Your Favorite Foreign Films?

ScorpioRising007

Platinum Member
Oct 26, 2015
What are some of your favorite foreign films?

I always liked "M" -1932. A German movie about a child murderer. It stars one of my all time favorite actors Peter Lorre.

I also really liked "The Seventh Seal" - 1957. A Sweedish film. I always enjoyed in the film the chess game played with Death.

LAventura directed by Michaelangelo Antonioni starring Monica Vitti and the delectable Marcello Mastroianni.

Everything from Fellini films to the original Godzilla movie I can't choose just one. My taste in most things covers a wide area.

What are some of your favorite foreign films?

I always liked "M" -1932. A German movie about a child murderer. It stars one of my all time favorite actors Peter Lorre.

I also really liked "The Seventh Seal" - 1957. A Sweedish film. I always enjoyed in the film the chess game played with Death.

I know I've seen both of these, but its been so long, I don't remember anything about them.
I know Peter Lorre was popular, but he never was celebrated for the multi-faceted actor he was.
Personally, I thought the man had excellent comedy timing and styling, even though his drama was absolute.

Any non Hollywood movie, if it comes to historical correctness and accuracy - otherwise Hollywood is still the champ.

The two Part, Wandering Earth produced by China is a great story and movie too. And off course any movie done by Kurosawa Akira.

I liked the Monty Python movies, and a couple of the Sergio Leone westerns with Clint Eastwood and Eli Wallach.

Hell I don't even know where to start really.

The cook the thief the wife and her lover.

Godzilla movies.

Tetsuo iron man.

The holy mountain.

House (from 1977)

Kurenko.

Seven samurai.

Kwaidan.

Onibaba.

M

8 1/2

Tompopo

The tenant

Suspiria

Demons

Hard to say, most foriegn movies are not Hellyweed garbage, so they are all usually excellent in one form or another.

I think my pick though, will have to be The Passion of Joan of Arc.
A silent movie from 1928. And an AWESOME silent movie.

the scene where Jeanne is sitting in the dungeon waiting to be burned alive and the light from the barred window makes a cross on the wall (a sign from God to comfort her) is truly powerful.

Im not religious, but it’s hands down the most powerful Christian moment in history of cinema. Nothing in The Passion of Christ movie even comes close.

I feel sorry for people who can’t get past the “ew, silent movie” or “ew, French” or “ew, black and white” factor and can’t enjoy movies like this.

Forum List

Back