Your personal opinion

Who is worse

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think George W. Bush was a good man who made a lot of mistakes, and got a lot of bad advice from people like Cheney and Rumsfeld... esepcially in his second term.

I think Barack Obama is a good man who simply was not in Federal Government long enough to develop the horse-trading skills to be an effective president, but he still managed to pull us back from the abyss.

I think Mitt Romney is a horrible human being who will thoroughly fuck the working class if we are ever dumb enough to put him in office.

I think your first two paragraphs are fair and probably accurate assessments.

i didn't think you were correct about mitt. i'm not certain he's a horrible human being. i do think he is pretty rudderless as a political figure.

I don't think he's "rudderless", I think he completely lacks principles.

I don't think he's as right wing as he is talking now... he just made a political calculation that he had to go to the right to win. I don't think he's racist (despite belonging to a religion that calls dark skin a divine curse), but he made a political calculation that he had to play to racism to win.

And I think that he has a complete lack of empathy for the working class, given how many working class jobs he destroyed trying to make a quick buck.

A republican cannot possibly be pro choice.

Why not?
*blink*blink*

Don't watch this if within earshot of children. Certainly not work friendly. But it's something you obviously need because I didn't say that. You changed what I said in the post quoted, and put my name on it. WTF?
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoRD1wmvwUc]The worlds funniest commercial - YouTube[/ame]

Bush was an excellent president. He made a few mistakes. The biggest one was in working with democrats to agree to their demands for more social programs. obama has been an utter disaster on all levels.

Polls doesn't really amount to a hill of beans because we all have opinions on interpretations and I may see and interpret success and you may see and interpret failure and it's all a matter of opinion. I see the glass as half full and you may see the same as half empty. I see obama as as success and you may see him as a failure. Matter of opinion.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Who you care about the most, tell us the most about who you are."

Last edited:
Bush with out a doubt for his useless wars.

Obama is not perfect by no means but he has stoped the bleeding.

Bush with out a doubt for his useless wars.

Obama is not perfect by no means but he has stoped the bleeding.

Tell that to the guys who've lost their lives in Afghanistan in the last 3 1/2 years.

it sucks that you can't just walk away from a mess left by one's predecessor, huh?

it took nixon to his second term to end vietnam, too.

or do you want to blame this president for trying to fix what the shrub broke?

Bush was an excellent president. He made a few mistakes. The biggest one was in working with democrats to agree to their demands for more social programs. obama has been an utter disaster on all levels.

Two wars. Two Recessions. Worst economic meltdown since WWII. A major city washed off the face of the country..

You really don't get to call yourself great if you screw up that bad.

he made us a laughingstock internationally

Our enemies weren't laughing when President Bush was in office the way they are now.

Yup, Bin Laden is really laughing at us now...Oh, no, wait, he's dead.

Well, Khadafy is really laughing at us now... Oh, no, wait, he's dead, too.

Wow, you just like saying stupid things, don't you?

Who would you say was a worse president, Obama or Bush?

Poll to follow

Bush.

bush-failure.jpg

The purpose of his life was to show us what bitches Dems are.

- Bush enacts major spending on Dem entitlements - Dems: Boo
- Obama enacts major spending on Dem entitlements Dems: Hooray

- Bush stays in Afghanistan - Dems: Impeach him!
- Obama statys in Afghanistan - Dems: What war?

- Bush passes major prescription drug plan - Dems: Boo
- Obama passes a wasteful gov take-over of healthcare - Dems: Hooray

- Bush tries to privatize a part of social security - Dems: Boo (You're taking people's hard earned money)
- Obama guts medicare - Dems: F Old people

- Bush opposes gay marriage - Dems: Hateful bigot
- Obama opposes gay marriage - Dems: It's okay

- Bush keeps oil prices down - Dems: You greedy bastard!
- Oil doubles under Obama - Dems; The president has no control over the price of oil

- Bush adds five trillion to the debt in 8 years - Dems: He's just giving the money to the rich
- Obama adds six trillion to the debt in 4 years - Dems: What debt?

