still want to play the blame game of one party over the other. Who control's the Senate? Who is the majority leader? Who allowed this bill to be voted on? Go ahead play the blame game and you will be caught up in the very web they you think isn't being spun by your party as well as the republican party.

The patriot act set precedence for all this insanity......

This is why you don't trust government...

Then the progressives have the audacity to call gun owners paranoid????

Any fuck with authority these days can just walk into your house if they feel like it and do whatever the fuck they like... It's sad people don't see this...

I'm sure Bush had the best intentions, however democrats have used the patriot act to create an authoritarian state.... They're all about raising $$$$$$$ for their fucking state so they fuck people just so they can fine them to raise $$$$$$$$$ for their state... They love to spend money so the fuck people so they can spend money...

Here we have another one playing the blame game I will tell you like I told Dragon
Pitty you still want to play the blame game of one party over the other. Who voted to reinstate the patriot act? Who voted and supported the expansion of it? Go ahead play the blame game and you will be caught up in the very web they you think isn't being spun by your party as well as the democratic party.

First paragraph: good.

Second paragraph: not so good.

The politics of it is the problem.

People regardless of your party we are all in this together. It's the government doing this Republican and democrat Remember come next election and think to yourself that your vote counts play their game.

First paragraph: good.

Second paragraph: not so good.

The politics of it is the problem.

I am sorry to disagree but if obama does veto the bill it will go back to congress and they will over ride his veto. It's the perfect plan to get him re-elected.

FLUSH Republicans AND Democrats from DC next November.

If you live in a state which already has multiple third-party candidates appearing on your ballot, vote Green or Libertarian or Reform or AIP or whatever, BUT do NOT vote for any Democrat or Republican running for reelection in 2012.

Fire another shot heard 'round the world.

The bill says;
(b) Applicability to United States Citizens and Lawful Resident Aliens-

(1) UNITED STATES CITIZENS- The requirement to detain a person in military custody under this section does not extend to citizens of the United States.

Why do you all keep saying that this bill applies to U.S. Citizens?

Because it does
Senate Intelligence Committee Chairman Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., had sought an exception to the provision for U.S. citizens, but her effort failed, 55-45.
If it didn't exist why did Feinstein try to have the provision removed?

Feinstein is a true American hero, don't you think?

Forum List

Back