Yes or no.......

Ringel05

Diamond Member
Aug 5, 2009
Duke City
When I lived in El Paso my favorite gun store had an original 1863 Sharps carbine conversion (in very good shape) for $2500, that was over a year ago. On a whim I called to see if they still have it, not only do they still have it they offered to sell it to me for $1500...... Funds are still a little tight but I could probably do it, maybe........

wm_8257495.jpg

Decisions, decisions.......

Not to mention that this one has old Japanese Imperial markings on it. Was probably part of a surplus arms sale to Japan back in the late 1800s.

Not to mention that this one has old Japanese Imperial markings on it. Was probably part of a surplus arms sale to Japan back in the late 1800s.

talk them down to 1000, then grab it

talk them down to 1000, then grab it
That would be nice...... That's my intent.
:thup:

They've already dropped it a grand, and it hasn't sold.

they should be open for offers.
They had it for a couple of years at least.

No, it's very old. How ya gonna shoot that?
I have a Springfield 45/70 Model 1884 that I fired as recently as July 4. My father bought it in 1928 for 50 cents. I also have a Hughes 20 Gauge muzzle loading shotgun made made in England around 1895 and given to my Grandfather when he was 12 in 1896. I would be afraid to fire it because the barrels are Damascus twist.

If you don't buy it, you'll kick yourself until the end of time.

So buy it, save yourself years of recrimnations.

When I lived in El Paso my favorite gun store had an original 1863 Sharps carbine conversion (in very good shape) for $2500, that was over a year ago. On a whim I called to see if they still have it, not only do they still have it they offered to sell it to me for $1500...... Funds are still a little tight but I could probably do it, maybe........

wm_8257495.jpg

That's a steal of a price. The thing looks cherry. If you pass on it, you will never forgive yourself. Opportunities like this rarely come twice.

wm_8257495.jpg

Here is what you do, you buy the gun and some ammo and then go take back your money with the gun.

It's not rocket science.

wm_8257495.jpg

Here is what you do, you buy the gun and some ammo and then go take back your money with the gun.

It's not rocket science.

That sounds kinda fishy to me.

Kind of depends on what the inside of the barrel looks like. Can you put a few rounds on a target before purchase?

Kind of depends on what the inside of the barrel looks like. Can you put a few rounds on a target before purchase?

That doesn't look very used for its age. No stock damage I can see, beautiful wood.

That doesn't look very used for its age. No stock damage I can see, beautiful wood.
Ya, but you can get burned. Big money for a wall hanger. Guess you can tell a lot from a visual. Depends on how good you are at making a visual inspection.

Ya, but you can get burned. Big money for a wall hanger. Guess you can tell a lot from a visual. Depends on how good you are at making a visual inspection.

In hindsight, that foregrip does have some damage.

Forum List

Back