Your Overtime Has Just Been Cut

Expansion of the employer mandate penalty through IRS regulation. Obamacare grants tax credits to people whose employers don’t provide coverage if they buy a plan “through an Exchange established by the State”—and then fines employers for each employee receiving such a subsidy. No tax credits are authorized for residents of states where the exchanges are established by the federal government, as an incentive for states to create exchanges themselves. Because so few (16) states did, however, the IRS issued a rule ignoring that plain text and allowed subsidies (and commensurate fines) for plans coming from “a State Exchange, regional Exchange, subsidiary Exchange, and federally-facilitated Exchange.”

Political profiling by the IRS. After seeing a rise in the number of applications for tax-exempt status, the IRS in 2010 compiled a “be on the lookout” (“BOLO”) list to identify organizations engaged in political activities. The list included words such as “Tea Party,” “Patriots,” and “Israel”; subjects such as government spending, debt, or taxes; and activities such as criticizing the government, educating about the Constitution, or challenging Obamacare. The targeting continued through May of this year.

keep your posts on topic and civil. The op is an interesting one, address the op and keep the off topic posts to yourselves!

then maybe you can tell me why you were not mad when Bush held back the broker rules in GLB act for 8 long years while the banks fucked us?

I didn't know about it but if i had , i would have complained. I hate bush too. He was probuly worse than obozo.

[do you understand how silly that makes you look? presidents head the executive branch, and part of that branch is the bureaucracy. in so much as they have been granted the ability to make their own rules and regulations the president has the ability to direct those rules and regulations.

Their own rules? Sure - an agency can write rules that apply to itself. But they can't write laws that apply to the citizenry. Yet they do it all the time.

[start by having a fact based argument for why you believe this to be illegal, or why you believe that the president needs congress to make this change.

The OP told you why. The very first words of the constitution after the preamble say that only congress has legislative powers. Case closed.

When salaried employees see their salaries go down and they can't accumulate comp time anymore they won't vote democrat. A new president can void these executive orders with a new executive order. They are not laws and need no action beyond another executive order to void.

The president has had the power to do this since the 1930s

Really? Show us the constitutional amendment that gave the prez the power to write laws.

Google "Executive Orders." Presidents have been issuing them for decades. Why did you just get around to noticing executive orders?

. EOs are not meant to be laws. EOs are supposed to be a president's way of announcing how he will enforce a law. For example, obozo might issue an EO that says he's going to enforce our minimum wage laws by having FBI agents interview employees of randomly chosen companies. That's an EO and that's ok, but in this case obozo is just writing a new law!!! THINK

Many people use overtime pay as a kind of savings or second job. In a rising economy overtime goes up before employment, because its cheaper to work the people you've got than hire new ones.
Well, that just went away. Increase the cost of something, you get less of it. Basic Econ 101, something this president just doesn't understand.
Obama to order strengthened overtime pay rules

I really do believe Obama and his comrades in arms are out to INTENTIONALLY HURT US

Look at OScamCare and how MILLIONS it has caused to lose their insurance policies, now this with overtime pay, wanting to raise the min wage in this crappy economy, etc

I pray we survive this man and his comrades

Actually "free" overtime has been cut

Sucks for business doesn't it?

Hourly paid people always got overtime.

Salaried people have been traditionally expected to work up to 45 hours a week but if they work only 36 they don't get a decrease in pay that week.

It balances out

Actually "free" overtime has been cut

Sucks for business doesn't it?

Hourly paid people always got overtime.

Salaried people have been traditionally expected to work up to 45 hours a week but if they work only 36 they don't get a decrease in pay that week.

It balances out

Actually, it doesn't balance out as salaried people are expected to work uncompensated hours and are rarely, if ever, given 36 hour weeks

Forum List

Back