You are being manipulated and you

Fail. Wiretaps are looking for evidence of a crime. Security at the airport is looking to keep the public safe...again, no one complained previously until this current meltdown, therefore it is acceptable to society as a whole.

Just like you can be searched before entering a football game or a concert, so too can you be searched flying on a commercial jet.

Now cancel the war on terror and you'll have a point. :thup:

Funny thing....here in NY, no one complains about a pat down at Giants stadium.
No one cares about a pat down when going to a Dead concert.

Seems the politicians have us fighting FOR them. Wasnt it supposed to be the other way around?
Yes...but they are good a whipping everyone into a drooling frenzy.

Yep...and when they lax the scrutiny at the airports and God forbid a plane goes down? There will be politicians out there blasting every politician that fought for the lax policies....and then when the policies becoem strict again? We willhave politicians out there stiriing up the people again.

When are we all going to look around and agree.....our politicians use two things to get votes....fist they put fear into your eyes, and then they inject your loss of liberties.....

It is a game, and the people always lose. Just the politicians win....and once they win? They are set for life...benefits, pensions, etc.

It is a game....we are the game...and they play us.

How exactly is it way over the top? You have three choices: Go through the machine, get a pat down, or refrain from flying.

The collection of "horror" stories are laughable. Several are years old and the rest seem to be a huge stretch of the truth.

No one made a peep about all this for years, therefore y'all look mighty stupid having your hissy fits now.

How exactly are NSA wire taps way over the top? You have three choices: Send an email, make a phone call or write a hand written letter.

The collection of "horror" stories are laughable. Several are years old and the rest seem to be a huge stretch of the truth.

No one made a peep about all this for years, therefore y'all look mighty stupid having your hissy fits now.

Exactly!!!!

I guarantee everyone of these idiots, almost to the person, that are defending the "pat downs" were wrything in pain over The Patriot Act. :cuckoo:

I wonder how long its gonna be before they use some poor patsie (i.e. L. H. Aswald) to try to go thru the checkpoint at airport with a bomb and the TSA finds it.... Then they can point to a success. So far all have gotten thru, and thankfully they were all incompititant boobs.
You stupid fuck...your approval of the patriot act and the war on terror is why we have these pat downs.

OK.... wiseguy, explain how the Patriot Act affected you.

Give me one example of how it changed ANYTHING in your simple life.

Unless you happen to be under investigation for a crime in the 1st place.
B/c otherwise YOU have'nt been affected in the least! All it did was expand who the gov't could look into.(i.e. terrorists)

The gov't still CAN NOT record your private emails, phone calls, or anything else WITHOUT a search warrant.... PERIOD!

So just to clarify. You view NSA wiretap guidlines under the Patriot Act and the new TSA search guidlines to be "reasonable" searches under the 4th amendment?
Wiretapping is only authorized if there is no other way to catch criminal activity.

Come up with a better way to see if people are carrying bombs on an airplane besides searching them and we'll talk.

easy - behavioral profiling.
Then find out why we don't do that. Probably because it would cost a heck of a lot more. Also, last year the Democrats tried to fund TSA purchasing bomb detection devices but sadly that was shot down. They would have done a lot toward eliminating pat downs.

The rightwingloons created a monster.

Exactly!!!!

I guarantee everyone of these idiots, almost to the person, that are defending the "pat downs" were wrything in pain over The Patriot Act. :cuckoo:

I wonder how long its gonna be before they use some poor patsie (i.e. L. H. Aswald) to try to go thru the checkpoint at airport with a bomb and the TSA finds it.... Then they can point to a success. So far all have gotten thru, and thankfully they were all incompititant boobs.
You stupid fuck...your approval of the patriot act and the war on terror is why we have these pat downs.

B/c otherwise YOU have'nt been affected in the least! All it did was expand who the gov't could look into.(i.e. terrorists)

The gov't still CAN NOT record your private emails, phone calls, or anything else WITHOUT a search warrant.... PERIOD!
I'm not the one shedding crocodile tears over pat downs...that would be you. It has obviously affected your life more than mine. :lol:

Wiretapping is only authorized if there is no other way to catch criminal activity.

Come up with a better way to see if people are carrying bombs on an airplane besides searching them and we'll talk.

Then find out why we don't do that. Probably because it would cost a heck of a lot more. Also, last year the Democrats tried to fund TSA purchasing bomb detection devices but sadly that was shot down. They would have done a lot toward eliminating pat downs.

It would not cost more.... Do you know how much those scanners cost, and who's pockets are being lined by their purchases?

Didnt think so....:doubt:

I'm not the one shedding crocodile tears over pat downs...that would be you. It has obviously affected your life more than mine. :lol:

Thats what I thought..... you got NOTHING!

Plus, I could care less.... I drive where I go so :fu:

How addressing my point..... Oh yeah..... you got NOTHING!

Do you believe that the republicans simply did not want to fund the TSA purchasing bomb detecting devices?