- Bush bails out banks - Dems: He's just giving money to Wall Street
- Obama bails out banks - Dems: He's saving us from collapse
- Obama bails out GM - Dems: He's such a hero

- Bush's tax cuts bring more revenues - Dems: He's giving money to the rich
- Obama keeps the tax cuts - Dems: We need to blame Bush for this econmy.

- Dems block regulation of Fanny/Freddy - Dems: Blame Bush
- GSA wastes billions - Dems: No big deal
-

Eh... If they are created by Obama then they aren't private sector are they?

Tell that to the auto workers, the downstream suppliers, the lunch wagon owner in Detroit.

Eh... the same amount as Obama.

That would be wrong. Private sector payroll jobs (in thousands):

Feb 2001 109889
Jan 2009 109084

That's a total private sector job loss, under Bush of 805,000 jobs.

Feb 2009 108444
Aug 2012 112349
That's a total private sector job growth 3,905,000 jobs under Obama

Series Id: CEU0500000001
Not Seasonally Adjusted
Super Sector: Total private
Industry: Total private
Ok

So we agree that it would be fair to say that Obama created a scadillion times more private sector jobs than Bush. But to be reasonable, Obama could have created 1 private sector job, and also have created a scadillion times more private sector jobs than Bush.

I'd suggest that Obama's success is due to both his direct intervention in key industries like banks and automotive, as well as his tax policies. Rolling back the payroll tax was one thing that really helped the small business owner grow.

I'll also bring into question the stupid assed concept of trickle down, where you cut the income taxes on the highest income group creating jobs. The fact that Bush's employment rates was based exclusively on public sector employment. What's MBA type stupid is that the reason that Obama is really being hurt by, is that one of the biggest job cuts has been to fire teachers. How short sighted is that? That's also one of the major reasons that women are more hurt now, since the GOP won the House. It wasn't Obama that didn't want the Federal government to not help States to help pay for teachers in the classroom.

Obama wants to put more teachers back to work. That's part of our future. That's the next generation. I find it disgusting that so many less of our children are getting a 4 year degree. Where we used to lead the world in education, we're now about 18th. What's Romney's plan? Cut helping people to go to college, don't help the States with supporting public colleges, and expect that the strategy will bring down tuition costs. Is that the stupidest argument ever?

We could increase the number of those with college degrees by simply handing them out the way we now hand out high school diplomas.

Tell that to the auto workers, the downstream suppliers, the lunch wagon owner in Detroit.

That would be wrong. Private sector payroll jobs (in thousands):

Feb 2001 109889
Jan 2009 109084

That's a total private sector job loss, under Bush of 805,000 jobs.

Feb 2009 108444
Aug 2012 112349
That's a total private sector job growth 3,905,000 jobs under Obama

Series Id: CEU0500000001
Not Seasonally Adjusted
Super Sector: Total private
Industry: Total private
Ok

So we agree that it would be fair to say that Obama created a scadillion times more private sector jobs than Bush. But to be reasonable, Obama could have created 1 private sector job, and also have created a scadillion times more private sector jobs than Bush.

I'd suggest that Obama's success is due to both his direct intervention in key industries like banks and automotive, as well as his tax policies. Rolling back the payroll tax was one thing that really helped the small business owner grow.

I'll also bring into question the stupid assed concept of trickle down, where you cut the income taxes on the highest income group creating jobs. The fact that Bush's employment rates was based exclusively on public sector employment. What's MBA type stupid is that the reason that Obama is really being hurt by, is that one of the biggest job cuts has been to fire teachers. How short sighted is that? That's also one of the major reasons that women are more hurt now, since the GOP won the House. It wasn't Obama that didn't want the Federal government to not help States to help pay for teachers in the classroom.

Obama wants to put more teachers back to work. That's part of our future. That's the next generation. I find it disgusting that so many less of our children are getting a 4 year degree. Where we used to lead the world in education, we're now about 18th. What's Romney's plan? Cut helping people to go to college, don't help the States with supporting public colleges, and expect that the strategy will bring down tuition costs. Is that the stupidest argument ever?

