~Your Cell Phone~

T-Moble My Touch 4G phone by HTC

I do not have Internet at my house.

I use my phone as a hotspot for my laptop in my house.

Plus my phone also has Internet on it as part of the package.

This phone is so good that I can be on the Internet while talking to someone on the phone and texting someone else.

I have an LG Optimus V (V for Virgin Mobil, runs on the Sprint network), it's tethered via Quick Settings. I pay $25 per month for 300 minutes talk time with unlimited texting/messaging and internet.

You know their prices are going up on July 20, right? This is from their Facebook page:

Our new plan structure will be as follows beginning July 20th, 2011:

$35 for unlimited messaging/data and 300 anytime minutes
$45 for unlimited messaging/data and 1200 anytime minutes
$55 for unlimited messaging/data and unlimited anytime minutes

As of July 20th, 2011, existing Virgin Mobile customers will be grandfathered into the $25, $40 and $60 Beyond Talk plans. Grandfathered customers can keep these plans as long as they don’t change plans or let their accounts expire. They can even upgrade to new Android-powered devices without incurring additional costs.

Here’s some more good news:

Under our new plans BlackBerry customers will have no additional monthly cost! Current BlackBerry customers on the $50 and $70 plans can change over to the new $45 and $55 plans to get the same service for less money. New BlackBerry customers will now utilize the same plans as all other Beyond Talk Virgin Mobile customers.

https://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=114300980526&topic=16428

I got VM 7 years ago for work and I"m still on their Minute-to-Minute plan. From the above info I think that's going to change but I'm not sure. Which sucks for me.I spend around $100 - $150 year and that's more than enough but if they change it to $25/month my bill triples. :mad: I only use it for emergencies or texting the college kid. I let my youngest borrow it (trying to get her to come home on time) and told her 'a few phone calls or texts is fine but that's it'. The little shit . . . texted $60 worth in a few days but deleted them off the phone so I wouldn't know. Yeah, right. She handed over her remaining $49 birthday cash to pay for that.

I wanted a phone w/a qwerty keyboard for easier texting and bought the LG Rumor (not the touch) for $20 off of a woman selling it on craigslist. I like the phone ok for texting but . . the damn font is smaller than my old Kyocera. Of course, the red back-lit numbers on the Kyocera were too blurry for me to see. Oh why don't I just put the damn reading glasses on when I use it! lol

I hate my fucking cell phone and leave the god awful thing turned off as much as possible.

Yep I pay for a phone for my convenience, not for everyone elses.

Damn teabaggers started sending me text messages. NOt sure how they got hold of my number. It is on the do not call list, perhaps politicians get that becuase they are exempt.
Bastards!'

Wait until you need a new phone with its mandatory chip that will allow messages from the president

T-Moble My Touch 4G phone by HTC

I do not have Internet at my house.

I use my phone as a hotspot for my laptop in my house.

Plus my phone also has Internet on it as part of the package.

This phone is so good that I can be on the Internet while talking to someone on the phone and texting someone else.

I have an LG Optimus V (V for Virgin Mobil, runs on the Sprint network), it's tethered via Quick Settings. I pay $25 per month for 300 minutes talk time with unlimited texting/messaging and internet.

You know their prices are going up on July 20, right? This is from their Facebook page:

Our new plan structure will be as follows beginning July 20th, 2011:

$35 for unlimited messaging/data and 300 anytime minutes
$45 for unlimited messaging/data and 1200 anytime minutes
$55 for unlimited messaging/data and unlimited anytime minutes

As of July 20th, 2011, existing Virgin Mobile customers will be grandfathered into the $25, $40 and $60 Beyond Talk plans. Grandfathered customers can keep these plans as long as they don’t change plans or let their accounts expire. They can even upgrade to new Android-powered devices without incurring additional costs.

Here’s some more good news:

Under our new plans BlackBerry customers will have no additional monthly cost! Current BlackBerry customers on the $50 and $70 plans can change over to the new $45 and $55 plans to get the same service for less money. New BlackBerry customers will now utilize the same plans as all other Beyond Talk Virgin Mobile customers.

https://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=114300980526&topic=16428

I got VM 7 years ago for work and I"m still on their Minute-to-Minute plan. From the above info I think that's going to change but I'm not sure. Which sucks for me.I spend around $100 - $150 year and that's more than enough but if they change it to $25/month my bill triples. :mad: I only use it for emergencies or texting the college kid. I let my youngest borrow it (trying to get her to come home on time) and told her 'a few phone calls or texts is fine but that's it'. The little shit . . . texted $60 worth in a few days but deleted them off the phone so I wouldn't know. Yeah, right. She handed over her remaining $49 birthday cash to pay for that.

