Your Favorite Things About Israel

3a71ce6f9d0a66c1b411af7f6efc08b7a6f3ad2b.png

No woman in your land shall miscarry or be barren. I will let you enjoy the full count of your days
Exodus 23:26 (The Israel Bible™)

לֹא תִהְיֶה מְשַׁכֵּלָה וַעֲקָרָה בְּאַרְצֶךָ אֶת־מִסְפַּר יָמֶיךָ אֲמַלֵּא
Hear the verse in Hebrew

LO te-HEE-yeh me-SHEE-ku-lah ve-a-ka-RAH be'ar-TZE-kha et mees-PAR ya-MAY-kha
a-ma-LEH

Israel's Prophetic Population Boom
Several times in the Torah (Bible), Hashem (God) enumerates the blessings that will be showered upon the Children of Israel based on their observance of their covenant with Him. One of the blessings which Hashem emphasizes is fertility in both land and man. Last week, Israel celebrated its 70th birthday as a modern state. On the eve of this birthday, the population of Israel was 8,842,000 which is more than ten times the population of Israel in 1948, when the state was established! This amazing figure is just one example of the blessings of Hashem raining down onto the Land and the People of Israel.

And you shall share the rest equally. As I swore to give it to your fathers, so shall this land fall to you as your heritage
Ezekiel 47:14 (The Israel Bible™)

וּנְחַלְתֶּם אוֹתָהּ אִישׁ כְּאָחִיו אֲשֶׁר נָשָׂאתִי אֶת־יָדִי לְתִתָּהּ לַאֲבֹתֵיכֶם וְנָפְלָה הָאָרֶץ הַזֹּאת לָכֶם בְּנַחֲלָה
Hear the verse in Hebrew

un-khal-TEM o-TAH EESH k’-a-KHEEV a-SHER na-SA-tee et ya-DEE l’-ti-TAH la-a-vo-tay-KHEM v’-NA-f’-LAH ha-A-retz ha-ZOT la-KHEM b’-na-kha-LAH

Why is Israel Compared to a Stream?
In Biblical Hebrew, the word for "inheritance" is nachalah (נחלה). The root of this word, nakhal (נחל), also means "a flowing stream," as in Deuteronomy (8:7), “A land with streams and springs and fountains.” These two ideas are connected: Just like a stream of water flows downward, so too, the inheritance of a precious legacy passes from one generation to the next. Such is the connection between the Children of Israel and the Land of Israel, which is their inheritance, given to Avraham (Abraham) and passed down to Yitzchak(Isaac) and to all subsequent generations.

Forum List

Back