Your Dream Car...

Yeah...I've heard you better have deep pockets to own one.
It doesn't seem to faze the girls Daddies around here,they're everywhere.
My sister works for a company that sells after market bumper to bumper car warranties. It's a warranty that a car owner can buy to cover vehicle repairs once their new car factory warranty has expired.

She told me the Mini Cooper has a huge number of warranty claims compared to other cars. ..... :cool:

Thank you Sunni

I would not buy a Mini Cooper now

I mentioned it only for the nostalgic value ....you know....Mod Britain 1960s.,,,it was so famous then...so retro now...

But I know what you mean ... so no Cooper for me.:(

You can buy what ever you want, really no bad cars , just bad owners .
Stupid statement.

Nope..as a industrial maintenance guy by trade i say the same thing about machinery.

You abuse the hell out of it, well the problem is you.
Describe, in detail, EXACTLY how major electrical problems from the time a car has fifty miles on it is caused by the owner. Be specific.

You know what? I still think there is a conspiracy and that they CAN make a car that is pretty much free of breakdowns, but they CHOOSE not to because it would put people and car companies out of business or at least cut down on their profit margin a lot. Imagine if you had a car that lasted for 50 years?

Did you know that is exactly what happened with the original light bulb. Originally, light bulbs lasted a really LONG time, but it was hurting businesses, so the business owners got together and made it so that light bulbs had to replaced every 1000 hours or so. One such original light bulb is STILL burning bright after 150 years! :ack-1:

The wife's 2000 Toyota 4Runner that she refuses to get rid of has 293'000 miles and we've spent less than $4'000 on unscheduled maintenance in it's life time.

Let that sink in.
We buy nothing but Toyotas.

Meh. I sold my F-350 with 366,000 miles. Only major work was a front end job (kingpins, mostly) at ~200K and two clutches. Original A/C compressor, PS pump, turbocharger, transmission, alternator, master cylinder, booster, vacuum pump, and U-joints when sold.

My friend has an F-250 that has about 300K on it...his father's E350 has over 500K. It got wrecked (hit by a Tundra, in fact), but his wife sadly retired her well-worn (ex-police, ex-livery) Crown Victoria with 416,000 miles.

Toyota still builds the most reliable vehicles out there.

Car Brands Reliability: How They Stack Up

The 8 most reliable car brands in America, according to Consumer Reports

Which I have no interest in. The only Toyota that interested me was the Tacoma...but now, even that is a high, garish, bloated cartoon-truck at a premium price.

Which I have no interest in. The only Toyota that interested me was the Tacoma...but now, even that is a high, garish, bloated cartoon-truck at a premium price.

My first Tacoma was a 98 extended cab(old body style) four wheel drive standard with the 3.4 and a factory blower.
It produced 300 hp with the other mods I made and I wish to hell I'd never traded it in.

As far as the new Tacomas go I hate the upsize. They were the perfect trail rider before that.
If I had my way they'd import the Hilux Diesel with the solid front axle.

But the current Toyotas still have the fantastic drivetrain they're known for.

If I had the money to waste...
The new 840hp Dodge Demon SRT...
View attachment 162737
90K a bit out of my affordability.

I actually drive my dream ride. Grand Cherokee 5.7 Hemi with tow package and full 4X4 capability.
Tows my toys and love the ride and power.
Mmm, Dodge Demon. Finally someone with some taste in this thread. Fastest factory quarter mile car on earth!

Pagani Huayra

Pagani-Huayra-2011-16.jpg
Greatest car EVER made! Easilly my favorite car. I'll take the Huayra BC version though.

TxTlw3X.jpg

Forum List

Back