Your rights have been taken away as of today

bigrebnc1775

][][][% NC Sheepdog
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 12, 2010
Kannapolis, N.C.
Tell me I am wrong tell me that when the bill voted on by the senate did not just strip Americans of their 4th 5th 6th and possibly 8th amendment away?

The bill does allow the executive branch to waive the authority based on national security and hold a suspect in civilian custody.
The legislation also would deny suspected terrorists, even U.S. citizens seized within the nation's borders, the right to trial and subject them to indefinite detention. Senate Intelligence Committee Chairman Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., had sought an exception to the provision for U.S. citizens, but her effort failed, 55-45.
Senate approves $662 billion defense bill - Yahoo! News

All that awaits is obama signature. It could be a poly to give obama a chance to say look I vetoed a bill and protected your rights. He get's re-elected by a grateful nation and bam he strips those rights away after he has been re-elected.

animated_kool_aid_man_oh_yeah_.gif

Yay totalitarian military dictatorships!!! I hope the Neocons are finally happy now.

Yay totalitarian military dictatorships!!! I hope the Neocons are finally happy now.

I am a REP and I am against this bill so I dont know why you say that.. All my friends who are REP are against it too

Anything negative like this they think the Rep's are for. And it won't change their minds just because we tell them they're idiots and don't know what they're talking about....because a lot of them ARE idiots and don't know what they're talking about. Why would ANYONE be in favor of a bill like this? If Obama doesn't veto it, he's dead in the water.

I am a REP and I am against this bill so I dont know why you say that.. All my friends who are REP are against it too

Anything negative like this they think the Rep's are for. And it won't change their minds just because we tell them they're idiots and don't know what they're talking about....because a lot of them ARE idiots and don't know what they're talking about. Why would ANYONE be in favor of a bill like this? If Obama doesn't veto it, he's dead in the water.

It doesn't matter if he vetoes the bill or not the fact that it was presented is unnerving if you ask my opinion

Alex Jones like him or hate fruitcake nut bag or what eve hit it dead on and has always said this.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRwdBQHJlsM&feature=g-u]The Republic is Over!! Alex Jones Friday Edition - YouTube[/ame]

Let's hope this gets vetoed. Both parties have gotten completely power-hungry...this vote just highlights that.

Obama already made a statement saying he would veto this bill no matter what if it contained that in it.

obama needs something to help his poll numbers vetoing a bill that would take rights away would be the ticket for him. Then the re-election of obama he can push the rest of his agenda. with another democratic controlled congress. As I said your rights are gone as of today.

You think that Obma will veto this bill when the Senate voted 93 to 7?
Way more than a super majority.

You think that Obma will veto this bill when the Senate voted 93 to 7?
Way more than a super majority.

he will veto but the senate will over ride it. It's a poly for obama to look like he has done something right. Congress votes to over ride his veto. It's a win win for obama and Congress. The only losers are the American people.

It doesn't matter if he vetoes the bill or not the fact that it was presented is unnerving if you ask my opinion

Hey stupid........you DO realize that the people who STARTED the bill are in Congress, right?

The bill says;
(b) Applicability to United States Citizens and Lawful Resident Aliens-

(1) UNITED STATES CITIZENS- The requirement to detain a person in military custody under this section does not extend to citizens of the United States.

Why do you all keep saying that this bill applies to U.S. Citizens?

Forum List

Back