Your rights have been taken away as of today

Tell me I am wrong tell me that when the bill voted on by the senate did not just strip Americans of their 4th 5th 6th and possibly 8th amendment away?

The bill does allow the executive branch to waive the authority based on national security and hold a suspect in civilian custody.
The legislation also would deny suspected terrorists, even U.S. citizens seized within the nation's borders, the right to trial and subject them to indefinite detention. Senate Intelligence Committee Chairman Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., had sought an exception to the provision for U.S. citizens, but her effort failed, 55-45.
Senate approves $662 billion defense bill - Yahoo! News

All that awaits is obama signature. It could be a poly to give obama a chance to say look I vetoed a bill and protected your rights. He get's re-elected by a grateful nation and bam he strips those rights away after he has been re-elected.

55 to 45. Who voted what? Care to give us a rundown on that? Couldn't be that the GOP people were the ones that kept Feinsteins revisions from happening, could it?

And if President Obama vetos the bill on the basis of this, are you going to give him credit, or go after him for not funding the military? Going to answer that honestly? Because if he vetos the bill, you are going to see multiple threads here going after the President for his veto.

The bill says;
(b) Applicability to United States Citizens and Lawful Resident Aliens-

(1) UNITED STATES CITIZENS- The requirement to detain a person in military custody under this section does not extend to citizens of the United States.

Why do you all keep saying that this bill applies to U.S. Citizens?

Because it does
Senate Intelligence Committee Chairman Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., had sought an exception to the provision for U.S. citizens, but her effort failed, 55-45.
If it didn't exist why did Feinstein try to have the provision removed?

Feinstein is a true American hero, don't you think?

She voted for it anyway

Tell me I am wrong tell me that when the bill voted on by the senate did not just strip Americans of their 4th 5th 6th and possibly 8th amendment away?

The bill does allow the executive branch to waive the authority based on national security and hold a suspect in civilian custody.
The legislation also would deny suspected terrorists, even U.S. citizens seized within the nation's borders, the right to trial and subject them to indefinite detention. Senate Intelligence Committee Chairman Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., had sought an exception to the provision for U.S. citizens, but her effort failed, 55-45.

All that awaits is obama signature. It could be a poly to give obama a chance to say look I vetoed a bill and protected your rights. He get's re-elected by a grateful nation and bam he strips those rights away after he has been re-elected.

55 to 45. Who voted what? Care to give us a rundown on that? Couldn't be that the GOP people were the ones that kept Feinsteins revisions from happening, could it?

And if President Obama vetos the bill on the basis of this, are you going to give him credit, or go after him for not funding the military? Going to answer that honestly? Because if he vetos the bill, you are going to see multiple threads here going after the President for his veto.

You actually think this is a Republican thing? it's both your fucking moron wake the fuck up. Oh I guess you didn't read the last part of my post

It could be a poly to give obama a chance to say look I vetoed a bill and protected your rights. it will go back to congress they over ride his veto, he will say I tried to protect your rights but they did it. He get's re-elected by a grateful nation and bam he strips those rights away after he has been re-elected.

Screw this bullshit. I can not take anymore constitutional rights violations by these politicians. They can not just write out your rights. Habeous Corpus was established way back during the signing of the Magna Carta. Why in the hell was this done in secret. Are we going to finance the take over of ourselves? I am Restating and defending my Declaration of Independence. Lets put aside our differences for now and join in signing our new Declaration of Independence. If we do not stop this now, we are done as a free nation.

Actually, ‘true conservatives’ should support the veto for both reasons.

Has the OP or anyone else bothered to link to the specific text in the bill that covers this???

The legislation also would deny suspected terrorists, even U.S. citizens seized within the nation's borders, the right to trial and subject them to indefinite detention.

There are two or three morons here who still think this will have no effect on American citizens.

No matter how you interpret the bill for some reason Feinstein tried to have the provision that would affect American citizens but she failed. Now tell me why did did she try to do this if it wasn't going to violates the rights of American citizens?

animated_kool_aid_man_oh_yeah_.gif

Yay totalitarian military dictatorships!!! I hope the Neocons are finally happy now.

I am a REP and I am against this bill so I dont know why you say that.. All my friends who are REP are against it too

Anything negative like this they think the Rep's are for. And it won't change their minds just because we tell them they're idiots and don't know what they're talking about....because a lot of them ARE idiots and don't know what they're talking about. Why would ANYONE be in favor of a bill like this? If Obama doesn't veto it, he's dead in the water.

Nine inch nails - Capital G - YouTube

The corporate liberals do not represent the majority of the republicans or of the conservative ideology. Blind acceptance of neocon policy is destroying this country.

I am a REP and I am against this bill so I dont know why you say that.. All my friends who are REP are against it too

Anything negative like this they think the Rep's are for. And it won't change their minds just because we tell them they're idiots and don't know what they're talking about....because a lot of them ARE idiots and don't know what they're talking about. Why would ANYONE be in favor of a bill like this? If Obama doesn't veto it, he's dead in the water.

The corporate liberals do not represent the majority of the republicans or of the conservative ideology. Blind acceptance of neocon policy is destroying this country.

I wished Americans would get past the liberal conservative dogma. This legislation was supported by those who claim too be conservative and liberal

I wished Americans would get past the liberal conservative dogma. This legislation was supported by those who claim too be conservative and liberal

Neocons are like closet homosexuals. They know what they are doing is dirty and wrong, and they are ashamed. They are fucking pretenders. They pretend to be conservative because conservatives have the moral high ground.

Only blind sheep accept labels as truth.

There are two or three morons here who still think this will have no effect on American citizens.

No matter how you interpret the bill for some reason Feinstein tried to have the provision that would affect American citizens but she failed. Now tell me why did did she try to do this if it wasn't going to violates the rights of American citizens?

Has the OP or anyone else bothered to link to the specific text in the bill that covers this???

Obama already made a statement saying he would veto this bill no matter what if it contained that in it.

Let's hope this gets vetoed. Both parties have gotten completely power-hungry...this vote just highlights that.
It won't matter if Obama vetoes it. The veto will be overridden based on the support split.

That's why I say it will help obama's poll numbers to rise on his way to re-election. He can campaign that he tried to stop a bill that would take away the rights of American citizens, and still get what he wants. Then after he is re-elected will then push for the rest of his agenda. With a democratic controlled congress.

This is a terrible bill.

Forum List

Back