Your Dream Car...

I prefer a more luxury type vehicle to a sporty one. I don't need to go 100 MPH. I just want a nice comfy and reliable ride. :D There are a few different cars that I've liked, but I'm not sure what kind of cars they were.

I prefer a more luxury type vehicle to a sporty one. I don't need to go 100 MPH. I just want a nice comfy and reliable ride. :D There are a few different cars that I've liked, but I'm not sure what kind of cars they were.

Why not go with an Acura or Lexus?
They have the best of both worlds. It's nice to have a vehicle that has the handling capabilities to rescue yourself from a skid and is more forgiving if you make a mistake yet is every bit as comfortable as a Caddy.

They have the best of both worlds. It's nice to have a vehicle that has the handling capabilities to rescue yourself from a skid and is more forgiving if you make a mistake yet is every bit as comfortable as a Caddy.

I used to have an Infiniti Q45 that was really nice. Unfortunately, it was kind of old to begin with and as it got older, parts were just costing me too much. I have a nice little reliable Chevy Impala. Not the most luxurious car, but I've paid it off and I still have it and it still runs well, so that is good enough for me! :D It gets me to where I need to go and it's not a shitbox!

You know what? I still think there is a conspiracy and that they CAN make a car that is pretty much free of breakdowns, but they CHOOSE not to because it would put people and car companies out of business or at least cut down on their profit margin a lot. Imagine if you had a car that lasted for 50 years?

Did you know that is exactly what happened with the original light bulb. Originally, light bulbs lasted a really LONG time, but it was hurting businesses, so the business owners got together and made it so that light bulbs had to replaced every 1000 hours or so. One such original light bulb is STILL burning bright after 150 years! :ack-1:

I used to have an Infiniti Q45 that was really nice. Unfortunately, it was kind of old to begin with and as it got older, parts were just costing me too much. I have a nice little reliable Chevy Impala. Not the most luxurious car, but I've paid it off and I still have it and it still runs well, so that is good enough for me! :D It gets me to where I need to go and it's not a shitbox!

Not a bad car by any means.
Personally I care about towing capabilities and all out HP and Torque.
While it ain't a Caddy it's very comfortable and road worthy.
upload_2018-1-25_23-8-3.png

View attachment 173485

It's an average car. If I was going to have a dream car, it would have to have a soft top convertible roof. That would be at least one specification! :D I have a sun roof in my car now and I don't think I would have a car without at least a sun roof, but a convertible would be even better!

Nice truck! My ex used to like big huge trucks. I could barely get in the thing it was so big! :lol: I could have used a step ladder!

You know what? I still think there is a conspiracy and that they CAN make a car that is pretty much free of breakdowns, but they CHOOSE not to because it would put people and car companies out of business or at least cut down on their profit margin a lot. Imagine if you had a car that lasted for 50 years?

Did you know that is exactly what happened with the original light bulb. Originally, light bulbs lasted a really LONG time, but it was hurting businesses, so the business owners got together and made it so that light bulbs had to replaced every 1000 hours or so. One such original light bulb is STILL burning bright after 150 years! :ack-1:

The wife's 2000 Toyota 4Runner that she refuses to get rid of has 293'000 miles and we've spent less than $4'000 on unscheduled maintenance in it's life time.

Let that sink in.
We buy nothing but Toyotas.

The wife's 2000 Toyota 4Runner that she refuses to get rid of has 293'000 miles and we've spent less than $4'000 on unscheduled maintenance in it's life time.

Let that sink in.

I had a Toyota Corolla once. I was driving it for I don't know how long with a bone dry oil tank. I checked it because it was ticking, and I was like Oops! That thing started up every day no matter what! :lol: I called it the Toy Motor.

View attachment 173485

It's an average car. If I was going to have a dream car, it would have to have a soft top convertible roof. That would be at least one specification! :D I have a sun roof in my car now and I don't think I would have a car without at least a sun roof, but a convertible would be even better!

Nice truck! My ex used to like big huge trucks. I could barely get in the thing it was so big! :lol: I could have used a step ladder!

If I didnt fear the reliability of Jeep products I'd have a Rubicon four door in a heartbeat.
In fact the wife and I are considering it as the replacement for the 4Runner but only as a final frivolous vehicle before we go full retired.
Talk about your convertible!!! And it can take you places you'll never see in a car,which of course is great for us oldsters.
upload_2018-1-25_23-28-45.png

upload_2018-1-25_23-30-38.png

View attachment 173485

If I didnt fear the reliability of Jeep products I'd have a Rubicon four door in a heartbeat.
In fact the wife and I are considering it as the replacement for the 4Runner but only as a final frivolous vehicle before we go full retired.
Talk about your convertible!!! And it can take you places you'll never see in a car,which of course is great for us oldsters.
View attachment 173486

View attachment 173487

My ex also had a Ford Bronco that he used for 4 wheeling, which was a really old thing and like a giant Jeep, or the top came off in the back anyways.

View attachment 173485

View attachment 173486

View attachment 173487

My ex also had a Ford Bronco that he used for 4 wheeling, which was a really old thing and like a giant Jeep, or the top came off in the back anyways.

LOL ....thats the old Bronco for sure.
Was very popular in my youth!!

Yeah...I've heard you better have deep pockets to own one.
It doesn't seem to faze the girls Daddies around here,they're everywhere.
My sister works for a company that sells after market bumper to bumper car warranties. It's a warranty that a car owner can buy to cover vehicle repairs once their new car factory warranty has expired.

She told me the Mini Cooper has a huge number of warranty claims compared to other cars. ..... :cool:

Thank you Sunni

I would not buy a Mini Cooper now

I mentioned it only for the nostalgic value ....you know....Mod Britain 1960s.,,,it was so famous then...so retro now...

But I know what you mean ... so no Cooper for me.:(

You can buy what ever you want, really no bad cars , just bad owners .
Stupid statement.

Yeah...I've heard you better have deep pockets to own one.
It doesn't seem to faze the girls Daddies around here,they're everywhere.
My sister works for a company that sells after market bumper to bumper car warranties. It's a warranty that a car owner can buy to cover vehicle repairs once their new car factory warranty has expired.

She told me the Mini Cooper has a huge number of warranty claims compared to other cars. ..... :cool:

Thank you Sunni

I would not buy a Mini Cooper now

I mentioned it only for the nostalgic value ....you know....Mod Britain 1960s.,,,it was so famous then...so retro now...

But I know what you mean ... so no Cooper for me.:(

You can buy what ever you want, really no bad cars , just bad owners .
Stupid statement.

Nope..as a industrial maintenance guy by trade i say the same thing about machinery.

You abuse the hell out of it, well the problem is you.

Let that sink in.

Meh. I sold my F-350 with 366,000 miles. Only major work was a front end job (kingpins, mostly) at ~200K and two clutches. Original A/C compressor, PS pump, turbocharger, transmission, alternator, master cylinder, booster, vacuum pump, and U-joints when sold.

My friend has an F-250 that has about 300K on it...his father's E350 has over 500K. It got wrecked (hit by a Tundra, in fact), but his wife sadly retired her well-worn (ex-police, ex-livery) Crown Victoria with 416,000 miles.

Forum List

Back