Zone1 Yom Kippur starts Sunday the 24th

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
I have found if much more difficult to fast of late but I will try for this day. Abstaining from sex won't be a problem for me as it were.

To all those celebrating, enjoy your tradition. To those who don't, join me in fasting.

It’s also not an all-or-nothing proposition. People who take daily medications generally maintain those routines through Yom Kippur, even if they are fasting. Some people take on some aspects of the fast but not all: They might refrain from eating but drink water during the day, or just fast for part of the day. Some people who can’t fast for health reasons choose to donate the equivalent of one day’s worth of meals to a food bank to honor the tradition. Whether someone identifies as Jewish or not, everyone is welcome to participate in fasting.

A Quick Guide To Fasting On Yom Kippur.

If you want to have a fasting buddy I can do it from sundown Sunday to sundown Monday. No Prob. But I will have water.

Well, I am not Jewish, but from what I understand it is from Sunset Sunday until Sunset on Monday, so that is the duration in which I will try to fast. I think water is forbidden which could be a problem but I will have to refresh my memory.
My Church observes Yom Kippur. I will be joining you and many others on that Holy Day.

This is the traditional teaching both for the Jews and the Church of God:

Water is traditionally prohibited on the fast day, but health concerns take precedence. The 25-hour Yom Kippur fast is not an easy one, particularly when the weather is hot. In addition to abstaining from food, traditional Jewish observance of the fast includes abstaining from water.

An interesting video of the next Holy Day after the Day of Atonement (Yom Kippur).

If you don't yet, you should understand the symbolism behind these days and why God requires all of us to observe them.

Well, I am not Jewish, but from what I understand it is from Sunset Sunday until Sunset on Monday, so that is the duration in which I will try to fast. I think water is forbidden which could be a problem but I will have to refresh my memory.
the fast begins in my area tonight at 6:32 and ends tomorrow night at 7:31. There are a number of things we abstain from:
eating
drinking
wearing leather shoes
sex
washing/applying makeup and creams

the fast begins in my area tonight at 6:32 and ends tomorrow night at 7:31. There are a number of things we abstain from:
eating
drinking
wearing leather shoes
sex
washing/applying makeup and creams
7:09 pm where I am from. I wll eat and drink all I can before that time. The water fast will be a task.

I have found if much more difficult to fast of late but I will try for this day. Abstaining from sex won't be a problem for me as it were.

To all those celebrating, enjoy your tradition. To those who don't, join me in fasting.
I joined you and started yesterday. I didn't think about the fact it means no smoking weed. But I said I would so I won't partake today.

Were you able to fast with no water as well?

Forum List

Back