Your First Business or Job

[
My childhood ended when my dad got killed for nothing in Vietnam and my mother went off the deep end

both of my parents died when I was a teenager. It really doesn't excuse anything.
SO you were lucky My dad was killed when I was 2 and my mother went batshit crazy I've been taking care of myself since I can remember

I have nothing that needs excusing certainly not by a fucktard like you

Pushing one of those old reel type push mowers. Six years old, my brother and I would take turns on small lawns. When the gas mower came I was not allowed to run it but by 7 was babysitting younger cousins.

SO you were lucky My dad was killed when I was 2 and my mother went batshit crazy I've been taking care of myself since I can remember

without discussing family, it strikes me that you are selfish, lack any kind of empathy for other people, (it's okay that we have 33,000 gun deaths because they are suicides and colored people, let the poor starve, etc.) and generally kind of a jerk.

I'm sorry your childhood was unhappy, but frankly, maybe you need to work on that.

No, you don't have to excuse anything to me. But you should probably take a hard look at yourself.

without discussing family, it strikes me that you are selfish, lack any kind of empathy for other people, (it's okay that we have 33,000 gun deaths because they are suicides and colored people, let the poor starve, etc.) and generally kind of a jerk.

I'm sorry your childhood was unhappy, but frankly, maybe you need to work on that.

No, you don't have to excuse anything to me. But you should probably take a hard look at yourself.
Fuck you Joe

You are the most judgmental motherfucker on this board

You have no idea what I am like but suffice it to say I never ask anyone for anything and I expect nothing from anyone unlike you who want to blame everyone else for your fuck ups

I have no right to tell you or anyone else how to live their lives and I mind my own business you think you are entitled to tell other people how they should live

I wonder from what kind pf psychological aberration your megalomania stems

Fuck you Joe

You have no idea what I am like but suffice it to say I never ask anyone for anything and I expect nothing from anyone unlike you who want to blame everyone else for your fuck ups

I have no right to tell you or anyone else how to live their lives and I mind my own business you think you are entitled to tell other people how they should live

I'm totally judgemental. Never said I wasn't.

I get a pretty good idea of what you are like reading your posts, and it's not a pretty sight. You look at someone who has hit some bad luck and say, "Loser". I look at someone who has hit some bad luck and say, "By the grace of God, go I", and if I can help, I do.

But I know I can't help everyone. That's why I want a society that understands its obligations.

This is why I have no fucking use for Libertarians. They want the benefits of living in a social order and want to make none of the contributions, you know, like obeying laws they don't like. Or paying taxes. Or having to fill out a background check before they buy a gun so we can make sure you aren't the kind of psycho who is going to mow down a preschool.

Fuck you Joe

I'm totally judgemental. Never said I wasn't.

I get a pretty good idea of what you are like reading your posts, and it's not a pretty sight. You look at someone who has hit some bad luck and say, "Loser". I look at someone who has hit some bad luck and say, "By the grace of God, go I", and if I can help, I do.

But I know I can't help everyone. That's why I want a society that understands its obligations.

This is why I have no fucking use for Libertarians. They want the benefits of living in a social order and want to make none of the contributions, you know, like obeying laws they don't like. Or paying taxes. Or having to fill out a background check before they buy a gun so we can make sure you aren't the kind of psycho who is going to mow down a preschool.
Not a libertarian

I don't have to pigeon hole the world to understand it like you do

ANd Lanza killed his mother and stole the guns from the house how the fuck would a background check have stopped him

What would have was a simple steel door and a couple of teachers carrying concealed weapona

Not a libertarian

ANd Lanza killed his mother and stole the guns from the house how the fuck would a background check have stopped him

His mother was as crazy as he was. It's why no one counts her as "victim 27". Her solution to a mentally deranged son was to stockpile the house like the Zombie Apocalypse was about to break out. and, yes, a society where you REALLY QUESTION who gets to have a gun, like any other industrialized democracy, you oddly don't have these kinds of incidents.

What would have was a simple steel door and a couple of teachers carrying concealed weapona

We have 300 million guns in this country, and lots of steel doors (Sandy Hook had a security door he was still able to bypass) and that never seems to stop these incidents from happening.

