Young Women's Pay Exceeds Male Peers'

Discussion in 'Education' started by rdean, Sep 4, 2010.

1. rdean

rdean rddean

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,883
    The earning power of young single women has surpassed that of their male peers in metropolitan areas around the U.S., a shift that is being driven by the growing ranks of women who attend college and move on to high-earning jobs.

In 2008, single, childless women between ages 22 and 30 were earning more than their male counterparts in most U.S. cities, with incomes that were 8% greater on average, according to an analysis of Census Bureau data

Between 2006 and 2008, 32.7% of women between 25 and 34 had a bachelor's degree or higher, compared with 25.8% of men, according to the Census.

Young, Single Women Earn More Than Male Peers - WSJ.com

Study: Young, Single, Childless Women Earn More Than Men - TIME

[​IMG]

This is what happens when you delegitimize education. I suspect women are less likely to be swayed by peer pressure against higher education.

In terms of politics, you it will probably be more likely that these women will become liberal and democrat while these men will stick with conservative and the Republican party. Statistics have shown that people with education tend to lean liberal and Democrat.

The ramifications are that fewer women will marry before having children. Fewer children. More dissatisfied young men. More divorce.

The final outcome is that more right wing men will eventually see that education is a "good thing". This will deplete the Republican Party, making them even more desperate and marginalized or will bring much needed intellectualism to a political party that has passed from center right into far right extremism.

2. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    It is something that will never affect you, rdrool. Intelligence and you are on different planets.

3. Toro

Toro Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25,030
    Dude, you're being ridiculous.

This has nothing to do with politics and education being "delegitimized" anything other than normal social peer pressure.

Girls, in general, value education more than boys. Doing well in school isn't cool for boys. So more boys fall out of the system.

Its good though because it shows the market at work, and there is no need for these dumb "equal pay for equal work" laws.

4. rdean

rdean rddean

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,883
    No one ever accused you of being a good judge of anything. Don't you have ironing or some dishes that need to be washed?

5. rdean

rdean rddean

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,883
    Strange. First you say it has nothing to do with education being "delegitimized". Then you say, "Doing well in school isn't cool for boys." Do you see the incongruity in those two statements?

6. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    Ahhhh, the fall back position of the intellectually challenged.... personal insults. I thought you lefties were above all that 'sexism, racism' shit? I guess not, huh? When it comes to arguing with the right, any weapon is better than admitting you are intellectually unarmed. Must suck to be you.

7. rdean

rdean rddean

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,883
    "It is something that will never affect you, rdrool. Intelligence and you are on different planets."

Ahhhh, the fall back position of the intellectually challenged.....personal insults.

I couldn't have described you better myself. Thanks!

8. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    Ahhhhh, the old "I have no come back so I'll go with 'I know you are but what am I?". You're too easy to be called sport. You're not even target practice.

9. rdean

rdean rddean

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,883
    I made no come back. I just repeated your words.

10. chanel

chanel Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,749
    When I was in grad sdhool, an important report was issued called "How Schools are Shortchanging the Girls" Because of this, teachers began focusing on the gender gap, and since then, more females are now graduating from college and getting advanced degrees. Now educators are saying "but what about the boys?" There are other cultural factors as well, but I do believe education is the key.