You Just Can't Raise a Post-Racial Child

Ekrem

I think you are missing the point. I don't think Cec is happy that she has to get her son to call her if the shit hits the fan. In fact, it sounds like she wants him to deal with it, but that is a pretty hard thing to do when the school teacher is acting like a fucking idiot.
Disagree. Better to teach your son how to respond to racist remarks than have to depend on mommy swooping to the rescue.

I have to jump in here and you know I never defend Cecile. But the problem here is there is a no tolerance policy for fighting and not for racism. So if he gets into a fight with the other kid, both will be treated as equally wrong (regardless of circumstances). However, there is no such no tolerance policy for racism, apparently. So she wants the phone call since the kid can't respond in a way that shows strength. If he answers back and gets hit, he is equally wrong (something I think is stupid, but it happens in many schools).

So I wouldn't give her kid too hard a time.

But I do think it's unhealthy for kids to be home schooled because their social skills and ability to deal with these normal tribulations isn't as finely honed as kids who have been in school environments.
The problem with charges of racism toward another kid is that if the teacher doesn't witness it, it becomes a he said she said situation. And who knows if little Nicky is totally innocent in this instance. A fight is much easier to see happen though it isn't always clear who started it.

IMO it is better to learn to stick up for yourself than have the school and/or mommy solve your school yard spats. That basically makes you into a victim...not a good thing to be in life.

Disagree. Better to teach your son how to respond to racist remarks than have to depend on mommy swooping to the rescue.

I have to jump in here and you know I never defend Cecile. But the problem here is there is a no tolerance policy for fighting and not for racism. So if he gets into a fight with the other kid, both will be treated as equally wrong (regardless of circumstances). However, there is no such no tolerance policy for racism, apparently. So she wants the phone call since the kid can't respond in a way that shows strength. If he answers back and gets hit, he is equally wrong (something I think is stupid, but it happens in many schools).

But I do think it's unhealthy for kids to be home schooled because their social skills and ability to deal with these normal tribulations isn't as finely honed as kids who have been in school environments.
The problem with charges of racism toward another kid is that if the teacher doesn't witness it, it becomes a he said she said situation. And who knows if little Nicky is totally innocent in this instance. A fight is much easier to see happen though it isn't always clear who started it.

IMO it is better to learn to stick up for yourself than have the school and/or mommy solve your school yard spats. That basically makes you into a victim...not a good thing to be in life.

Well, I think she intends for the phone call to be made if they do nothing to address racist comments. But I see where you're coming from. Ultimately, kids need to learn to defend themselves.

Ekrem

I think you are missing the point. I don't think Cec is happy that she has to get her son to call her if the shit hits the fan. In fact, it sounds like she wants him to deal with it, but that is a pretty hard thing to do when the school teacher is acting like a fucking idiot.

Wow. :lol: "Clueless" is the first word that comes to mind with this post. Troll rating: 7/10.

Well, I think she intends for the phone call to be made if they do nothing to address racist comments. But I see where you're coming from. Ultimately, kids need to learn to defend themselves.

The thing if even if her son does stand up for himself, the parents still get involved when the school administration steps in, so Cecille will be involved in this no matter what once it gets reported, fights in school are not a small matter anymore.

My children are all members of a multi-racial family, obviously, since their father is half-Chinese, and various other relatives are black, Cherokee, Korean, Vietnamese, and Mexican. Although they are, obviously, aware of these racial and ethnic facts, it has been literally in the same sense that they're aware of some of their relatives have brown eyes, some blue, and some green.

In fact, my teenaged son was twelve before he ever encountered the concept of racism at all (we were aided in this by the fact that he was homeschooled, and all his extra-familial contacts were with our own friends, who obviously aren't going to be racists). I remember we were watching "Flags of Our Fathers", and he was utterly bewildered about why everyone was being so mean to the Native American guy. The movie doesn't explain WHY people automatically disliked and abused him, because the writers assumed everyone watching knew and understood about the concept of racism. Nicky didn't, though. I had to explain to him how Native Americans were viewed in the 1940s, and why, and while I did, he stared at me as though I had lost my mind. It was as bewildering to him AFTER he knew what racism was as it had been before.

Bearing this background in mind, Nicky got in a fight with another student at his school late last week., because the other student started making racist remarks and insults at Nicky about his Asian blood. Nicky reported it to the teacher, as he's supposed to do, and for some odd reason, her response was to say, "You boys need to settle down and behave yourselves"! Of course, the other boy didn't, and when Nicky started to get angry and told him to knock it off, he hit Nicky and they wound up in a fight.

The upshot being that the school has a "zero tolerance" policy for violence (although not for racism, apparently), and I have to transfer Nicky to a new school. That the policy applied to both boys doesn't make me any less annoyed. And yes, for anyone who's going to ask, I have filed a formal complaint about the teacher's pathetic handling of the situation.

