You have it wrong, Senator. I don't work for you, you work for me!

Hey Officer! You work for ME! You can't give me a ticket

Dear God, I live for the day when someone testifying before Congress reminds them that they work for us and not the other way around!

Nobody actually said the Title, but please, one day, let someone stand up to Franken, or Schumer or Waxman or Boxer!

"During the argument Franken repeatedly cited the inspiration for his bill, Jamie Leigh Jones, who was raped while working for a defense contractor in Iraq and allegedly imprisoned temporarily and prevented from legal retaliation because of an arbitration clause in her contract. Jones was also a witness at the hearing.

F: "Would you consider if Jamie Leigh had gotten a settlement of $50 that she would have 'prevailed' under this definition?"

B: "Senator Franken --"

F: "Please answer yes or no, sir."

B: "No, let me just say --"

F: "Please answer yes or no sir. Do you say no?"

B: "I say no"

F: "So in other words the statistics on who prevailed and who didn’t prevail – what would she have needed to have gotten, $100? Would she have prevailed if she had gotten $100?"

B: "I think it’s a distinction … what we’re talking about --"

F: "Answer yes or no, please sir."

Franken gets testy over statistics | StarTribune.com

Excellent job by Senator Franken

You are doing Minnesota proud. Sadly, some on this board defend rape

Yeah...sure...THAT is what he was doing with his post...defending rape

Learn to comprehend when reading....dont just cherry pick words and make a summation.

Frankly, I have no idea what he's talking about in the first place. Looks like just another one of Crusader Frank's silly crusades.

Democrats call ordinary citizen who dare to express themselves "Nazis" so I don't see how they are "Doing work for the people" at all!

They are little tin horn dictators and they need to get smacked back into place

And I see you as a silly little asshole that would let rape go unpunished for your political ideology. This is the same outfit that did the shoddy electrical work that killed about a dozen of our soldiers. And they get away with this kind of thing because people like you value your idiocy more than the lives of American citizens, civilian or military.

The Senate voted morally and ethically on this issue. CrusaderFrank merely has his head stuck up his butt.

Will the same laws apply to ACORN for aiding and abetting in plotting the statutory rape of underage Salvadorean girls?

Franken is a corrupt fraud. He did not win his Election and certainly isn't qualified to be a U.S. Senator. It really is a very very sad time for this nation. When an unfunny washed-up old comedian hack can be a U.S. Senator,you know our U.S. Congress cannot possibly sink any lower. Pelosi & Reid must go and i wish they would take Franken with them! Worst U.S. Congress in History? You bet!

Franken is a corrupt fraud. He did not win his Election and certainly isn't qualified to be a U.S. Senator. It really is a very very sad time for this nation. When an unfunny washed-up old comedian hack can be a U.S. Senator,you know our U.S. Congress cannot possibly sink any lower. Pelosi & Reid must go and i wish they would take Franken with them! Worst U.S. Congress in History? You bet!

there's a lot of the "isn't qualified" going around in government these days.:eusa_eh:

there's a lot of the "isn't qualified" going around in government these days.:eusa_eh:

Hmmmm......was Franken born in Kenya too???

Since when does a Harvard degree not qualify you?

His qualification is that the majority of Minnesota voters wanted him to represent them

Democrats call ordinary citizen who dare to express themselves "Nazis" so I don't see how they are "Doing work for the people" at all!

They are little tin horn dictators and they need to get smacked back into place

Democrats weren't the ones parading around with posters and T-shirts of Obama with a Hitler-esque mustache. Glenn Beck isn't a Democrat, yet he equates Obama to Hitler at every opportunity. Where do you live, under a rock?

Sorry to pop your balloon, genius, but the congressional Republicans fare far worse than congressional Democrats, yet you don't mention any of them as being contributors to the current messes. (Imagine that...)

Congress: Republicans

Congress: Democrats

I seriously doubt you would even *get* what Ron Paul stood for, which was basically a total remake of the monetary system--something even the creme de la creme of the financial world barely understand. Yet you make absurd claims about Franken that only a moron would concoct because the facts clearly are otherwise.

then he should stick to issues that are realted to his state directly....passing laws to void a contractual agreement as it relates to federal work between two parties is not minnesotta state business....

^^^^^^^^^^

That is extrememely silly.

U.S. House Reps and U.S. Senators are elected by their constituents to deal with national issues - like defense contracts, for example - in their names. If a majority of a congressman's constituents don't like the positions he takes then they can vote him out. That's what nodogg meant.

The Senate voted morally and ethically on this issue. CrusaderFrank merely has his head stuck up his butt.

Well, come on. Of course the Senate isn't doing the people's work. Frank doesn't agree with the position being argued and that's all the reason he needs.

Now let's bring up an ACORN or Planned Parenthood rep up in front a Congressional committee and let a Republican Senator grill one of them like that and it'll all be OK wtih him.

Last edited:

The guy that was dubbed "a clown" by one of the most extreme RW Senators is neither corrupt nor a fraud and is eating the Repubs' lunch. And hes actually accomplishing something that even many conservatives agree with.

The fact that guys like you and Frank just can't stand this makes me happy.

:badgrin:

Forum List

Back