You don't need much meat.....just a little...

We eat far too much meat in this nation....I'm not complaining but it's the truth. There are plenty of protein sources that can sustain us with less expense and much less strain to our physical being than meat causes.

Years ago I knew a vegan who suffered from protein deficiency and he refused to take his doctor's advice to have one or two buffalo burgers a month...." That's all you need " he said....but because my friend was a religious Vegan he held out. Eventually he developed a horrible open sore on his nose that made it impossible for him to do his job as a department administrator who had to face dozens of people every day....so after checking with his Maharishi or whoever the hell his spiritual counselor was he decided to do two buffalo burgers a month..... Voila! His sore healed up is a matter of a few weeks and to this day this is all the meat he consumes..

JO
you don't need to eat any meat at all.

I have been following a fellow named Marcus Rothkranz who is a vegan and a prolific health writer
he is 50 and looks like he's 27. He does say however that should you choose to be a vegan you must do it correctly. That I believe.

JO
Yep, a vegan diet is not easy for most people. There is a huge difference between a vegan diet and vegetarian diet. A vegan diet eliminates all animal by products. That means no eggs, no milk, no butter, no cream, no yogurt, no cheese, nothing cooked in animal fat, and of course no beef, no pork, no chicken, no turkey, no seafood, etc.

I have two vegetarians in my family. Occasional they cheat but for most part they don't eat meat. They are very healthy and have little trouble finding food they like when dinning at home or eating out. One is a great cook and she cooks the most delicious vegetarian meals.

I also have a vegan in the family, a beautiful 22 year old girl. She been a vegan for about 8 years. She is about 25 pounds under weight, yet she's obsessively concerned about getting fat. The doctor said she really sees herself as being fat. She's Anorexia and Bulimic. She goes for days eating nothing but a few salads, some tofu, and breads. Then she binge eats pastas and Mediterranean food and vomits it up. When she goes out she eats little or nothing and if she does she probably vomit it. She been to two clinics that treat eating disorders. One doctor said unless she gets control of her eating, she may not make it past 30.

If you have a teenager in your family that is obsessive about dieting to loose weight and wants to be a vegan, do whatever you can to persuade her to delay the decision till she's a bit older and understands what she's getting into. Once you're a vegan for a few years, it is not easy to return to meat diet.

This is not to say that you can't be a vegan and be very healthy. You just have understand what you're getting into.
Anorexia has nothing to do with veganism.

Plenty of people who are not vegetarian or vegan have anorexia and bulimia
A study in 2013 looked at the relationship between vegetarianism and eating disorders among women, and found that about half of those with anorexia reported eating some form of vegetarian diet, compared to around 2 per cent of the UK population.

In a perfect world, the rise in veganism comes solely from a place of compassion for animals and a personal responsibility towards sustainability and reducing carbon emissions. But in reality, veganism is also being used as a cover for disordered eating. As one of my niece's doctor's said, anorexic teenage girls are almost always vegans or vegetarians. In short, being a vegan or vegetarian does not mean you have an eating disorder. However, an anorexic teenage girl is most likely vegan or a vegetarian.

People with an eating disorder are the exception not the rule.

It'd not the veganism that is the problem it's the psychological problems the person has.
True, veganism is used to covered up the anorexia. It is so common among young women that many people wrongly conclude that veganism is the cause. Perfectionism, and perseverance are very common traits of people with Anorexia. They are often obsessive about their physical appearance, particular their weight and their performance in school and work. Coming to terms with their illness is very difficult. Veganism becomes an excuse for starving themselves, fixating on all the foods that are not part of their diet and having problems eating many that are. When they dine out on social occasions, just nibbling on a salad becomes socially acceptable because they're vegan saving the planet or seeking a healthier life.

Last edited:
[AQUOTE="Death Angel, post: 24585081, member: 58750"]
Years ago I knew a vegan who suffered from protein deficiency and he refused to take his doctor's advice to have one or two buffalo burgers a month...." That's all you need "
Doctors know NOTHING about nutrition.

No, you DONT need an occasional cadaver.

Vegans are like everyone else. The vast majority of "meat eaters" eat a terrible diet. Too many vegans too. Healthy vegans eat a WHOLE FOOD plant based diet. They are the ONLY ones getting a truly healthy diet.

Apparently my buddy was a poor vegan. Coincidence or not his sore cleared up chronologically in the order of consuming two buffalo burgers a month. I believe his choice was the grass fed meat.

Can you be more specific when you say whole food it's a very nebulous term. I mean you don't eat the coconut shells do you?

Jo
[/QUOTE]
You can eat a healthy or unhealthy diet regardless of what you call yourself.

Most of the crops grown in the world are fed to livestock so we could easily feed everyone without meat.

But why are you making up arguments and attributing them to me?

I never said anything about the entire population going vegan even though it is entirely possible

Haha... okay so you are counting grass as edible vegetation for humans?? Hilarious.
There is a whole world outside of America. Here, yes, we unfortunately feed livestock foods they were never meant to eat just to fatten them up quickly. That is franken-food. And that is not related to what I am saying.
In order to be vegan, you MUST eat vegetation and grains that are grown far-far-far away from your immediate environment. All of those veggies/fruits/grains consume mass energy to both produce and ship. HUUGE swaths of land to grow. Vegetation is NOT the answer for the future.
Insects?.... that is a whole other possibility.

No but grain is.

And a cow has to be fed 6kg of vegetable matter to make 1 kg of protein that is eaten as meat.

The grain we grow in this country to feed livestock could feed 800 million people.

It would take less land not more to feed people a vegan diet.
So can the cows, and there you go again, go promote your vegan shit to vegan shits.

Fk blue you disappoint me

And you're promoting eating meat so what's the difference?
LOL you think you are smarter, healthier and will live longer because you do not eat meat.

You haven't once posted how fast you run or bike a mile how much you bench press or dead lift. See it's not enough to say you are better you need to prove it little one

No Just smarter than you.

You believe things which are plain old wrong.

You are wrong about B12, iron, zinc, the 9 essential amino acids among others

And I work out every day, I don't bother with heavy weights or 1 rep maximums and concentrate on functional strength. Use the TRX suspension trainer, and a variety of dumbbells and kettle bells.

But I did post a link to vegans who are do lift weights

here it is again

The last I deadlifted I did 10 reps at 315lbs. That said not all lift weights but you also forgot to post your time in the mile and what competitive events you participate in other that the porch rocking chair contest while munching celery
Why do I have to compete in anything?

I'm not one for road races but there is a trail loop I run near me it's about 3 miles and I can do it in about 25 minutes. Most of the time I do sprints or I walk long distances with a 40 lb pack

I work out because I like to I have no need to compete with anyone but myself.
81758f1abca5fcbc2e30716b069bb1ec--funny-vegan-quotes-vegan-funny.jpg
Yeah you are pretty much the intellectual equivalent of the child in the picture
Cool

Jordan Peterson, a famous Canadian Psychologist, says he went to a beef-only diet (nothing but beef) to cure his auto-immune problem. He said he would not recommend it to anyone because it's so monolithic and boring but, he says, it helped him lose weight and cure his ills. Of course, if you Google his name, you'll find link after link of 'experts' savaging him for it.

Forum List

Back