Yes Yes Yes!

Ummm, do we tax illegals to begin with? Not sure how they would fill out the forms without SS #s etc.....

I could tell you. We provide health care all the time to ppl without ss #s.

Like any other similar program, they would be required to produce some proof that they are income eligible to receive a government subsidy to join the public plan, or even to buy one at the lower premium rate. Do you think that even the public plan won't ask for any information other than a name?

Why when they talk about 45-50 million Americans in this country without insurance, they are including the illegals?

The first couple of sections make it clear that if you have insurance BEFORE Obamacare goes into effect you can keep it, BUT the insurer isn't allowed to take on any new clients after Day 1 that the bill goes into effect (meaning if you change jobs you either pay COBRA fees or you hop onto Obamacare because you're new job won't be able to add you to their policy) and that insurer's can't change policies once Obamacare goes into effect either. Meaning if your needs change you can't change your insurance to meet those needs.

No, it doesn't.

Do you know what "grandfathered" means, btw?

I not only quoted the section of the Bill I was talking about but I also gave a link to the entire thing. And yes I know what "Grandfathered" means, especially since it defines it immediately as a policy in place before day 1 of this bill takes effect. It then immediately limits new enrollment which does mean that if you change jobs you have no choice but then switch to Obamacare because enrollment in a new plan after THE FIRST DAY the bill takes effect isn't allowed.

I was mistaken however when I said that YOU couldn't change your plan. I read that section wrong...it said the INSURER couldn't change the plan.

Forum List

Back