Your opinion: the most accurate rifle

The most accurate rifle I have ever fired is a Savage 111 chambered in 25-06. It was uncanny. And the trigger was the best factory trigger I have ever fired.

Anschutz 1413 Super Match 54 in 22LR. Single shot bolt action rifle that seemed extremely heavy to me. It was my half brother’s competition rifle and had a fantastic Unertl scope mounted on it.
1612389789801.jpeg

There are so many accurate rifles out there that I havent shot I couldnt even begin to tell you.
Especially when you're really reaching out there.
For what I have it'd be my Remington .270 ,I can easily hit at 400 yards.
There are plenty more rifles out there that will do far better but I havent had the opportunity to shoot them.
I really want a .338 Lapua so I can really test my abilities.
Of course that leads to wanting even more gun so you can really reach out.

And there lies the problem....who can afford a .50 BMG?

Last edited:
There are so many accurate rifles out there that I havent shot I couldnt even begin to tell you.
For what I have it'd be my Winchester .270 ,I can easily hit at 400 yards.
There are plenty more rifles out there that will do far better but I havent had the opportunity to shoot them.

In the Marines, I hit a human size silhouette 7 out of 10 scoreable shots at 500 meters, with a standard issue M-16 and open sights.

I'll be honest, I doubt I would be able to see the target at my age now.

In the Marines, I hit a human size silhouette 7 out of 10 scoreable shots at 500 meters, with a standard issue M-16 and open sights.

I here ya.....
When I first bought my EoTech the dot looked like a fuzzy blob but I was still accurate with it to a degree.
Got the fold down 3x's Magnifier and that fuzzy blob became a pinpoint!
It was at that point I realized I really needed glasses.

Steyr SSG PII with double set triggers. With Federal Premium 168 grain it shoots one hole groups at 100 yards.

Any good rifle with modern high velocity rounds is going to be satisfactory with the right shooter and a little practice. A Ruger American in .308/7.62 should suffice at reasonable cost.

....my best score was 247.....I hit 10 out of 10 at the 500 many times....of course some were just barely inside the black.....I fired the A1 and A2
...I think I dropped the 3 points at the 300 line
....what a lot of people don't understand is that the iron sights cover a lot of the target at 500 yards--making aiming that much more difficult
....it ''seems'' to people that it's easy to hit the target--just sight picture--line the sights up--but it takes much discipline
....I also fired the M1911A1 a lot, since my first duty was Marine Barracks...I did better on quick/rapid fire [ I forgot what we called it ] than slow fire because I didn't have time to ''think'' about it

....my best score was 247.....I hit 10 out of 10 at the 500 many times....of course some were just barely inside the black.....I fired the A1 and A2
...I think I dropped the 3 points at the 300 line
....what a lot of people don't understand is that the iron sights cover a lot of the target at 500 yards--making aiming that much more difficult
....it ''seems'' to people that it's easy to hit the target--just sight picture--line the sights up--but it takes much discipline
....I also fired the M1911A1 a lot, since my first duty was Marine Barracks...I did better on quick/rapid fire [ I forgot what we called it ] than slow fire because I didn't have time to ''think'' about it

Great shooting, Semper Fi.

I think we just called it rapid fire. . . from a sitting position, as I recall.

H&R Sportster 17hmr single shot.

I couldn't count the pounds of small game it's put in the freezer.

But the question is...is it intrinsically the most accurate...or I more accurate with it because I have so much experience with it?

I'd say it was super accurate out of the box, and that's why it became my favorite. Then with experience I became more accurate with it.

Shame there will never be another one. They ended production a decade ago.

I dunno; only ever really used the SLR. It was fairly accurate I think but I do know whatever you hit stayed hit.

Greg

Forum List

Back