Not a libertarian

His mother was as crazy as he was. It's why no one counts her as "victim 27". Her solution to a mentally deranged son was to stockpile the house like the Zombie Apocalypse was about to break out. and, yes, a society where you REALLY QUESTION who gets to have a gun, like any other industrialized democracy, you oddly don't have these kinds of incidents.

We have 300 million guns in this country, and lots of steel doors (Sandy Hook had a security door he was still able to bypass) and that never seems to stop these incidents from happening.

So a background check wouldn't have stopped him

A security door isn't mostly tempered glass you moron

So a background check wouldn't have stopped him

A security door isn't mostly tempered glass you moron

A background check would have stopped him just fine, if they had investigated his family situation when Mom bought her anti-Zombie Arsenal.

Again, this is how EVERY OTHER COUNTRY does this. They don't have these kinds of incidents. We do.

No it wouldn't have you idiot because he didn't buy the guns and if there was nothing in her record about her being unstable and there wasn't she still would have been cleared

And if you want to live in another country then feel free believe me no one here will miss you

This thread isn't about guns so don't try to hijack it

I started working at a supermarket after my bus gig ended
I started stocking shelves but in a few months got promoted to running the dairy dept I worked 35 hours a week from sophomore to senior year

Employment before 16:

At age 12 I worked at a Trap and Skeet. Sometimes the guys would make the most absurd calls and I would laugh so hard that I would have to yell back, "No bird." Some of the guys would get pissed off because I wouldn't let 'em drink.

Then I worked for a guy buying and selling baseball cards and collectibles. That one was pretty interesting. That required meeting people at odd times in diners because you were working around schedules, working in a shop and going to shows. I have some half dozen autographed pictures of baseball players from the shows and I don't even like baseball. I learned the value of the cards or rather the devaluing of cards. I loved the concept of working because our society places such a high value on it.

I worked for that guy as long as I could but over time he made me very, very uncomfortable. I was pretty damn sure that in the regular adult world your boss didn't ask you to put lotion on his back. Initially I didn't want to quit because there are a hundred things you do but you don't just quit your job. I didn't want to be one of those people. At the same time I really didn't want to be alone with him at any point. I finally broke down and told my dad. Incidentally, he is a Vet.

He drove me up to the shop and I told the man I could not work for him anymore. My father was standing back towards the door so that I could do my thing. It was really important to me to handle this on my own. This guy started talking about how I had read him wrong and I should have told him how I felt. I could feel my dad standing right behind me. He put his hand on my shoulder and said, "Excuse me, Sir, she is unwilling to work for you and given you the reasons why. She's done." We left. I had really asked a lot of my dad and I think at the time he had heard about all the bs he could deal with before he lost it. That's about the time he started teaching me how to inflict damage in a pair of heels.

Fair enough.

My first job was working in a Pizza Place run by Italian Immigrants. These dirtbags realized there was a loophole in the law saying they didn't have to pay minimum wage at that time (the 1970's) because they were a family business. They wondered why they couldn't keep anyone for more than a few months.

Their son had lost his hand in a sausage grinder when he was three, so we used to call the place "Stubbies" and made jokes about fingernails in the pizza.

Fair enough.

My first job was working in a Pizza Place run by Italian Immigrants. These dirtbags realized there was a loophole in the law saying they didn't have to pay minimum wage at that time (the 1970's) because they were a family business. They wondered why they couldn't keep anyone for more than a few months.

Their son had lost his hand in a sausage grinder when he was three, so we used to call the place "Stubbies" and made jokes about fingernails in the pizza.

What pizza place Chicago area? I have a taste for wappagehhtis (spl) in wheeling right now..

First job pre 16

Lemonade stand, delivering newspapers , shoveling snow, cutting grass.

16: part time :Brown's chicken then Arbys.

18:full-time plastic manufacturing plant started off as an operator.

at 12, I was cutting grass, mowing lawns, and babysitting.

first 'on the clock' job was working the counter at an ice cream parlor.
Wow, take out the babysitting and that's my response, exactly. My babysitting was unpaid, four little sisters.

Forum List

Back