Yet another reason I like Tina Fey

Palin has no trouble at all running with the big boys.

Which is why the left hates her.
The left don’t ‘hate’ Palin, but they do consider her an idiot:

In 2008 Palin told Katie Couric that the Constitution does, in fact, guarantee “an inherent right to privacy,” à la Roe v. Wade, but added that “individual states…can handle an issue like that.” Unfortunately, Palin’s hypothesis would only be viable in a world without the Fourteenth Amendment, which gave Washington sole responsibility for safeguarding all constitutional rights.

How Tea Partiers Get the Constitution Wrong - Newsweek
And for good reason.

Does that mean that any state laws that go further than the federal laws in guaranteeing civil liberties are invalid, or does it mean that you are an idiot?

and isn't it great in america we have the choice to listen/watch to whoever we want?

Or the choice not to watch.....

People on here parrot what is said on all of these so called 'political' shows, be it the left or the right.

What would be even better is if people could think for themselves, instead of having others think for them.

You know who i miss? Tim russert. Loved watching him on sundays.

:clap2:

I agree. But, as an observation... I have yet to see anyone from the right call for any commentator on the left to be silenced. That's because freedom matters more. It is a pity that the left don't learn that.

pbs/npr

Trying to end subsidies ≠ trying to silence.

I think we've established that nobody from the right has called for the silencing of anyone.

I think she rocks, not only because she's smart and sassy, but because she offers and quick, concise and correct insight into the mind of the American neocon. She recently completed the Proust Questionnaire in Vanity Fair magazine. Two of her answers summed up neocons. Note, she doesn't mention the rabid rigth, but her answers decribe them (well on this board anyway) to a T....Allie, Willow, Cesspit, Tank, T, Bigreb

What is the trait you most deplore in others?
People who are proud of their ignorance.

What is it that you most dislike?
People who mock education as elitist.

What is the rabid 'rigth'? Is that some kind of bunny crime of passion?

Yea, this "educated" author can't seem to figure out how to use a spell checker......... typical.

I think we've established that nobody from the right has called for the silencing of anyone.

Tell the Dixie Chicks....

Exactly who has silenced them or even tried to?

You do understand the difference between choosing to no longer paying them to listen to their music and trying to prevent them from ever saying anything dont you?

I think she rocks, not only because she's smart and sassy, but because she offers and quick, concise and correct insight into the mind of the American neocon. She recently completed the Proust Questionnaire in Vanity Fair magazine. Two of her answers summed up neocons. Note, she doesn't mention the rabid rigth, but her answers decribe them (well on this board anyway) to a T....Allie, Willow, Cesspit, Tank, T, Bigreb

What is the trait you most deplore in others?
People who are proud of their ignorance.

What is it that you most dislike?
People who mock education as elitist.

What is the rabid 'rigth'? Is that some kind of bunny crime of passion?

Yea, this "educated" author can't seem to figure out how to use a spell checker......... typical.

Because I have more important things to do....

You do understand the difference between choosing to no longer paying them to listen to their music and trying to prevent them from ever saying anything dont you?

Oh, pardon me...my bad. You know threatening to pull their songs, and not buy their songs due to a political statement is not silencing them...no, no, no...:talk2hand::talk2hand::talk2hand::talk2hand:

If you believe that I've got a bridge to sell you in brooklyn..:cuckoo:

Oh, pardon me...my bad. You know threatening to pull their songs, and not buy their songs due to a political statement is not silencing them...no, no, no...:talk2hand::talk2hand::talk2hand::talk2hand:

So now we are obligated to purchase songs of musicians we may not like for whatever reason or we are silencing them? I guess I'm silencing Eminem. Funny. He doesn't seem very silenced to me.

You have seriously come up with one of the most illogical arguments I've ever seen there. If I put you on ignore are you silenced because i choose not to listen to you? hardly. You are still free to say whatever you want. Simply because you are free to say what you want doesnt mean I have any obligation to listen to you. In fact, I have the right not to.

So now we are obligated to purchase songs of musicians we may not like for whatever reason or we are silencing them? I guess I'm silencing Eminem. Funny. He doesn't seem very silenced to me.

You have seriously come up with one of the most illogical arguments I've ever seen there. If I put you on ignore are you silenced because i choose not to listen to you? hardly. You are still free to say whatever you want. Simply because you are free to say what you want doesnt mean I have any obligation to listen to you. In fact, I have the right not to.

