~Your Cell Phone~

*lola* commando... :eusa_whistle: I sooo need to be a bit more exposed to technological terminology. What little I have come to know makes too much sense... even after my bb curve. :tongue:

I admire those who work with the newest and most advanced things available, but I would hope that it is forever mindful of the pushers of such that those things are only meant to be aides to what man is already capable of. Machines were not ever meant to lead men, rather to teach man better about man, himself. The mechanisms of machinery, the workings of computers, are likened to the (however limited) human body and brain...

Alienation? We are slowly becoming more like such... The leading technologically advanced country right now is... :confused: WHO ? It isn't ever the one seemingly most obvious.

Cell phones are so much likened to telepathy and the like... it amazes me how little we know.

Last edited:
my son has the droid3 and loves it. i think you need a kid to teach you how to work those types of phones. (hence my loving the user friendly apple products).[/

Steve Jobs' genius was recognizing people are idiots.

my son has the droid3 and loves it. i think you need a kid to teach you how to work those types of phones. (hence my loving the user friendly apple products).[/

Um, well... hey now... perhaps he was merely more successful at helping people potentially identify the parts of their psyche that needs the most adjustments... :eusa_whistle: :tongue:

Most people have one, if you don't, I reckon this thread wouldn't interest you~
But, I'm curious, what cell phone do you have??
NO, I'm not asking for your number or even your provider, which cell phone do you use??
I got a Droid2 and it's pissing me off....I am having some difficulty dealing with the touch screen, and you barely touch it, and it goes whizzing by ~LoL~
I have to get used to it....I have been using a flip open phone, which I was quite happy with, but my son thinks I have to be up to date with technology *haha*
So, anyone else have the Droid2??
If so, care to give pointers??
I wish I had went with the Blackberry now....but oh well.....

I had an AT&T flip phone I got in 2001. Did not even have a camera. It died and I up graded to an AT&T bar phone with a camera. No touch screen BS for me.

I haven't heard anything.
Verizon is number one anyways.......so I don't give a hootie patootie about the others :lol:
I'd still like to hear from someone who knows about the merger or no merger of T-Mobile and AT&T.

It is dead in the water.
I asked at a T-Mobile booth again today, and they won't comment. Radio Shack has stopped selling T-Mobile.
I like T-Mobile ... but will leave if AT&T takes over.

I really, really like sprint, it isn't verizon, but it's top notch for me... I have very few issues.

I wouldn't go quite that far. Lol. But it was partially in acknowledging that most of us aren't techies. He made technology accessible to normal people and turned computers into must-have , high-priced toys.

On a side note, if you tell your iPhone 4s you love it (with SIRI on, of course), it says things like "I hope you don't say that to the other mobile phones, Jill".

That may not be much in terms of usefulness, but it's huge fun in terms of toy-ness.

LG Lotus Elite. Not bad, but not a smart phone. Sprint sucks. The coverage is awful, but they had a corporate discount. $64 for everything and 450 minutes.

So, anyone else have the Droid2??
Google "android forums", there's plenty of info out there and I'm sure someone else has had the same problems you have and has posted the fixes and work arounds.

I have the Samsung Intercept with 2.2 operating system on it. My only complaint is it can't play flash videos or stream video. But at 25 bucks for unlimited internet and 700 minutes of talk through Virgin Mobile, I can't really complain.

I would up grade but the one I want is $300 and I'm not paying that much for a phone!

Just bought a basic phone, a VX1 made by Bluechip which only cost 9.99 gbp with 10.00 PAYG credit pre installed. I would never buy a fancy phone since I do not need one, if I want to take a photograph I would use a proper camera, if I want the internet I would use a proper computer and not waste money on a do-it-all gadget that does nothing very well.

I used to have an iphone, and i loved it to death. Then one month I realized that paying the bill (two Iphones) was almost as much as my car payment, and I realized something was terribly wrong with this picture. So I switched to metro pcs, with some cheap generic phone. Now I have less dropped calls and while I miss the internet on my phone, the savings of about $100 a month make me miss it a lot less.

I used to have an iphone, and i loved it to death. Then one month I realized that paying the bill (two Iphones) was almost as much as my car payment, and I realized something was terribly wrong with this picture. So I switched to metro pcs, with some cheap generic phone. Now I have less dropped calls and while I miss the internet on my phone, the savings of about $100 a month make me miss it a lot less.
Good for you. I've heard from iPhone [AT&T] users that they have loads of dropped calls.

Good for you. I've heard from iPhone [AT&T] users that they have loads of dropped calls.

They do indeed, I used to think that it was all companies and that half the dropped calls were the other peoples fault. After the switch and no more dropped calls I realized they were all my fault. I have yet to have a dropped call in the year that I have been with Metro PCS, but their range is limited to urban, suburban areas, and immediately outside of those areas, so it wont work for everyone. But I almost never leave populated areas so it works for me.

BlackBerry.

Would.

Not.

Swap.

It.

Ever.

Interesting. A week or so ago, on another thread in the Computer forum, I was asking for advice as to which high def TV I should get. Your contribution to that thread was:

Since you're a liberal, I assume you will research companies and find one that builds their products in the US? Or at least somewhere where they have decent safety standards and child labor laws? Or are you just interested in the 'best' or the 'cheapest'. Are you gonna put your money where your mouth is or what?

Any idea where the Blackberry is manufactured?

Parts made in China and then assembled, tested and released from Canada.

http://www.oppapers.com/essays/Research-In-Motion/699072

The regions supported in the Americas are Canada, the United States of America (USA) and South America. RIM Global Headquarters are located in Waterloo, Canada. Our Waterloo location is our largest employee population and includes a large campus, a state-of-the-art testing lab and the manufacturing facility where RIM products are manufactured and assembled.

http://www.rim.com/careers/search/americas/index.shtml

careers_americas_opportunities.jpg

https://rim.taleo.net/careersection/americas/jobsearch.ftl?lang=en&location=4101430233

Last edited:

Forum List

Back