You Owe $149,445..

Before the two wars and the Bush tax cuts, there was hardly any deficit. Then for 6 years, Republicans held both houses, the presidency and the Supreme Court.

Do you think Obama will ever get the deficit down to what it was when Bush was in office?

The deficit is already significantly lower than Bush left it, Captain Aspergers.

I really should have OPed the Federal Unfunded Debt for this thread, that's the more seriously worrisome one..

Last edited:
Do you think Obama will ever get the deficit down to what it was when Bush was in office?

The deficit is already significantly lower than Bush left it, Captain Aspergers.

I really should have OPed the Unfunded National Debt for this thread, that's the seriously scary one..

US public debt should be viewed an private wealth and all interest payments as private income. It really represents the total savings or equity in the US economy. Deficits add net financial assets to the private sector which has helped create demand for real goods and services. This has enabled the US to maintain income growth, which in turn has allowed us to save and accrue financial assets at a far greater than would have been possible without deficits.

The only problem I have with US public debt is the provision of private wealth emanating from deficits. We can have a rational debate about this, but there's no reason to obsess over something as trivial as deficits. The US government can always honor its debt, it can never go bankrupt. US debt issuance provides individuals, firms, households and others a place to put their wealth in a risk-free form.

There's also the excess reserve drain which bonds perform, but that's another story. :eusa_shifty:

You really need to stop lying, it makes you look stupid.
So, you were unaware that it was the end jan 2009 when Obama took office. The Deficit was about $1.2T. It was rising like a rocket, was over $1.3T in February. Today the Deficit is about $800B, and projected to be about $859 B by the end of this year.
So, me boy, perhaps some remedial math for you. $759B. And dropping.
Obama pledges to cut nation's deficit in half - Feb. 23, 2009

So, that was easy enough, Windbag. Checking you out ALWAYS shows you are lying. Or is it simply stupid??

I really should have OPed the Unfunded National Debt for this thread, that's the seriously scary one..

US public debt should be viewed an private wealth and all interest payments as private income. It really represents the total savings or equity in the US economy. Deficits add net financial assets to the private sector which has helped create demand for real goods and services. This has enabled the US to maintain income growth, which in turn has allowed us to save and accrue financial assets at a far greater than would have been possible without deficits.

The only problem I have with US public debt is the provision of private wealth emanating from deficits. We can have a rational debate about this, but there's no reason to obsess over something as trivial as deficits. The US government can always honor its debt, it can never go bankrupt. US debt issuance provides individuals, firms, households and others a place to put their wealth in a risk-free form.

There's also the excess reserve drain which bonds perform, but that's another story. :eusa_shifty:
Right. You have it correct, as usual. But Lumpy wants to make it look really, really bad. Because that is what he does.

Right. You have it correct, as usual. But Lumpy wants to make it look really, really bad. Because that is what he does.

It has to do with all this misinformation being peddled by the media and Congress. Most of what I said is known by most FED and Treasury staffers. In point of fact, many progressives and conservatives are out of paradigm, framing most arguments as if we're still on the gold standard/convertible currency. Even the President uses these nonsensical arguments. It's depressing.

Eh, show a little appreciation..

I start the thread with admitted limited knowledge and you get to bloviate, whine, insult, stroke your puff-headed ego's and occasionally offer up some worthy knowledge and leads..

You should be happy you ungrateful toads :lol:

If you're a taxpayer otherwise you owe just over $54,000.00 along with each of your non-taxpaying children and significant other.

Democrats.. America's "fumbling the future" Dream Crushers..:(

What if I own $149,445 worth of treasury bonds? Do I still owe?

Forum List

Back