I agree with some of what you say. But please, don't be so ignorant as to say that threatening not to buy something because of a political statement they said is not an attempt at silencing.

If you were a fan of eminem and you stopped buying his stuff because he makes a political statement, then that is a form of censorship. If you didn't like him in the first place, then your point is moot.

Clint Eastwood, Arnie, John Wayne, Gene Simmons, Adam Sandler, Joan Allen - I could go on. All have endorsed or supported a Republican candidate at one time or another and I would never stop watching their movies or buying their movies because of it. Again, another point of difference between us normal folk and right-wing loons.....

Edit:
So if you call for the boycott of a product due to a political statement, if that is not trying to silence somebody, what is it?

Last edited:
Exhibit A...although I must say I never really saw Avatar in this category....

You are surprised that I like geniune education and intelligence rather than people pretending they are educated simply because they have a degree?

I've been through graduate school. I work with professionals with advanced degrees all the time. Degrees are truly meaningless.

Depends on the school....and the educators. But back to the Op Ed...certain people show disdain for education for no other reason, and intelligent, educated person can make them look stupid....

It's truly amazing that an "educated" guy, such as yourself, is so pathetic at simple communication....... I can't believe how poorly you write. You certainly aren't the intelligent, educated person that can make anyone look stupid .......except for yourself, that is...... you're quite talented at doing that.

Tina Fey is easily one of the most overrated celebrities since Will Ferrell. Neither have any idea what true comedy is, they both make a living by performing sophomoric imitations that are not only weak at best but show absolutely no creativity at all. Every line that comes out of either of these hacks is so predictable that it makes them impossible to watch. 30 Rock is possibly the worst shows to ever get an audience on television, no doubt mostly dimwitted New Yorkers. A show that revolves around the biggest hack comedians of all time, Tracy Morgan????? Only Tina Fey would find him funny or even bearable to be around.

Your infatuation with this imbecile is embarrassing but also predictable. I am amazed but not surprised that you would waste whatever money you spent on a book supposedly written by her.

I agree with some of what you say. But please, don't be so ignorant as to say that threatening not to buy something because of a political statement they said is not an attempt at silencing.

If you were a fan of eminem and you stopped buying his stuff because he makes a political statement, then that is a form of censorship. If you didn't like him in the first place, then your point is moot.

Clint Eastwood, Arnie, John Wayne, Gene Simmons, Adam Sandler, Joan Allen - I could go on. All have endorsed or supported a Republican candidate at one time or another and I would never stop watching their movies or buying their movies because of it. Again, another point of difference between us normal folk and right-wing loons.....

Edit:
So if you call for the boycott of a product due to a political statement, if that is not trying to silence somebody, what is it?

You are a fucking idiot.

Really.

This is why there's no point in arguing with these yahoos. They don't understand simple concepts, and refuse to learn. It's a waste of time and breath to talk to them.

So tell me, dump...am I attempting to silence you if I refuse to engage in an argument with you? Because ultimately, I'm refusing to engage in argument with you in order to prevent my being from being assailed by your idiocy.

You are surprised that I like geniune education and intelligence rather than people pretending they are educated simply because they have a degree?

I've been through graduate school. I work with professionals with advanced degrees all the time. Degrees are truly meaningless.

Depends on the school....and the educators. But back to the Op Ed...certain people show disdain for education for no other reason, and intelligent, educated person can make them look stupid....

It's truly amazing that an "educated" guy, such as yourself, is so pathetic at simple communication....... I can't believe how poorly you write. You certainly aren't the intelligent, educated person that can make anyone look stupid .......except for yourself, that is...... you're quite talented at doing that.

And yet my chosen profession is a journalist/editor, which I have been employed as for the past 18 years.

Yours is supposedly a photographer, yet you're a baggage handler at an airport in Nowheresville....

Well maybe I can't make anyone look stupid, but you and Allie are easy marks for sure...

Last edited:
So tell me, dump...am I attempting to silence you if I refuse to engage in an argument with you? Because ultimately, I'm refusing to engage in argument with you in order to prevent my being from being assailed by your idiocy.

No, I would say that you have finally realised that civil debate and intelligence discourse are beyond you and you have moved on.

Then again, dumbfuck trailer trash like yourself very rarely see the obvious....

Last edited:

Forum List

Back