I wanted a phone w/a qwerty keyboard for easier texting and bought the LG Rumor (not the touch) for $20 off of a woman selling it on craigslist. I like the phone ok for texting but . . the damn font is smaller than my old Kyocera. Of course, the red back-lit numbers on the Kyocera were too blurry for me to see. Oh why don't I just put the damn reading glasses on when I use it! lol

Thanks for the info. I'm grandfathered, I talk less than 300 minutes per month and I don't text or IM. My wife has a standard phone she has for emergencies only so it's minute to minute. The only reason I bought the Optimus was to use it to tether my laptop.
If I ever decide to do more with what's available I'll go with a tablet and use Skype to make calls unless the American phone companies relent and allow tablets to become phones also like in Europe. Ya definitely have to use a bluetooth device to talk.

I have an Iphone 3 because I am a total sucker for Apple products

I'm a Sprint customer, so I've been thinking about the iPhone since it was announced that Sprint was going to get it. As much as I've always loved Apple products (every computer I've ever owned was an Apple, starting with the Apple II), I think that Android is a better phone OS, and there's no 4G iPhone yet, so I'm leaning towards getting an HTC smartphone. (My current phone is a piece of shit Palm smartphone that I hate).

Most people have one, if you don't, I reckon this thread wouldn't interest you~
But, I'm curious, what cell phone do you have??
NO, I'm not asking for your number or even your provider, which cell phone do you use??
I got a Droid2 and it's pissing me off....I am having some difficulty dealing with the touch screen, and you barely touch it, and it goes whizzing by ~LoL~
I have to get used to it....I have been using a flip open phone, which I was quite happy with, but my son thinks I have to be up to date with technology *haha*
So, anyone else have the Droid2??
If so, care to give pointers??
I wish I had went with the Blackberry now....but oh well.....

I now have a Droid 3, I had a Droid 2 before which has now been demoted to "Stalker phone" (which stays in my company van with GPS tracking software running so I can stalk my drivers, lol). I love the Android platform, but it does take some getting used to. :)

Good luck, if there's something specific you need help with lemme know but it seems as though you're just in the process of getting the hang of it... And it is a learning curve to be sure.

Upon further review, this thread is old as fuck. :lol:

Hopefully you've gotten the hang of it by now Dabbers!

I still had my first cell phone from 1996 banging around. The disdain my kids gave it when I dug it out and showed it to them before it got recycled. Thing was a foot long.

I still had my first cell phone from 1996 banging around. The disdain my kids gave it when I dug it out and showed it to them before it got recycled. Thing was a foot long.

You should have saved it. It will be an expensive antique some day. I bought an HP-15C hand calculator for $30 in 1981 in school. Still use it. Now they sell for about $400 on ebay. I wish I had bought 10 of them.

Upon further review, this thread is old as fuck. :lol:

Hopefully you've gotten the hang of it by now Dabbers!

~LoL~
I have!
Doing quite well with it actually.....I mostly use the touchscreen now, I forget I even have a keypad~
I love it :)

I have Dragon "speech to text"on my phone.

I always hated pushing the buttons to spell out my text because it always took so long.

Now I just talk and the Dragon software converts it to text. :cool:

That is awesome, but how accurate is it? I had some type of service similar but choose to not use it because it was far from accurate and I would end up with the most interesting texts... :eusa_hand: The individual phone also has adjustments accordingly, or mine does, I'm just not sure about them because the whole purpose of using the texting was to NOT talk... at that moment.

Most people have one, if you don't, I reckon this thread wouldn't interest you~
But, I'm curious, what cell phone do you have??
NO, I'm not asking for your number or even your provider, which cell phone do you use??
I got a Droid2 and it's pissing me off....I am having some difficulty dealing with the touch screen, and you barely touch it, and it goes whizzing by ~LoL~
I have to get used to it....I have been using a flip open phone, which I was quite happy with, but my son thinks I have to be up to date with technology *haha*
So, anyone else have the Droid2??
If so, care to give pointers??
I wish I had went with the Blackberry now....but oh well.....

I hated my blackberry with the intensity of a thousand stars.

I love my iPhone. Just got the 4S.

my son has the droid3 and loves it. i think you need a kid to teach you how to work those types of phones. (hence my loving the user friendly apple products).

Gorsh, I miss my bb... it was perfect for me. :D The droid I have is super nice and does a lot, but my black berry did everything I needed it to and I came to know how to work with it... the droid... well... it is more for technologically enhanced people and I'm not so much yet.

Gorsh, I miss my bb... it was perfect for me. :D The droid I have is super nice and does a lot, but my black berry did everything I needed it to and I came to know how to work with it... the droid... well... it is more for technologically enhanced people and I'm not so much yet.

I hear good and bad about both Blackberry and Droid~
When I first went to Verizon, I was for sure going to get a Blackberry, but my son talked me into the Droid...he had one at the time.
The touchscreen was my hardest hurdle, but once I got used to that, it's been a piece of cake since. And I have internet too, so I have it all wherever I go!
I love adding my APPS, love searching..........it's pretty damn neat what technology lets us do :lol:
My son has a Commando now...he needed a phone that could be dropped, banged, thrown against the wall or dropped into a huge tub of water without damaging the phone...because of his job :)
I think that particular phone (Commando) looks manly, so it's not one I would want.

Forum List

Back