You Repuplicans Counting On Filibuster

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Orange_Juice, Nov 12, 2008.

1. Orange_Juice

Orange_Juice Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Who's Afraid of a Filibuster? | The New York Observer

Forget about it....or...make my day!

2. Kevin_Kennedy

Kevin_Kennedy Defend Liberty

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,015
    I'll personally be voting for whoever opposes Voinovich. He sold us all out by unconstitutionally voting for the bailouts.

3. elvis

elvis BANNED Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,303
    Obama has been sucking pretty hard on Liebermann. I wonder if it will continue if the dems do indeed get their 60.

4. Toro

Toro Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25,008
    We'll see in two years. A month is an eternity in politics. I wouldn't count the chickens before they hatch.

5. RetiredGySgt

RetiredGySgt Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,920
    Yup, if the dems do all the things thay have said they were gonna do and Obama carries through with his Promises I suspect in 2 years the Dems will be looking for new jobs.

6. Silence

Silence wanna lick?

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +457
    I doubt it considering Obama won the majority by 6%. I think people WANT him to keep his promises, otherwise why did they vote for him?

As for the Repubs, there probably won't be such an anti-Repub attitude in 2010, unless of course they continue to block things from getting done.

7. Dis

Dis Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Once you take out the people that voted for him specifically because he was black (and don't even try saying there weren't any), and the people that vote Democrat straight ticket, even though they have NO idea what they're voting for, what do you really have left?

8. bk1983

bk1983 Off too Kuwait..

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +109
    I don't see why not, Republicans are still blaming Clinton for things going wrong. So by that measure, Democrats should have till at least 2016 to blame the Bush admin.

9. RetiredGySgt

RetiredGySgt Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,920
    Considering most people that voted for Obama had NO IDEA what he stood for other the fleeting "Change" I suspect a lot of Independents are gonna wake up to his destruction of the electrical grid, the gas wars and his trillions in new debt and say " Damn, I did not know he was gonna do that". Again the press did us NO favors by not vetting him and not publishing things like his little " I will bankrupt the coal fired plant" comments.

10. Silence

Silence wanna lick?

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +457
    you have 6% of the majority....esp if you if you take out the people who voted for McCain because Obama was black (and don't even try saying there weren't any) and then take out the people who vote straight ticket Republican regardless of whether they know what they are voting for or because they are voting on one single issue be it guns, abortion or whatever.... :tongue:

I do laugh at you cons who assume that just because someone votes straight ticket they aren't aware of the issues. I'm willing to bet there are just as many, if not more, Republicans who vote straight ticket especially considering how often Republicans win elections which means Dems and Independents are jumping party lines and voting for them, otherwise they'd never win since there are statisically more registered Democrats in this country than Republicans.