Yep, another judge stops Trump from MAGA

That it is an indispensable duty which we owe to God, our country, ourselves, and posterity, by all lawful ways and means in our power, to maintain, defend, and preserve those civil and religious rights and liberties for which many of our fathers fought, bled, and died, and to hand them
nice quote
Thank you , just popped in my head
Yeah right... don’t take credit for other people’s work. That’s not respectable. I know that passage
Well hi nice to meet cha. Glad you like my work
man, you’re taking deplorable to a whole new level. Claiming words from the first continental congress are your own... grow up man, you get more and more pathetic the deeper you dig.

… it is an indispensable duty which we owe to God, our country, ourselves and posterity, by all lawful ways and means in our power to maintain, defend and preserve these civil and religious rights and liberties for which many of our fathers fought, bled and died, and to hand them down entire to future generations.

The First Continental Congress - Providence Forum
I would have such a government as should give every man the greatest liberty to do what he pleases consistent with restraining him from doing any injury to another, or such a government as would most contribute to the good of the whole, with the least inconvenience to individual.

That it is an indispensable duty which we owe to God, our country, ourselves, and posterity, by all lawful ways and means in our power, to maintain, defend, and preserve those civil and religious rights and liberties for which many of our fathers fought, bled, and died, and to hand them
nice quote
Thank you , just popped in my head
Yeah right... don’t take credit for other people’s work. That’s not respectable. I know that passage
Well hi nice to meet cha. Glad you like my work
man, you’re taking deplorable to a whole new level. Claiming words from the first continental congress are your own... grow up man, you get more and more pathetic the deeper you dig.

… it is an indispensable duty which we owe to God, our country, ourselves and posterity, by all lawful ways and means in our power to maintain, defend and preserve these civil and religious rights and liberties for which many of our fathers fought, bled and died, and to hand them down entire to future generations.

The First Continental Congress - Providence Forum
Hmm interesting.. I guess great minds think alike

US judge blocks President Trump’s health insurance rule for immigrants

PORTLAND, Ore. — A federal judge in Portland, Oregon, on Saturday put on hold a Trump administration rule requiring immigrants prove they will have health insurance or can pay for medical care before they can get visas.

U.S. District Judge Michael Simon granted a temporary restraining order that prevents the rule from going into effect Sunday. It’s not clear when he will rule on the merits of the case.

Seven U.S. citizens and a nonprofit organization filed the federal lawsuit Wednesday contending the rule would block nearly two-thirds of all prospective legal immigrants.

The lawsuit also said the rule would greatly reduce or eliminate the number of immigrants who enter the United States with family sponsored visas.

“We’re very grateful that the court recognized the need to block the health care ban immediately,” says Justice Action Center senior litigator Esther Sung, who argued at Saturday’s hearing on behalf of the plaintiffs. “The ban would separate families and cut two-thirds of green-card-based immigration starting tonight, were the ban not stopped.”

So what are we up to now, about 30 times a judge has stopped Trump from doing his job in three years? Then the Democrats keep asking why Trump isn't accomplishing more, in spite of all he has accomplished. Look you people, if your leftist organizations would stay out of his way, Trump could be accomplishing much more.
Seriously, what is it going to take for people to realize
we need to replace the entire Congress

If men were angels, no government would be necessary.
If angels were to govern men, neither external
nor internal controls on government would be necessary.
In framing a government which is to be administered
by men over men, the great difficulty lies in this:
you must first enable the government to control the governed;
and in the next place, oblige it to control itself.

James Madison, Federalist No. 51, February 8, 1788

An elective despotism was not the government we fought for;
but one in which the powers of government should be
so divided and balanced among the several bodies of magistracy
as that no one could transcend their legal limits without being
effectually checked and restrained by the others.

James Madison, Federalist No. 58, 1788

My confidence is that there will for a long time be virtue
and good sense enough in our countrymen to correct abuses.

Thomas Jefferson, letter to Edward Rutledge, 1788

On every unauthoritative exercise of power by the legislature
must the people rise in rebellion or their silence be construed
into a surrender of that power to them?
If so, how many rebellions should we have had already?

Thomas Jefferson, Notes on the State of Virginia, Query 12, 1782

The natural cure for an ill-administration,
in a popular or representative constitution, is a change of men.

Alexander Hamilton, Federalist No. 21, 1787

The same prudence which in private life would forbid
our paying our own money for unexplained projects,
forbids it in the dispensation of the public moneys.

Thomas Jefferson, letter to Shelton Gilliam, June 19, 1808

We must not let our rulers load us with perpetual debt.

Thomas Jefferson, letter to Samuel Kercheval, July 12, 1816

Government is instituted for the common good;
for the protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness of the people;
and not for profit, honor, or private interest of any one man,
family, or class of men; therefore, the people alone
have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right
to institute government; and to reform, alter, or totally change the same, when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it.

John Adams, Thoughts on Government, 1776

The fabric of American empire ought to rest on
the solid basis of THE CONSENT OF THE PEOPLE.
The streams of national power ought to flow from
that pure, original fountain of all legitimate authority.

