You are a great American!

Hey there MR COURAGE. Why dont you lead the way for us?
After all, you are my hero.

No, wait, YOU lead? Me thinks not, leaders have to have original ideas, me thinks you should stay in the lemming pack.
You should watch American History X, great movie, it will show you how you are being used by your leaders, their only goal is power and money

Oh billy boy, oh billy boy, the cliff is approaching fast !!!!

Dude, you look like Alan Alda (betcha haven't heard THAT before!).:cool:

Dude, you look like Alan Alda (betcha haven't heard THAT before!).:cool:
Young Alan or old? hahhahha
Actually I have heard that a few times, until Vigo Mortenson came along, which I hear almost daily. WIsh I could make some money off it.
My greater concern is who my daughter will wind up looking like, if anyone.

Young Alan or old? hahhahha
Actually I have heard that a few times, until Vigo Mortenson came along, which I hear almost daily. WIsh I could make some money off it.
My greater concern is who my daughter will wind up looking like, if anyone.

Ya you got both those looks indeed. Before I read this post I was thinking exactly that LOL.

busted? I think not.

"I am only a proud American who is incensed with the partisan idiocy that has put love of power and love OF Bush OVER love of country. In another time, these people would be tried for treason, but because it is their party that controls the executive and judicial branches of government, they are not only not incarcerated as traitors, they hold themselves out to be, inexplicably, patriots. The time is coming when that will change. I only hope we have enough jail cells, or walls in lonely prison courtyards, to hold them all."

If you haven't noticed by now, I tend to chose my words carefully most of the time, even if many of them are saltier than some folks like.

In the above paragraph, I am putting MYSELF up as a proud American and contrasting MY patriotism with "those people" who "love Bush". I am not comparing myself to Bush himself...ever. Nowhere in that sentence do I ever refer to Bush as a traitor, do I?

What else ya got?:eusa_dance:

Hey there MR COURAGE. Why dont you lead the way for us?
After all, you are my hero.

No, wait, YOU lead? Me thinks not, leaders have to have original ideas, me thinks you should stay in the lemming pack.
You should watch American History X, great movie, it will show you how you are being used by your leaders, their only goal is power and money

Oh billy boy, oh billy boy, the cliff is approaching fast !!!!

that movie is the perfect example of what is happening to William! good call!

busted? I think not.

"I am only a proud American who is incensed with the partisan idiocy that has put love of power and love OF Bush OVER love of country. In another time, these people would be tried for treason, but because it is their party that controls the executive and judicial branches of government, they are not only not incarcerated as traitors, they hold themselves out to be, inexplicably, patriots. The time is coming when that will change. I only hope we have enough jail cells, or walls in lonely prison courtyards, to hold them all."

If you haven't noticed by now, I tend to chose my words carefully most of the time, even if many of them are saltier than some folks like.

In the above paragraph, I am putting MYSELF up as a proud American and contrasting MY patriotism with "those people" who "love Bush". I am not comparing myself to Bush himself...ever. Nowhere in that sentence do I ever refer to Bush as a traitor, do I?

I got it. I stand corrected.

busted? I think not.

Maybe, but my "OWNED" picture is still funny as hell. LOL :razz:

Maybe, but my "OWNED" picture is still funny as hell. LOL :razz:

interesting note: my computer displays your purportedly funny "owned" picture as a tiny white box with a red X in it...

so you'll understand why I don't share your laughter!

Yeah, but who really cares? It's just a gimmick. They all use them. In Hannity's case, I think at least it forces us to consider what being a great American is.

Obviously, not everyone who calls him is a great American.

I believe we don't have to get as technical as all that. Sean Hannity appreciates certain views and values that he thinks are attributable to and held by 'great Americans' which include many (most?) Americans of all socioeconomic groups.

So when somebody calls Sean with the catch phrase 'you're a great American' they are affirming those views and values and therefore qualify as being a 'great American'.

The catch phrase, for instance, on Limbaugh's show is 'dittos' meaning that basically, for the most part, you are expressing what I believe about most issues.

I believe we don't have to get as technical as all that. Sean Hannity appreciates certain views and values that he thinks are attributable to and held by 'great Americans' which include many (most?) Americans of all socioeconomic groups.

So when somebody calls Sean with the catch phrase 'you're a great American' they are affirming those views and values and therefore qualify as being a 'great American'.

The catch phrase, for instance, on Limbaugh's show is 'dittos' meaning that basically, for the most part, you are expressing what I believe about most issues.

you're a great American

busted? I think not.

I'm not even gonna play this. Obviously, those people who should be tried for treason should only be tried for supporting an alleged traitor; otherwise, why should they be tried for treason? Intent of statement is clear as a bell.

So yeah, it's what I've got cuz it's all I need.

I'm not even gonna play this. Obviously, those people who should be tried for treason should only be tried for supporting an alleged traitor; otherwise, why should they be tried for treason? Intent of statement is clear as a bell.

So yeah, it's what I've got cuz it's all I need.

others would, and have, tended to disagree. I have never called Bush a traitor and you can only tap dance....

but you do it well!

others would, and have, tended to disagree. I have never called Bush a traitor and you can only tap dance....

but you do it well!

I'm not dancing at all. You got nailed. Simple as that. And that was just the first thread I ran into. Took you about 24 hours to figure out a way to imply you meant other than what the clear implication is.

But whatever. Not worth arguing about.

I can certainly agree with that.

oh... and you are a great american!

I'm an American. I'm not "great" because of it anymore than I'm a "hero" because I served 20 years in the Marines and went where I was told to go and did what I was supposed to do.

I don't agree with hannity using the word "great" anymore than I agree with those who automatically call those who serve "heroes."

I pay my taxes and I vote, and I will die standing over the Constitution, not a politician nor a political party. If that's all it takes to be "great," the bar is pretty low. I consider it doing what's right, and i'll do it no matter what I'm called for it.

I'm an American. I'm not "great" because of it anymore than I'm a "hero" because I served 20 years in the Marines and went where I was told to go and did what I was supposed to do.

I don't agree with hannity using the word "great" anymore than I agree with those who automatically call those who serve "heroes."

I pay my taxes and I vote, and I will die standing over the Constitution, not a politician nor a political party. If that's all it takes to be "great," the bar is pretty low. I consider it doing what's right, and i'll do it no matter what I'm called for it.

I am standing right with you gunny

You're going to play this game? You really are going to play dumb to accusing Bush of treason?:shock:

You get positive rep from me when you earn it. You neg-rep me, you get it back.

As far as anything else goes, that's YOU talking, not me. I was talking in terms of rep points, period.

Don't worry, I will give you a postive point! You are a great American!

Huh? Wow, my boards don't work that way. Oh well,..if I had some, you can bet I would do it.

Detmurds
Retired US Navy Chief Petty Officer

Bravo-Zulu!

Huh? Wow, my boards don't work that way. Oh well,..if I had some, you can bet I would do it.

Detmurds
Retired US Navy Chief Petty Officer

Bravo-Zulu!

Look up at the top of the board in Announcements. I explain the rep system in detail.

It's no big deal. I appreciate the sentiment.

And welcome aboard, Chief. Be sure to hit the vet thread in the Military subforum.

Forum List

Back