Yom ha'Shoah

May the memory of Aryeh Even be for a blessing. May we finally learn the fate of that extraordinay man, Raoul Wallenberg, who rescued Aryeh and thousands of innocent Jewish lives during the Shoah. And, in the merit of nurse Rachel Gemara who cared for Mr Even -- and all the health workers et al., who are showing loving kindness in this difficult time -- may this affliction, which the world is currently experiencing, soon be over.

Thank you. I am not Jewish. I am simply a human being. This massacre occurred some years before I was born, but it serves to instruct all of us humans. None of us among the living can know what happens when we die, but I wish that all of those who were murdered now reside in a better place in which there is no sorrow or horror and they can embrace their loved ones and find happiness. What happened to them on this earth is beyond imagining. All that I can say, for me, is that I will always do my best to stop this from ever occurring again.

Thank you. I am not Jewish. I am simply a human being. This massacre occurred some years before I was born, but it serves to instruct all of us humans. None of us among the living can know what happens when we die, but I wish that all of those who were murdered now reside in a better place in which there is no sorrow or horror and they can embrace their loved ones and find happiness. What happened to them on this earth is beyond imagining. All that I can say, for me, is that I will always do my best to stop this from ever occurring again.
What a wonderful person you must be. Need more like you. May love & peace be forever with you.

What a wonderful person you must be. Need more like you. May love & peace be forever with you.
Thank you so much! I wish that you and yours live lives full of love, peace, and joy.

I'm not good all of the time. Sometimes I'm bad. But I try to be better than I am capable of. When I quit Catholicism as a teenager, I went to sit with the Quakers at the Meeting House. I loved them. But they wanted no one to act in anger and I struggled with this because there are times when I want to crack somebody's skull.

If you haven't seen it, there is a series on Youtube called Strictly Kosher, which follows the orthodox Jewish community in Manchester, England. There is a Holocaust survivor named Jack Aisenberg on it. I think that this man qualifies as a saint. So beautiful. I hope that he is still with us.

I hope that we humans all join together and learn to care for each other as brothers and sisters.

Sending love.

Iraq: Remembering the Farhud

It started on June 1st, 1941. For two days, a vicious mob in Baghdad, Iraq, went from door to door. Killing, raping, looting. The pogrom, known as the Farhud in Arabic, was a shocking turning point for the local Jewish community. 180 Jews were killed. Within a decade, most of the Jews of Iraq fled the country...

"All Jews of the world had to be anninilated ... [t]here was never an idea in Nazi minds to murder all the Russians." -- Yehuda Bauer, Holocaust scholar

I read the article, and if you are saying that the 5 milliom Gentiles who were killed by the Nazis or the 50 million ppl killed during WW2 should never be memtioned, I disagree. We can mention them and still honor the memory of the 6 million Jews.

I'm also gentile and my sentiments are the same. Thank you

"All Jews of the world had to be anninilated ... [t]here was never an idea in Nazi minds to murder all the Russians." -- Yehuda Bauer, Holocaust scholar

I read the article, and if you are saying that the 5 milliom Gentiles who were killed by the Nazis or the 50 million ppl killed during WW2 should never be memtioned, I disagree. We can mention them and still honor the memory of the 6 million Jews.
No one is disputing the mentioning of the non-Jewish victims in the Nazi concentration camps -- just the inaccuracy of the "five million" figure. The number is closer to five hundred thousand.

It bothers me that some people try to negate what happened on such a scale to the Jews by saying that other people were also murdered by the Nazis. While true, Jews were targeted specifically on the basis of the religion they practiced and were murdered in the most horrific amounts by people who built brick-and-mortar buildings specifically intended to murder people; men, women, children, the elderly.

I will never erase from my mind the pictures of the little boy with his hands raised in the Warsaw ghetto, the naked women lined up for the gas chambers and trying to cover themselves, and boxes of wedding rings and all that is represented by them of love and family lost. Same goes for the picture of the Turkish man at another time dangling bread in front of starving Armenian kids.

We humans have to see the light. Our religions don't seem capable of leading the people in this regard, and many encourage this behavior. So we must come up with another alternative.

Just a note that, due to problems with two laptops, I'm working with a slow android tablet and a cheap portable keyboard, so please excuse me if this post is a mess.

No one is disputing the mentioning of the non-Jewish victims in the Nazi concentration camps -- just the inaccuracy of the "five million" figure. The number is closer to five hundred thousand.
There were just 500,000 Roma. What about the physically and mentally disabled, gays, political dissidents, JW's, Soviet POW's, etc. I think every life is valuable, even if Jews were especially hated and hunted.

Forum List

Back