Your Religious Affiliation

What would you consider your religious affliation to be?

• Christian - Catholic

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Christian - Protestant

Votes: 6 12.5%
  • Christian - Evangelical/Born Again

Votes: 6 12.5%
  • Jewish

Votes: 5 10.4%
  • Muslim

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Hindu

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Unaffiliated - Believe in something but no particular deity

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Unaffiliated - Agnostic

Votes: 5 10.4%
  • Unaffiliated - Atheist

Votes: 12 25.0%
  • Other

Votes: 11 22.9%

• Total voters
It's better to not hear the lies of religion and live life according to God's will for you. Religious people don't know God's will for them because they believe they have to do something special to be in His will.

When I was a kid, I attended church services because my parents expected me to but I never believed any of it. When I started asking the obvious questions about the inconsistencies in the whole god story and was told to stop rocking the boat and shut up, that was a red flag.
my story is similar except the mormons tried to pray the non believer out of me with a little thing they call the laying on of hands...

Religious people think they have to do something special to attain recognition from our Creator. They have no idea that our Creator created them and the life we all live for eternity.

Energy and atomic elements cause them fear because these words can't be found in their holy books, although the symbolic names Christ, Kingdom of God, Holy Spirit, Son of God, Heaven, Light, the Law, Zion, Jacob, Counselor, Angels, etc. all mean the same exact thing that we know as energy today.

Jewish
happy0148.gif

So are you saying you were sealed to your parents and your spouse? or to your parents that day? or just your spouse?
are you really this dense?

If you dont want to answer the question. That's fine. Just say so. But as I asked whether you were sealed to your parents or to your spouse or even both and you havent answered the questioned asked you can't really blame me for asking again.

So are you saying you were sealed to your parents and your spouse? or to your parents that day? or just your spouse?
are you really this dense?

(1) it is not his business

and

(2) he is a low information member of his faith

He's the one who was sharing information. If he doesn't want to answer he doesn't have to. I just don't really appreciate the question being dodged

Oh and Jake. Just because I can provide accurate information about my faith that you can't understand, doesn't make the information I have low. Quite the opposite.

I'm an atheist and always have been

It's better to not hear the lies of religion and live life according to God's will for you. Religious people don't know God's will for them because they believe they have to do something special to be in His will.

When I was a kid, I attended church services because my parents expected me to but I never believed any of it. When I started asking the obvious questions about the inconsistencies in the whole god story and was told to stop rocking the boat and shut up, that was a red flag.

I'm sorry you had to attend the type of church/be apart of the type of denomination that would discourage curiosity and questioning. I didn't have that experience.

When I was a kid we didn't go to church at all. My parents imagined themselves to be hedonists and so totally free spirits they wouldn't be told what to do even by a church. Their hero was Jack Kerouac. My mother's religious beliefs was a combination of spirituality with lots of ghosts and hauntings and some dabbling in witchcraft. I probably knew more about witchcraft growing up than Christianity. My mother was an avid reader of witchcraft related books and I read them too.

When I was in my 40s I read the Bible for the first time. Really read it. Sat down and read it cover to cover. I read it without any background in Christian belief whatsoever. No instruction, no preaching. There were no other person's interpretation or counsel between myself and that written word. By the time I was done, I was a Christian. Logically, it could not be any other way. It made sense in a way that nothing else ever had.

When I was a kid we didn't go to church at all. My parents imagined themselves to be hedonists and so totally free spirits they wouldn't be told what to do even by a church. Their hero was Jack Kerouac. My mother's religious beliefs was a combination of spirituality with lots of ghosts and hauntings and some dabbling in witchcraft. I probably knew more about witchcraft growing up than Christianity. My mother was an avid reader of witchcraft related books and I read them too.

When I was in my 40s I read the Bible for the first time. Really read it. Sat down and read it cover to cover. I read it without any background in Christian belief whatsoever. No instruction, no preaching. There were no other person's interpretation or counsel between myself and that written word. By the time I was done, I was a Christian. Logically, it could not be any other way. It made sense in a way that nothing else ever had.

If you don't mind being asked how exactly did it "make sense" to you? What besides the witchcraft/spirituality were you comparing it to? Have you read the Torah, the Koran or any other of the great holy texts? You are not obliged to answer any of these questions if you feel that this is inappropriate to ask of you.

my story is similar except the mormons tried to pray the non believer out of me with a little thing they call the laying on of hands...

I don't see that as any different than the rituals we see in primitive tribes who bang rocks together and sacrifice animals to please their god.

I know former christians who also read the bible thoroughly and as a result became atheists.

I'm sorry you had to attend the type of church/be apart of the type of denomination that would discourage curiosity and questioning. I didn't have that experience.

When there is no logical answer to the inconsistencies I questioned, what choice did they have?

I don't see that as any different than the rituals we see in primitive tribes who bang rocks together and sacrifice animals to please their god.
there is no difference.

Agnostic here. Simply put, I have no data either way regarding the supernatural because the supernatural is, by definition, outside the natural world. That said, if there is a God, I suspect it is something like Spinoza's God or what the Deist conceptualization of God is.

Obviously, it's not a simple question - for example, I call myself a Lutheran and go to church on Christmas and Easter but do not take the Bible literally whatsoever, am a very scientific person and think of God in a more physics-based way - but in general, what would you consider yourself?

If you perceive God as more physics based, why not go to a lab on Christmas and Easter? Wouldn't you learn more?
If you think the Bible is not the literal truth, wouldn't Christmas and especially Easter be two of the biggest fantasies to avoid?

God's superior knowledge of physics is what He uses to create. Does that make Him less spiritual? :eusa_angel:

Obviously, it's not a simple question - for example, I call myself a Lutheran and go to church on Christmas and Easter but do not take the Bible literally whatsoever, am a very scientific person and think of God in a more physics-based way - but in general, what would you consider yourself?

If you perceive God as more physics based, why not go to a lab on Christmas and Easter? Wouldn't you learn more?
If you think the Bible is not the literal truth, wouldn't Christmas and especially Easter be two of the biggest fantasies to avoid?

God's superior knowledge of physics is what He uses to create. Does that make Him less spiritual? :eusa_angel:
christmas and easter were PAGAN holidays that were usurped by christianity...

Hard to choose between Christian and Agnostic if you believe Jesus spoke with divine insight but not in the specific dogma and ritual of various denominations. Some things are beyond human understanding.

Forum List

Back