You Owe $149,445..

Before the two wars and the Bush tax cuts, there was hardly any deficit. Then for 6 years, Republicans held both houses, the presidency and the Supreme Court.

Before the two wars and the Bush tax cuts, there was hardly any deficit. Then for 6 years, Republicans held both houses, the presidency and the Supreme Court.

Right on time sunshine. There really is no help for a partisan robot on either side of the political fence.

I'm not paying.

Democrats figure that's what the future generations are for, they won't mind and sticking them with it is beyond their control..perfect conditions for the liberal mind-set.

...you owe just over $54,000.00...
More like $54,630.10 --that's $17,149,154,023,335.85 (from here) ÷ 313,914,040 (from here).

Of course, while we're at it the total private net worth of all American citizens is $74,820,940,000,000 (from here) so dividing that equally (like we did w/ the debt) then we've all got $238,348.50 in the bank and we can pay off our $54,630.10 in monthly installments at a 1.3731816% annual interest rate (from here) --which comes out to $62.51 per month.

I now got a bank balance of $238,348.50 so I can afford the $62.51 per month. Easy peasy.

More like $54,630.10 --that's $17,149,154,023,335.85 (from here) ÷ 313,914,040 (from here).

Of course, while we're at it the total private net worth of all American citizens is $74,820,940,000,000 (from here) so dividing that equally (like we did w/ the debt) then we've all got $238,348.50 in the bank and we can pay off our $54,630.10 in monthly installments at a 1.3731816% annual interest rate (from here) --which comes out to $62.51 per month.

I now got a bank balance of $238,348.50 so I can afford the $62.51 per month.
Easy peasy.

Doesn't everyone...:lol:

and I guess you're single with no children to stick with the bill..

Last edited:
...I now got a bank balance of $238,348.50 so I can afford the $62.51 per month. [/COLOR] Easy peasy.
Doesn't everyone...:lol: and I guess you're single with no children to stick with the bill..
Work with me and let me know if I'm going to fast for you.

This divide equally nonsense gives the average family of four $953,394 (four times $238,348.50) in the bank that they can use to pay their monthly $250.04 share. I mean, we can stick our money into a CD and get a monthly interest payment of $1,191.74 (from here).

...I now got a bank balance of $238,348.50 so I can afford the $62.51 per month. [/COLOR] Easy peasy.
Doesn't everyone...:lol: and I guess you're single with no children to stick with the bill..

This divide equally nonsense gives the average family of four $953,394 (four times $238,348.50) in the bank that they can use to pay their monthly $250.04 share. I mean, we can stick our money into a CD and get a monthly interest payment of $1,191.74 (from here).

This only considers the bottom part of the balance sheet. What about assets? How much is an aircraft carrier worth? I'll be happy to pay my $62.51 per month if I get a couple miles of the Natchez Trace Parkway as my share of the assets. Owning the site where Andy Jackson spent four days getting Pushmataha drunk enough to sign the Treaty of Dancing Rabbit Creek would be cool. And throw in the cannon used by the Washington Artillery every summer for live shoots at the Visitors' Center to the Vicksburg Military Park. My family already owns a piece if the Illinois Memorial there.

Last edited:

:blahblah:

Did you happen to go to the link or are you just too slow witted, just wondering?

Last edited:

Right on time sunshine. There really is no help for a partisan robot on either side of the political fence.

Hey Skippy, when Republicans say Obama was born in Kenyan, everyone with any sense knows it's a lie.

When we point out how Republicans created the deficit, only Republicans are in denial.

Hey Skippy, when Republicans say Obama was born in Kenyan, everyone with any sense knows it's a lie.

When we point out how Republicans created the deficit, only Republicans are in denial.

"Trust but verify" or move along because it's beyond your control..

This only considers the bottom part of the balance sheet. What about assets? How much is an aircraft carrier worth? I'll be happy to pay my $62.51 per month if I get a couple miles of the Natchez Trace Parkway as my share of the assets. Owning the site where Andy Jackson spent four days getting Pushmataha drunk enough to sign the Treaty of Dancing Rabbit Creek would be cool. And throw in the cannon used by the Washington Artillery every summer for live shoots at the Visitors' Center to the Vicksburg Military Park. My family already owns a piece if the Illinois Memorial there.

Here is the thing, Oldfart. You did keep up with Expat, but you went on past. Being a good conservative, he does not like looking at assets. Just liabilities.

And, blowing holes in the desert IS expensive. But was great with republicans. But added hundreds of billions to the national debt. But they HATE paying for stuff other than that.

And they just can not understand that concept called inflation. On the one hand, they think it is high when it is low (like now) but do not account for differences in value over time. As anyone with half a brain knows, national debt is only high or low in comparison to Gross National Product. They tend to forget that you could get a NICE corvette in 1967 for $5K, but that today it would cost $55K.

The other end of the cash flow statement that they so conveniently ignore is revenue. Since the great recession of 2008 decreased tax revenue to the gov, that had the effect of increasing the national debt. They ignore that little truth. Fact is, that was THE MAJOR REASON for the increase in the national debt.

If they were capable of understanding inflation, they would understand that the national debt as a percentage of gnp has been higher than today, but then got much lower. And the funny thing (for them) was that we did not pay it back personally. Not a dime. The national debt went from over 120% of the GNP to under 50% of GNP in 14 years. And no person paid a dime, of course. Taxes stayed at the same rates, the economy did great, unemployment was generally low, and the national debt to gnp rate plummeted. Because employment rates were high and the economy was doing well.

So, conservatives now say we should do nothing to stimulate the economy. Just as we did in 1929 through 1933 as we watched the great recession take off, and the national debt begin to clime. Seem stupid to anyone???

Last edited:

I now got a bank balance of $238,348.50 so I can afford the $62.51 per month. Easy peasy.

Here's the problem with that. The debt is growing faster than your itty bitty minimum payments.

Here's the problem with that. The debt is growing faster than your itty bitty minimum payments.
Sorry, me dear. It is not growing. It was growing but has stopped. As a percentage of gnp.
US National Debt As Percent Of GDP United States 1940-1960 - Federal State Local Data

Really, try to be honest. It helps move the discussion along if it is not necessary to continually correct and educate you.

I'm not paying.

Democrats figure that's what the future generations are for, they won't mind and sticking them with it is beyond their control..perfect conditions for the liberal mind-set.

So, republicans had NOTHING to do with the national debt? Are you flipping serious?

How do you figure?

I know it's popular with conservatives to play the blame game, but where's the accountability for Christ's sake?

Corporations don't have to kick in? I thought that corporations were people, too?

The owners of corporations pay personal income taxes on dividends and capital gains on stock.

The employees of corporations pay personal income taxes as well as payroll taxes.

Corporations pay payroll taxes and excise taxes.

Add these up, and its Beaucoup D'Argent.

I'm not paying.

So, republicans had NOTHING to do with the national debt? Are you flipping serious?

How do you figure?

I know it's popular with conservatives to play the blame game, but where's the accountability for Christ's sake?

Republicans have their share of blame for a 17 trillion dollar debt no doubt but do you really want to use the conservative blame game stuff considering the Obama administration spent most of it's first term blaming Bush for everything that went wrong during said term? Same with accountability as the Obama idea of this seems to be the buck stops with anyone but him.

...Republicans created the deficit...
Wait, does that mean you thing the deficit's a good thing and that's why you wanted it bigger, does it mean you've always hated the deficit but you let it grow to be nice to Republicans, or does it mean you've been fighting the deficit but you're just not very good at it?

Forum List

Back