Bush and Obama, as far as I know I know have created NO private sector jobs. Only Romney has a track record of job creation. The unemployment rate for all of Bush's term 5 percent, Obama's over 8.

Bush and Obama, as far as I know I know have created NO private sector jobs. Only Romney has a track record of job creation. The unemployment rate for all of Bush's term 5 percent, Obama's over 8.

That would be wrong. Had we taken the Romney approach, we would have let GM and Chrysler go under. Obama kept those companies afloat. It's not just UAW workers that were kept afloat. It was downstream suppliers (which is why Ford, which didn't accept any money, supported the policy); It was the small businesses around those industries, such as the simple owners of lunch wagons, that were kept afloat; it was the banks that held the mortgages on the property that those people owned; etc...etc...etc...

The fact remains that under eight years Bush, and his supply side bullshit, he lost over 805,000 private sector jobs. Under less than 4 years of Obama, there were 3,905,000 private sector jobs created.

As for the total unemployment numbers, you have to look at public sector jobs. How many teachers lost their jobs? Why didn't the GOP congress even considered the American Jobs Act last year? What would unemployment be if Obama were given the same tools that Reagan, Bush 1, and Bush 2 been given?

Yes, it is a bizzaro world, but the fact remains that Obama has done the best with the only tool he had, i.e. private sector job growth.

George W. Bush inherited a strong economy, a budget surplus, and a nation at peace.

Eight years later, he left Obama with a shattered economy, a trillion dollar deficit, and two useless wars.

Obama saved the country from another Great Depression, rebuilt GM, reformed healthcare, reformed Wall Street, doubled the stock market, created 12 straight quarters of GDP growth, created 30 straight months of private sector job growth, got Bin Laden, got Gaddafi, and got us out of Iraq.

And now with the automatic spending cuts and the expiration of the Bush tax cuts in 2012, Obama has solved the deficit problem as well.

Obama has done a very good job.

While I disagree about Obama, there is no question Bush turned peace and prosperity into death & debt. But the slow witted adore him, he got to play dress up like a soldier, and never had one shot fired at him. No dirty foxholes, no pooping in his pants with no way to bathe for days on end, and ALWAYS the finest foods one can imagine. The lazy, ignorant dream world of.....the LAZY & IGNORANT.

I am thinking you must be about 14 not to remember what happened in 2001, or you could just be a Democrat.

2001 Y2K, the dot.com crash, then the Muslim friends of the Democrats crashed into the WTC on 9/11, peace was no more. They did this because they were emboldened by Clinton's lack of resolve. The only resolve Clinton showed was the bombing of white Serbians. A problem in Somalia and we pull out. WTC one, nothing. The Cole, and open and blatant act of war, NOTHING. I can't think of a president in my life time that did more damage to this country then Clinton and he got away with it. At least Bush showed some resolve to end the BS and DID with the bipartisan support of Congress. Until he actually did then the democrats turned on him and the country.

Hard choice really.

It is, and its a bit unfair as I'm comparing 4 years of Obama and 8 years of Bush.
Did Obama lie us into a ten year military adventure without budgeting for it? And did Obama reduce taxes on the upper income range at the same time?

There is no question that these two factors triggered the decline in our economy which continues today. There is no question that Obama inherited a pig-in-a-poke presidency. And while I won't say Obama couldn't have done a much better job I do believe he is a vast improvement over Bush in every way.

There is no question in my mind that George W. Bush was the worst president in my lifetime and probably the worst in modern history. He is a criminal and he should be turned over to the World Court for prosecution.

No affiliation, Bush was worse.

Regardless of the crap that Obama is ignoring or causing, starting a useless war that cost as many soldier's lives as it did is unforgivable.

You assume the conclusion "useless" is a given.

I think Mitt Romney is a horrible human being who will thoroughly fuck the working class if we are ever dumb enough to put him in office.

You think that because you are an empty-headed, psuedo-marxist, bigoted fool.

Forum List

Back