Your Favorite Things About Israel

dce6c8ad83e57f7149fdc5e589658d96952728f1.png

So when are You guys getting Your Hebrew keyboards? :)

Solque-5pcs-PC-Computer-Hebrew-Keyboard-Stickers-For-Macbook-Air-Pro-13-15-Laptop-Russian-Spanish.jpg_640x640.jpg

Last edited:
My Favorite Things (Sound of Music Hebrew) - Israeli Orthodox Jewish singer Ofir Ben-Shitrit

Reside in this land, and I will be with you and bless you; I will assign all these lands to you and to your heirs, fulfilling the oath that I swore to your father Avraham
Genesis 26:3 (The Israel Bible™)

גּוּר בָּאָרֶץ הַזֹּאת וְאֶהְיֶה עִמְּךָ וַאֲבָרְכֶךָּ כִּי־לְךָ וּלְזַרְעֲךָ אֶתֵּן אֶת־כָּל־הָאֲרָצֹת הָאֵל וַהֲקִמֹתִי אֶת־הַשְּׁבֻעָה אֲשֶׁר נִשְׁבַּעְתִּי לְאַבְרָהָם אָבִיךָ
Hear the verse in Hebrew

GUR ba-A-retz ha-ZOT v’-eh-YEH i-m’-KHA va-a-va-r’-KHE-ka kee l’-KHA ul-zar-a-KHA e-TAYN et kol ha-a-ra-TZOT ha-AYL va-ha-ki-mo-TEE et ha-sh’-vu-AH a-SHER nish-BA-tee l’-av-ra-HAM a-VEE-kha

The Spiritual Height of the Land of Israel

Yitzchak (Isaac) is warned that despite the famine in the Land of Israel, he is not to escape to Egypt. Though Avraham (Abraham) went down to Egypt when there was a plague in Israel, and Yaakov (Jacob) likewise descended to Egypt towards the end of his life, Hashem (God) instructed Yitzchak to never leave the Land of Israel. Due to the unique spiritual status he acquired after being offered on the altar, Yitzchak was the only one of the three forefathers to never step foot outside of the Holy Land.

Today is Wednesday, Iyar 17, 5778 · May 2, 2018
Omer: Day 32 - Netzach sheb'Hod

Today's Laws & Customs

• Count "Thirty-Three Days to the Omer" Tonight
Tomorrow is the thirty-third day of the Omer Count. Since, on the Jewish calendar, the day begins at nightfall of the previous evening, we count the omer for tomorrow's date tonight, after nightfall: "Today is thirty-three days, which are four weeks and five days, to the Omer." (If you miss the count tonight, you can count the omer all day tomorrow, but without the preceding blessing).

The 49-day "Counting of the Omer" retraces our ancestors' seven-week spiritual journey from the Exodus to Sinai. Each evening we recite a special blessing and count the days and weeks that have passed since the Omer; the 50th day isShavuot, the festival celebrating the Giving of the Torah at Sinai.

Forum List

Back