Your Religious Affiliation

What would you consider your religious affliation to be?

• Christian - Catholic

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Christian - Protestant

Votes: 6 12.5%
  • Christian - Evangelical/Born Again

Votes: 6 12.5%
  • Jewish

Votes: 5 10.4%
  • Muslim

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Hindu

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Unaffiliated - Believe in something but no particular deity

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Unaffiliated - Agnostic

Votes: 5 10.4%
  • Unaffiliated - Atheist

Votes: 12 25.0%
  • Other

Votes: 11 22.9%

• Total voters
Hmmm, a JW thinking he is a Christian. OK.

Jehovah Witness are Christians as are Mormons. Both believe in God and Jesus. Both believe in the resurrection and the Holy Bible.

Neither believe in the Jesus of tradition and the Bible that 98% of Christians believe in.

I have no problem with whatever you call yourself.

Heck, Jefferson, who believed in nothing divine or miraculous about the Savior, said he was Christian.

OK, you are a Christian. Most Christians are going to tell you "whatever."

So are you saying you were sealed to your parents and your spouse? or to your parents that day? or just your spouse?

Obviously, it's not a simple question - for example, I call myself a Lutheran and go to church on Christmas and Easter but do not take the Bible literally whatsoever, am a very scientific person and think of God in a more physics-based way - but in general, what would you consider yourself?

Primarily rational with a Monty Pythonesque sense of humor which is why I can't take any religious dogma seriously. :cool:

Obviously, it's not a simple question - for example, I call myself a Lutheran and go to church on Christmas and Easter but do not take the Bible literally whatsoever, am a very scientific person and think of God in a more physics-based way - but in general, what would you consider yourself?

Primarily rational with a Monty Pythonesque sense of humor which is why I can't take any religious dogma seriously. :cool:
I didn't expect this sort of spanish inquisition !
[ame=http://youtu.be/Tym0MObFpTI]The Spanish Inquisition - YouTube[/ame]

I'm an atheist and always have been

It's better to not hear the lies of religion and live life according to God's will for you. Religious people don't know God's will for them because they believe they have to do something special to be in His will.

It's better to not hear the lies of religion and live life according to God's will for you. Religious people don't know God's will for them because they believe they have to do something special to be in His will.

When I was a kid, I attended church services because my parents expected me to but I never believed any of it. When I started asking the obvious questions about the inconsistencies in the whole god story and was told to stop rocking the boat and shut up, that was a red flag.

When I was a kid, I attended church services because my parents expected me to but I never believed any of it. When I started asking the obvious questions about the inconsistencies in the whole god story and was told to stop rocking the boat and shut up, that was a red flag.
my story is similar except the mormons tried to pray the non believer out of me with a little thing they call the laying on of hands...

Last edited:

I understand you well, my friend. Religion was created by our Creator to deceive man from the Truth, which is beginning to be understood by physicists today. God used His plan called the "beast" to deceive man from knowing who we really but at the same time, teach man how to build things until we had the microscope, telescope, computer, internet and other technology to understand the invisible us (energy).

Religious people hate when I write about energy and atomic elements that make up our make-believe world. Scientists are finally learning that mass doesn't exist but that everything is made up of information (energy, or God's stored thoughts).

Forum List

Back