You have it wrong, Senator. I don't work for you, you work for me!

CrusaderFrank

Diamond Member
May 20, 2009
Dear God, I live for the day when someone testifying before Congress reminds them that they work for us and not the other way around!

Nobody actually said the Title, but please, one day, let someone stand up to Franken, or Schumer or Waxman or Boxer!

"During the argument Franken repeatedly cited the inspiration for his bill, Jamie Leigh Jones, who was raped while working for a defense contractor in Iraq and allegedly imprisoned temporarily and prevented from legal retaliation because of an arbitration clause in her contract. Jones was also a witness at the hearing.

F: "Would you consider if Jamie Leigh had gotten a settlement of $50 that she would have 'prevailed' under this definition?"

B: "Senator Franken --"

F: "Please answer yes or no, sir."

B: "No, let me just say --"

F: "Please answer yes or no sir. Do you say no?"

B: "I say no"

F: "So in other words the statistics on who prevailed and who didn’t prevail – what would she have needed to have gotten, $100? Would she have prevailed if she had gotten $100?"

B: "I think it’s a distinction … what we’re talking about --"

F: "Answer yes or no, please sir."

Franken gets testy over statistics | StarTribune.com

Dear God, I live for the day when someone testifying before Congress reminds them that they work for us and not the other way around!

Nobody actually said the Title, but please, one day, let someone stand up to Franken, or Schumer or Waxman or Boxer!

"During the argument Franken repeatedly cited the inspiration for his bill, Jamie Leigh Jones, who was raped while working for a defense contractor in Iraq and allegedly imprisoned temporarily and prevented from legal retaliation because of an arbitration clause in her contract. Jones was also a witness at the hearing.

F: "Would you consider if Jamie Leigh had gotten a settlement of $50 that she would have 'prevailed' under this definition?"

F: "So in other words the statistics on who prevailed and who didn’t prevail – what would she have needed to have gotten, $100? Would she have prevailed if she had gotten $100?"

Excellent job by Senator Franken

You are doing Minnesota proud. Sadly, some on this board defend rape

Yeah...sure...THAT is what he was doing with his post...defending rape

Learn to comprehend when reading....dont just cherry pick words and make a summation.

Learn to comprehend when reading....dont just cherry pick words and make a summation.

THIS coming from the guy who read: "Obama only recently received the formal request" and (in his own words) PARAPHRASED that to claim I said "Obama hasn't heard of it."

Physician - heal thyself!

Ummm, dufus...when you are testifying before Congress....you are in NO position to start yapping about who works for who. When the Congress is in session they are doing the people's work. Too bad you cannot comprehend the most basic of civic lessons. Elected leaders know who they work for. :eusa_whistle:

The OP has nothing whatsoever to do with the article. Zilch, nada, null set.

THIS coming from the guy who read: "Obama only recently received the formal request" and (in his own words) PARAPHRASED that to claim I said "Obama hasn't heard of it."

Yeah...well....you said "formal request" and I took it as request......I apologized when you poiinted it out...and it was quite obviouisly an innocent mistake...and the fact that you even used "formal request" is disingenuopus in itself seeing as the debate had to do with "how long he knew of the request"...

But you know that and now you are simply playing childish word games.

Have a nice weekend.

Ummm, dufus...when you are testifying before Congress....you are in NO position to start yapping about who works for who. When the Congress is in session they are doing the people's work. Too bad you cannot comprehend the most basic of civic lessons. Elected leaders know who they work for. :eusa_whistle:

And from those elected leaders actions its plain to see they feel that they work for special interests and not the people.

They have forgotten who they work for and need to be reminded.

And notice I didn't have to resort to lame insults to help put my position out there.

And from those elected leaders actions its plain to see they feel that they work for special interests and not the people.

They have forgotten who they work for and need to be reminded.

And notice I didn't have to resort to lame insults to help put my position out there.

I like tweaking people like you? Is that a crime?

Fascisti!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congress does what the people allow it to get away with. Democracy (oh excuse me Republicanism) is a difficult beast to tame.

ltr.

d.

U.S. Senators work for their constituents - if you live in Minnesota Franken works for you. Don't like the job he's doing? Then get the votes and turn him out. If you DON'T live in Minnesota, he doesn't work for you and it's not really any of your business who folks in Minnesota choose to represent them.
I don't think I could have voted for the guy, but that doesn't matter since I don't live in Minnesota.

But even 25% of the Republicans in the senate had to agree - he was on the correct side of THIS issue. I agree with them.

Last edited:
U.S. Senators work for their constituents - if you live in Minnesota Franken works for you. Don't like the job he's doing? Then get the votes and turn him out. If you DON'T live in Minnesota, he doesn't work for you and it's not really any of your business who folks in Minnesota choose to represent them.
I don't think I could have voted for the guy, but that doesn't matter since I don't live in Minnesota.

But even 25% of the Republicans in the senate had to agree - he was on the correct side of THIS issue. I agree with them.

then he should stick to issues that are realted to his state directly....passing laws to void a contractual agreement as it relates to federal work between two parties is not minnesotta state business....

Yeah...well....you said "formal request" and I took it as request......I apologized when you poiinted it out...and it was quite obviouisly an innocent mistake...and the fact that you even used "formal request" is disingenuopus in itself seeing as the debate had to do with "how long he knew of the request"...

But you know that and now you are simply playing childish word games.

Have a nice weekend.

There was nothing about disengenious about my post, I was specific because I was talking about a specific request and since I started that particular debate on when he had received the formal request that was ALWAYS what I was reffering to.

I don't play childish word games. I am specific sometimes to be very clear. Claiming to apologize in one breath and then trying to blame me for your mistake in the next breath is disengenious and childish word play. I would have never mentioned it again had you not attacked another poster for doing what you did the day before.

Have a great weekend - I know we've disagreed here and I've been blunt, but I want you to know I respect you and your opinions and I really do wish you the very best. I hope I have not offended you.

then he should stick to issues that are realted to his state directly....passing laws to void a contractual agreement as it relates to federal work between two parties is not minnesotta state business....

In fact, I would question it's constitutionality.

He's not a STATE senator - he represents Minnesota in the U.S. SENATE and answers to his constituents for the work he does on behalf of them on FEDERAL issues.

I think you might need to re-read the Constitution a little bit. US Senators represent their state in FEDERAL affairs, not just their own state's business..

Forum List

Back