So our new policy in our family, which I really hate, is that if and when this situation comes up again (because it will; there are still too many ignorant savages in the world), Nicky is to report it SPECIFICALLY in these terms: "So-and-so is making RACIST remarks to me." If the offender is not then IMMEDIATELY removed to the office to be dealt with, Nicky is to call or text me THAT INSTANT, at which point I will call the school, have Nicky brought to the office to meet me, and proceed to rip someone a brand-new Civil Rights asshole.

I resent like hell having gone to so much trouble to create an environment which allows me to raise post-racial children, only to be forced to teach them the language and attitudes of racism ANYWAY. I will be mightily glad when the rest of the country gets past this Neanderthal fixation on such silly shit.

Peace. The tone of the responses you got from devil's such as william joyce and tank should make it painfully obvious that the idea of a post-racial america is a fallacy. The only thing that some of these devil's can say in response is "go to a non-racist country". The underlying message: accept our barbaric attitudes or get out because we do not intend to change! The original people of the earth (black,brown,red, and yellow), have to understand that we must teach our children the truth about ourselves (that we are the original man and woman of the planet and the creators of the arts of civilization) and them ( that they are wicked by nature, and history will suupport me in this claim) and we cannot afford to wait until they are confronted by some racist to do so. The thing that kills me most about this is the nerve of some white boy to talk about the smallness of someones penis?!?!?! As if white boys are famous for being well endowed, talk about delusional!!! I hate to disappoint you, but our country will never be free of the cancer of racism, it is too deeply embedded in the american psyche and you can mark my words, it will be the cause of the downfall of this country. I just hope that we don't go down with it...

My children are all members of a multi-racial family, obviously, since their father is half-Chinese, and various other relatives are black, Cherokee, Korean, Vietnamese, and Mexican. Although they are, obviously, aware of these racial and ethnic facts, it has been literally in the same sense that they're aware of some of their relatives have brown eyes, some blue, and some green.

In fact, my teenaged son was twelve before he ever encountered the concept of racism at all (we were aided in this by the fact that he was homeschooled, and all his extra-familial contacts were with our own friends, who obviously aren't going to be racists). I remember we were watching "Flags of Our Fathers", and he was utterly bewildered about why everyone was being so mean to the Native American guy. The movie doesn't explain WHY people automatically disliked and abused him, because the writers assumed everyone watching knew and understood about the concept of racism. Nicky didn't, though. I had to explain to him how Native Americans were viewed in the 1940s, and why, and while I did, he stared at me as though I had lost my mind. It was as bewildering to him AFTER he knew what racism was as it had been before.

Bearing this background in mind, Nicky got in a fight with another student at his school late last week., because the other student started making racist remarks and insults at Nicky about his Asian blood. Nicky reported it to the teacher, as he's supposed to do, and for some odd reason, her response was to say, "You boys need to settle down and behave yourselves"! Of course, the other boy didn't, and when Nicky started to get angry and told him to knock it off, he hit Nicky and they wound up in a fight.

The upshot being that the school has a "zero tolerance" policy for violence (although not for racism, apparently), and I have to transfer Nicky to a new school. That the policy applied to both boys doesn't make me any less annoyed. And yes, for anyone who's going to ask, I have filed a formal complaint about the teacher's pathetic handling of the situation.

So our new policy in our family, which I really hate, is that if and when this situation comes up again (because it will; there are still too many ignorant savages in the world), Nicky is to report it SPECIFICALLY in these terms: "So-and-so is making RACIST remarks to me." If the offender is not then IMMEDIATELY removed to the office to be dealt with, Nicky is to call or text me THAT INSTANT, at which point I will call the school, have Nicky brought to the office to meet me, and proceed to rip someone a brand-new Civil Rights asshole.

I resent like hell having gone to so much trouble to create an environment which allows me to raise post-racial children, only to be forced to teach them the language and attitudes of racism ANYWAY. I will be mightily glad when the rest of the country gets past this Neanderthal fixation on such silly shit.

This is one of the main reasons why I don't support interracial marriages. The children of
mixed race marriages are always bullied and teased at school by the pure breed children.
Black children won't really accept mixed race children, white children won't accept mixed race children either.

All children need a sense of belonging to some group. Racial identity is very inportant
to growing children. When you are the child of a mixed marriage, you don't really know
who, or what race you truly belong to.!Their is an identity crisis with mixed race children.!
Other children can seek out and exploit this mixed race indentity crisis.

I understand your problem miss, but you must realize also that the melting pot agenda
is a bad agenda. It has many flaws, many people will not accept it.

This is one of the main reasons why I don't support interracial marriages. The children of
mixed race marriages are always bullied and teased at school by the pure breed children.
Black children won't really accept mixed race children, white children won't accept mixed race children either.

