Your Final Text Message

Zoom-boing

Platinum Member
Oct 30, 2008
East Japip
A friend sent this to me. It's well worth the 10 minutes it takes to watch this vid. Share it with everyone you know, especially your kids. I watched it with my 14 year old and hopefully planted a seed.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, do we make it illegal to text, talk on the phone, eat, do your makeup, or have an argument while driving? Do we put offenders in prison for reckless endangerment and revoke their license to operate a deadly weapon in the public sphere?

So, do we make it illegal to text, talk on the phone, eat, do your makeup, or have an argument while driving? Do we put offenders in prison for reckless endangerment and revoke their license to operate a deadly weapon in the public sphere?

Don't think I didn't notice the Glaring Omission of "Nose Picking While Driving."

:razz:

Don't think I didn't notice the Glaring Omission of "Nose Picking While Driving."

:razz:

How about we encourage the spread of good advice and keep such politically neutral?

The true liberals in the crowd know that you don't make drinking or texting or nose-picking or applying make-up or whatever and driving illegal - that makes for too many fucking laws - you make killing people with your car under any circumstances illegal.

How 'bout people use common sense and don't text and drive?

Did anyone listen when we were told pot is bad? Don't play music so loud cuz it will ruin your ears in your later years? Rock and roll is evil? Don't share a needle? Don't do drugs? Don't smoke? Don't drink while in college? Don't drive drunk? Don't hang out with "hoods"? Don't have sex before marriage? Use protection?
Nope.
So while the message is a good one, don't hold yer breath it will cause people to immediately stop and say to themselves "gosh. I better not do that". Isn't gonna happen. Waste of breath.

Did anyone listen when we were told pot is bad? Don't play music so loud cuz it will ruin your ears in your later years? Rock and roll is evil? Don't share a needle? Don't do drugs? Don't smoke? Don't drink while in college? Don't drive drunk? Don't hang out with "hoods"? Don't have sex before marriage? Use protection?
Nope.
So while the message is a good one, don't hold yer breath it will cause people to immediately stop and say to themselves "gosh. I better not do that". Isn't gonna happen. Waste of breath.

If it makes one person think twice about texting while driving, if talking about this issue saves one persons life...

It is not a waste of breath.

You're right, of course. But I'm pretty much jaded on telling any teen (or young adult) anything that is obvious. Just like I quit trying to tell family members to NOT drink and drive. Helluvalot of good that did.

Forum List

Back