VIP Member
Dec 29, 2006
guess
Overheard on the Sean Hannity Show this afternoon on the drive home from work:

Sean: “Let’s go to Fred from Chicago. Fred, you’re on the Sean Hannity Show”

Fred: “Sean, thanks for taking my call. You are a great American”

Sean: Fred, YOU are a great American...”

STOP RIGHT THERE!

How in the world can Sean Hannity possibly know that this disembodied voice claiming to be Fred from Chicago belongs to a man who is, in fact, a “GREAT AMERICAN”???? The ONLY thing that Sean Hannity knows about Fred is that Fred thinks that SEAN is a great American. Is Sean Hannity so egocentric and vain that he believes the someone’s expression of HIS “great American“-ness is all it takes to make that someone a “great American” as well?

I immediately flashed to a Star Trek episode where Vulcans greated one another with “Live Long and Prosper”.

“You are a Great American” “You are a Great American”... it has become a greeting for people who apparently don’t have a clue what it means.

If Jeffrey Dahmer were alive today and called Sean Hannity and Sean had said, Let’s go to Jeffrey from Milwaukee. Jeffrey, you’re on the Sean Hannity Show and Jeffrey had said, Sean you are a great American, you KNOW that Hannity would have replied, And YOU are a “great American“, Jeffrey... or... YOU are a “great American“, Tim McVeigh... or... YOU are a “great American“, Benedict Arnold.

It is clear to me that Sean Hannity does not have a fucking CLUE what being a “great American” entails. It CERTAINLY entails MORE than being an adoring fan of Sean Hannity, that is for DAMNED sure.

Yeah, but who really cares? It's just a gimmick. They all use them. In Hannity's case, I think at least it forces us to consider what being a great American is.

Obviously, not everyone who calls him is a great American.

Overheard on the Sean Hannity Show this afternoon on the drive home from work:

Sean: “Let’s go to Fred from Chicago. Fred, you’re on the Sean Hannity Show”

Fred: “Sean, thanks for taking my call. You are a great American”

Sean: Fred, YOU are a great American...”

STOP RIGHT THERE!

How in the world can Sean Hannity possibly know that this disembodied voice claiming to be Fred from Chicago belongs to a man who is, in fact, a “GREAT AMERICAN”???? The ONLY thing that Sean Hannity knows about Fred is that Fred thinks that SEAN is a great American. Is Sean Hannity so egocentric and vain that he believes the someone’s expression of HIS “great American“-ness is all it takes to make that someone a “great American” as well?

I immediately flashed to a Star Trek episode where Vulcans greated one another with “Live Long and Prosper”.

“You are a Great American” “You are a Great American”... it has become a greeting for people who apparently don’t have a clue what it means.

If Jeffrey Dahmer were alive today and called Sean Hannity and Sean had said, Let’s go to Jeffrey from Milwaukee. Jeffrey, you’re on the Sean Hannity Show and Jeffrey had said, Sean you are a great American, you KNOW that Hannity would have replied, And YOU are a “great American“, Jeffrey... or... YOU are a “great American“, Tim McVeigh... or... YOU are a “great American“, Benedict Arnold.

It is clear to me that Sean Hannity does not have a fucking CLUE what being a “great American” entails. It CERTAINLY entails MORE than being an adoring fan of Sean Hannity, that is for DAMNED sure.

How freekin' PETTY can you get.....Sean could make the same mistake if
YOU CALLED ! :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo:

Hannity is afraid of offending liberals. Colmes is afraid of offending conservatives. Between the two of them, it's a pretty weak brew.

No doubt about that. Throw in the fact that neither of them can find a different drum to beat and you get a tired weak brew.

• Banned
How freekin' PETTY can you get.....Sean could make the same mistake if
YOU CALLED !

If I called, and he gave his stock Vulcan greeting answer, he'd be RIGHT for a change.

But then, even a stopped clock is right twice a day!

nanu nanu:eusa_dance:

If I called, and he gave his stock Vulcan greeting answer, he'd be RIGHT for a change.

But then, even a stopped clock is right twice a day!

nanu nanu:eusa_dance:

That a fact? Define "Great American." You say things on here I hardly consider "great", and/or representative of American values.

Bullshit? How many times have you accused the President of the United States of Treason and/or being a traitor?

Oh, and don't neg-rep again for calling your hand ... I can make it hurt ....

a couple of quick observations:

1. if you would find ONE quote from me where I called Bush a traitor or guilty of treason, that would be real nice.

2..and if you couldn't, a positive rep would be real nice

3. and you need to realize that negative reputation comments from you or anyone else don't actually "hurt" me or anyone else. If you want to ban me.... that might bother me some, but negative reputation points? I could give a flying fuck about. OK?

a couple of quick observations:

1. if you would find ONE quote from me where I called Bush a traitor or guilty of treason, that would be real nice.

2..and if you couldn't, a positive rep would be real nice

3. and you need to realize that negative reputation comments from you or anyone else don't actually "hurt" me or anyone else. If you want to ban me.... that might bother me some, but negative reputation points? I could give a flying fuck about. OK?

You're going to play this game? You really are going to play dumb to accusing Bush of treason?:shock:

You get positive rep from me when you earn it. You neg-rep me, you get it back.

As far as anything else goes, that's YOU talking, not me. I was talking in terms of rep points, period.

You're going to play this game? You really are going to play dumb to accusing Bush of treason?:shock:

You get positive rep from me when you earn it. You neg-rep me, you get it back.

As far as anything else goes, that's YOU talking, not me. I was talking in terms of rep points, period.

I do not think I have ever accused the president of treason. I have accused him of being an idiot and of launching a stupid war, but I do not think I have ever accused him of treason.

If you can prove me wrong, I suggest you do so....

if not, I suggest you retract that.

OwnedTampon.jpg

Hannity is afraid of offending liberals. Colmes is afraid of offending conservatives. Between the two of them, it's a pretty weak brew.

Hey there MR COURAGE. Why dont you lead the way for us?
After all, you are my hero.

No, wait, YOU lead? Me thinks not, leaders have to have original ideas, me thinks you should stay in the lemming pack.
You should watch American History X, great movie, it will show you how you are being used by your leaders, their only goal is power and money

Oh billy boy, oh billy boy, the cliff is approaching fast !!!!

Forum List

Back