All children need a sense of belonging to some group. Racial identity is very inportant
to growing children. When you are the child of a mixed marriage, you don't really know
who, or what race you truly belong to.!Their is an identity crisis with mixed race children.!

I understand your problem miss, but you must realize also that the melting pot agenda

That's funny, I remember growing up as a black child in school. I had white friends and I had mixed friends and it meant absolutely nothing to me. Just as it meant nothing to cecille's son. It wasn't until I felt the sting of racism from whites that I became aware of racism. This is not the way original people behave, racism is a phenomenon created by whites for whites. We lived amongst each other thousands of years before there was a white face to be found on the planet and we lived in peace. The fact of the matter is that white's do not want to mix in with originals, in fact they are deftly afraid of it and that is the reason for their aggression towards the world's non-white people. That is why they always institute some racial system based on seperation, i.e. the caste system of the aryans, the jim crow south, apartheid in south africa. The "melting pot agenda" as you put it, can work and has worked historically. So long as whites aren't involved, and if they are involved, they can't be in charge...

That's funny, I remember growing up as a black child in school. I had white friends and I had mixed friends and it meant absolutely nothing to me. Just as it meant nothing to cecille's son. It wasn't until I felt the sting of racism from whites that I became aware of racism. This is not the way original people behave, racism is a phenomenon created by whites for whites. We lived amongst each other thousands of years before there was a white face to be found on the planet and we lived in peace. The fact of the matter is that white's do not want to mix in with originals, in fact they are deftly afraid of it and that is the reason for their aggression towards the world's non-white people. That is why they always institute some racial system based on seperation, i.e. the caste system of the aryans, the jim crow south, apartheid in south africa. The "melting pot agenda" as you put it, can work and has worked historically. So long as whites aren't involved, and if they are involved, they can't be in charge...

Yes, I do realize that blacks have lived with other races long before the caucasian race presented themselves to the rest of the world.

My point also, is that there are blacks who don't want to mix with any other races.
Yes, blacks have mixed with other races before whites forced themselves upon blacks.
We don't need whites to mix with black originals. Let whites breed with themselves.
Who needs the white mans , or the white womans genes!?
We don't need a recessive gene pool race mixed with our original race dominant genes.!!

Great so what are we to do now? put the mixed children in the ovens?:doubt:

Yes, I do realize that blacks have lived with other races long before the caucasian race presented themselves to the rest of the world.

My point also, is that there are blacks who don't want to mix with any other races.
Yes, blacks have mixed with other races before whites forced themselves upon blacks.
We don't need whites to mix with black originals. Let whites breed with themselves.
We don't need a recessive gene pool race mixed with our original race dominant genes.!!

Thats bullshit, I see alot of interracial couples black men with white women, asian women, latinas etc

52nd Street you are telling us what you are really feeling, but you definently don't speak for all the black people in the world.

:clap2:

Your applauding his post? if a white guy said he didn't want weak black genes mixing with the pure white race, he'd be a racist bastard right?:evil:

Your applauding his post? if a white guy said he didn't want weak black genes mixing with the pure white race, he'd be a racist bastard right?:evil:

Whites have been saying this for 450 years, it is completely hipocritical for whites to find it so displeasing when a black man says the same thing. Why is it always hate when blacks want for themselves what whites want for themselves?

The original people of the earth (black,brown,red, and yellow), have to understand that we must teach our children the truth about ourselves (that we are the original man and woman of the planet and the creators of the arts of civilization) and them ( that they are wicked by nature, and history will suupport me in this claim) and we cannot afford to wait until they are confronted by some racist to do so. The thing that kills me most about this is the nerve of some white boy to talk about the smallness of someones penis?!?!?! As if white boys are famous for being well endowed, talk about delusional!!! I hate to disappoint you, but our country will never be free of the cancer of racism
At least you're not racist :lol:

Your bigest problem is that you are a liberal. Unfortunately, it is too late to change that. Maybe you should just let your children listen to Rush Limbaugh while they are being home schooled.

The original people of the earth (black,brown,red, and yellow), have to understand that we must teach our children the truth about ourselves (that we are the original man and woman of the planet and the creators of the arts of civilization) and them ( that they are wicked by nature, and history will suupport me in this claim) and we cannot afford to wait until they are confronted by some racist to do so. The thing that kills me most about this is the nerve of some white boy to talk about the smallness of someones penis?!?!?! As if white boys are famous for being well endowed, talk about delusional!!! I hate to disappoint you, but our country will never be free of the cancer of racism
At least you're not racist :lol:

You're right. I'm not a racist, you are. I'm a realist...

Whites have been saying this for 450 years, it is completely hipocritical for whites to find it so displeasing when a black man says the same thing. Why is it always hate when blacks want for themselves what whites want for themselves?

:wtf:

Forum List

Back