Your rights have been taken away as of today

Tell me I am wrong tell me that when the bill voted on by the senate did not just strip Americans of their 4th 5th 6th and possibly 8th amendment away?

The bill does allow the executive branch to waive the authority based on national security and hold a suspect in civilian custody.
The legislation also would deny suspected terrorists, even U.S. citizens seized within the nation's borders, the right to trial and subject them to indefinite detention. Senate Intelligence Committee Chairman Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., had sought an exception to the provision for U.S. citizens, but her effort failed, 55-45.
Senate approves $662 billion defense bill - Yahoo! News

All that awaits is obama signature. It could be a poly to give obama a chance to say look I vetoed a bill and protected your rights. He get's re-elected by a grateful nation and bam he strips those rights away after he has been re-elected.
This is a terrible bill.
If obama vetoes it, it will help him get re-elected congress will over ride his veto and it will still become a reality but it will help him you should be very happy about that.

Big 0 will sign it and the dems will cheer the fact that he did.

b/c he's gunna do it for the children.

so it will be different, some how, it will magically be different.

I think obama will veto it it will be a feather in his re-election hat

I really wish everybody would stop with the democrats and republican blame game. we must look at who voted for the passage and who didn't.

GovTrack: Senate Vote On Passage: S. 1867: National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2012

People you need to wake up and get past the partisan bickering it's us against them.

Tell me I am wrong tell me that when the bill voted on by the senate did not just strip Americans of their 4th 5th 6th and possibly 8th amendment away?

The bill does allow the executive branch to waive the authority based on national security and hold a suspect in civilian custody.
The legislation also would deny suspected terrorists, even U.S. citizens seized within the nation's borders, the right to trial and subject them to indefinite detention. Senate Intelligence Committee Chairman Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., had sought an exception to the provision for U.S. citizens, but her effort failed, 55-45.

All that awaits is obama signature. It could be a poly to give obama a chance to say look I vetoed a bill and protected your rights. He get's re-elected by a grateful nation and bam he strips those rights away after he has been re-elected.

Who are the 55 that voted for it that we need to vote against if they are up in november?

Seriously that bill is as outrageous and unconstitutional as the patriot act.

And to the Hacks saying this is a "right wing" thing the dems control the senate and BOTH sides should be against the parts of this bill that strip citizens of their consittutional protections from the govt.

Who are the 55 that voted for it that we need to vote against if they are up in november?

Seriously that bill is as outrageous and unconstitutional as the patriot act.

And to the Hacks saying this is a "right wing" thing the dems control the senate and BOTH sides should be against the parts of this bill that strip citizens of their consittutional protections from the govt.
I don't think that part really matters it's the final vote that counts, the ones that voted against that provision still voted for the bill KNOWING THE PROVISION WAS STILL THERE.

I am a REP and I am against this bill so I dont know why you say that.. All my friends who are REP are against it too

You in favor of the Patriot Act? Honest question.

A better question might have been, "were you in favor of the Patriot Act when it was first proposed and then signed into law by President Bush?" Many of my side supported the
Act while President Bush was in power and then wandered over to their disapproval after President Obama took charge.

I said from the beginning, "just wait until Hillary becomes President". I opposed the bill from the beginning almost completely alone as a conservative. Quite frankly I am now finding that I am not so alone anymore.

Immie

I am a REP and I am against this bill so I dont know why you say that.. All my friends who are REP are against it too

A better question might have been, "were you in favor of the Patriot Act when it was first proposed and then signed into law by President Bush?" Many of my side supported the
Act while President Bush was in power and then wandered over to their disapproval after President Obama took charge.

I said from the beginning, "just wait until Hillary becomes President". I opposed the bill from the beginning almost completely alone as a conservative. Quite frankly I am now finding that I am not so alone anymore.

Immie

We have that government now that so many who opposed the patriot act had spoken about.

from your own link

The bill would require military custody of a suspect deemed to be a member of al-Qaida or its affiliates and involved in plotting or committing attacks on the United States. American citizens would be exempt. The bill does allow the executive branch to waive the authority based on national security and hold a suspect in civilian custody.

Immie

We have that government now that so many who opposed the patriot act had spoken about.

Right, but back when it was signed conservatives seemed to think that it was one of the greatest bills ever passed. They praised Bush constantly and called anyone who opposed it, me included, un-American. Now they seem to understand where we were coming from.

Too bad they didn't have the foresight to realize where it could lead.

Immie

Lock 'n load.

Ready on the right.

full-auto-albums-obama-care-picture4143-betamag.jpg

Big 0 will sign it and the dems will cheer the fact that he did.

b/c he's gunna do it for the children.

so it will be different, some how, it will magically be different.

I think obama will veto it it will be a feather in his re-election hat

I really wish everybody would stop with the democrats and republican blame game. we must look at who voted for the passage and who didn't.

GovTrack: Senate Vote On Passage: S. 1867: National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2012

People you need to wake up and get past the partisan bickering it's us against them.

It would help if you didnt LIE about whats in the bill

The OP lied about what in the bill.

Please dont ignore the real facts.

He lied

from your own link

The bill would require military custody of a suspect deemed to be a member of al-Qaida or its affiliates and involved in plotting or committing attacks on the United States. American citizens would be exempt. The bill does allow the executive branch to waive the authority based on national security and hold a suspect in civilian custody.

Maybe you should read a little further why did Feinstein try to remove the provision that would affect American citizens if it did affect them?

Here's the provision she tried to have removed
Bill Text - 112th Congress (2011-2012) - THOMAS (Library of Congress)

SEC. 1031. AFFIRMATION OF AUTHORITY OF THE ARMED FORCES OF THE UNITED STATES TO DETAIN COVERED PERSONS PURSUANT TO THE AUTHORIZATION FOR USE OF MILITARY FORCE.

Immie

Right, but back when it was signed conservatives seemed to think that it was one of the greatest bills ever passed. They praised Bush constantly and called anyone who opposed it, me included, un-American. Now they seem to understand where we were coming from.

Too bad they didn't have the foresight to realize where it could lead.

Immie

Not all Conservatives

Forum List

Back