Do you think the possibility exosts that there were some "other things" tossed into that?

You are aware of how they game us....no?

One party wants to do something....nothing major....the other party shoots it down.....for one reason or another...

So the first party waits for legislation that is truly important to the people and toss what they originally wanted into that legislation as well.....

And so the other party says "I will vote for it but take that crap out that has nothing to do with this legislation"...

And the first party hits the airwaves and announces how the other party refuses to vote for important legislation...of course not mentioning anything about the added crap that was thrown in that was the true reason for the refusal.

A game, my friend...and we all fall for it.

Do you believe that the republicans simply did not want to fund the TSA purchasing bomb detecting devices?

Do you think the possibility exosts that there were some "other things" tossed into that?

You are aware of how they game us....no?

One party wants to do something....nothing major....the other party shoots it down.....for one reason or another...

So the first party waits for legislation that is truly important to the people and toss what they originally wanted into that legislation as well.....

And so the other party says "I will vote for it but take that crap out that has nothing to do with this legislation"...

And the first party hits the airwaves and announces how the other party refuses to vote for important legislation...of course not mentioning anything about the added crap that was thrown in that was the true reason for the refusal.

A game, my friend...and we all fall for it.
That is possible...I do not know the details only that the Republicans voted against it.

Republicans have cast votes against the key TSA funding measure that the 2010 appropriations bill for the Department of Homeland Security contained, which included funding for the TSA, including for explosives detection systems and other aviation security measures. In the June 24 vote in the House, leading Republicans including John Boehner, Pete Hoekstra, Mike Pence and Paul Ryan voted against the bill, amid a procedural dispute over the appropriations process, a Democrat points out. A full 108 Republicans voted against the conference version, including Boehner, Hoekstra, Pence, Michelle Bachmann, Marsha Blackburn, Darrell Issa and Joe Wilson.

GOP blame at TSA? - Ben Smith - POLITICO.com

Partisan?

Which "party" believes government can make you safe if it is allowed to partially penetrate your wife?

Actually, putting aside the partisan part of it...

Better said by saying "which party realizes that the government likely can not keep you safe unless they partially penetrate your wife.

Short of behavioral profiling...do you have a beetr idea?

And I personally do not see behavioral profiling being possible with the tens of thousands of travelers we have daily....it is far fropm fool proof...notto mention the ACLU and other advocate groups reactions to "false actions"....

I remember the good old days when we were using warrentless wiretaps to listen in on suspected terrorists. Everybody had a baby. Now we're groping nuns and 3 yo's and .. eh.. no biggie.

Republicans have cast votes against the key TSA funding measure that the 2010 appropriations bill for the Department of Homeland Security contained, which included funding for the TSA, including for explosives detection systems and other aviation security measures. In the June 24 vote in the House, leading Republicans including John Boehner, Pete Hoekstra, Mike Pence and Paul Ryan voted against the bill, amid a procedural dispute over the appropriations process, a Democrat points out. A full 108 Republicans voted against the conference version, including Boehner, Hoekstra, Pence, Michelle Bachmann, Marsha Blackburn, Darrell Issa and Joe Wilson.

So if this legislation would have passed these machines would not be in the airports today?

So if this legislation would have passed these machines would not be in the airports today?
They are different machines...I would imagine one would eliminate the need for the other, and the pat downs.

Partisan?

Which "party" believes government can make you safe if it is allowed to partially penetrate your wife?

Actually, putting aside the partisan part of it...

Better said by saying "which party realizes that the government likely can not keep you safe unless they partially penetrate your wife.

Short of behavioral profiling...do you have a beetr idea?

And I personally do not see behavioral profiling being possible with the tens of thousands of travelers we have daily....it is far fropm fool proof...notto mention the ACLU and other advocate groups reactions to "false actions"....

They're already profiling. They're either not profiling middle easterners, or they are, but they are groping enough 3 year old blond kids so nobody will notice they are profiling middle easterners.

If we're all finger fucked by government, we're all equal.

I love Message Boards. In this Post the OP expresses exactly what he or she accuses the other side of doing. Manipulation? Partisanship? Sums up this post no?

It all comes down to...I want TSA to protect me from anyone that may be trying to do me harm but just leave me alone because I am not a terrorist

Funny thing....here in NY, no one complains about a pat down at Giants stadium.
No one cares about a pat down when going to a Dead concert.

Seems the politicians have us fighting FOR them. Wasnt it supposed to be the other way around?

The pat downs at sporting events and concerts are nowhere near what TSA is doing. :cuckoo:

It all comes down to...I want TSA to protect me from anyone that may be trying to do me harm but just leave me alone because I am not a terrorist

No we want the government to do its job and find terrorists like they always have, surveilience and intell, and yes the use of profiling. Not turning its sights on the entire American population and assuming everyone is a suspect untill they have been searched.

Forum List

Back