Alexander Hamilton, Federalist No. 22, December 14, 1787

Wherever the real power in a Government lies,
there is the danger of oppression.

James Madison, letter to Thomas Jefferson, October 17, 1788

What we are really talking about here is the violation of the separation of powers. Because of these Democrat appointed judges, we now have a judicial system that overrides and even attempts to control the executive branch unjustly.

This is not an isolated case. It's been done repeatedly on the immigration issue. Trump creates a constructive plan to retard or stop immigration problems, and the commie judges simply stop him in his tracks.

Since Trump entered the White House, all we heard from the left is about his abuse of executive power. But for whatever reason, they have no problem with judiciary abuse of power, as long as it benefits them.

For that mandate absolutely! Giving foreigners my tax money for their healthcare should absolutely not be contested
Ok good, feel free to bitch away then and when a dem takes over and gets challenged by the republicans I’ll call on you to defend the “let him govern” argument.
Empty bluster considering the next Dem POTUS has not yet been born. :lol:

I think we need a compromise. If the illegals need care and can't afford it, we'll let them take out a loan that has to be repaid. Loans not repaid in a year by go-fund-me shall result in a one-way trip to the person's country of origin with a bill handed to their government for reparations. If somebody else can think of a way to stop bilking the taxpayer about this, please write it objectively for consideration. We don't want to be overbearing, but we also cannot take people sicker than the person treated and make them pay for it, which frequently happens locally and elsewhere. Also, there are some Americans who furnish free care after retirement, as a service to humanity. We need to check out all options to both be kindly to the people who need help and the taxpayer who can't afford insurance because he is paying to raise a family, pays unconcionable local taxes, and may him or herself be poorer than someone who works for a living, even for minimum wages.

We need to stop screaming at each other and go for objectives in the Americanization of foreigners who came here for a free meal and lounging around. Just as many came here for the hope for work and a future of learning the give- and- take of citizenship in this great nation. The free meal and lounging arounders, we need a place to convince them that working for a living and contributing their part to society is a requirement and is expected of natives who grew up here and those who truly wish to join the nation that so far has benefitted the other nations with our interference with political bullies who take but do not give back to their sundry countries.

And that's what I think. We need a balance in dealing with strangers who claim they want to be a part of what America stands for. If we make ourselves servants to the criminal in people who only want to take advantage sans returning, we're promoting our own slavery. That is a bad option, but patience in nuturing newcomers is a better one.

I pray for this nation to find the solution without harassing each other to death.

PORTLAND, Ore. — A federal judge in Portland, Oregon, on Saturday put on hold a Trump administration rule requiring immigrants prove they will have health insurance or can pay for medical care before they can get visas.

U.S. District Judge Michael Simon granted a temporary restraining order that prevents the rule from going into effect Sunday. It’s not clear when he will rule on the merits of the case.

Seven U.S. citizens and a nonprofit organization filed the federal lawsuit Wednesday contending the rule would block nearly two-thirds of all prospective legal immigrants.

The lawsuit also said the rule would greatly reduce or eliminate the number of immigrants who enter the United States with family sponsored visas.

“We’re very grateful that the court recognized the need to block the health care ban immediately,” says Justice Action Center senior litigator Esther Sung, who argued at Saturday’s hearing on behalf of the plaintiffs. “The ban would separate families and cut two-thirds of green-card-based immigration starting tonight, were the ban not stopped.”

So what are we up to now, about 30 times a judge has stopped Trump from doing his job in three years? Then the Democrats keep asking why Trump isn't accomplishing more, in spite of all he has accomplished. Look you people, if your leftist organizations would stay out of his way, Trump could be accomplishing much more.
Apply the language rule then-no speaka da English, no getta in the country.
That needs to be spelled out to people coming over here from foreign countries. If they want to do their part, they will learn the national language and be fluent in it. They can help by organizing groups of study that teach them American speech, usage, and culture. After that, they can go home and dance LaCucaracha if they want, provided they invite some natives to the party. :)

Amazing. And he (and his followers) STILL haven't grasped that what he is trying to do might not be constitutional?

Wait people have to buy gun permits and yet you call this unconstitutional?

perhaps if Trump did things legally he wouldn’t be blocked by the courts so much... novel idea huh?!

It's perfectly legal. What these commie judges do is ignore our laws, and create their own on the bench. As you see with my post above, this power has resided with the President since the 60's.

Now, the job of a judge is to determine if something is lawful or not. Clearly, it is, but these clowns don't rule on law, they rule on what's good on behalf of the Democrat party. And this is why they should never be in a position to nominate judges to the court system. They don't obey the law.
Rulings are made on arguments based on written law. Read a ruling and it will be explained. You are only looking at one side of the equation and presenting it as fact, but that’s not honest or real

It's very honest and real.

What is the job of a judge? A judge is used to determine if laws were followed or not. It's that simple. You can argue the law all you like, but it's the judges job to rule if laws were followed properly.

Now if you don't like the law, it's not up to the judge to change or ignore it. That's up to your representatives. Judges don't (or are not supposed to) write laws on the bench.

So it's like this: Trump made a ruling following written laws that were passed by Congress. This judge (like most of the leftist judges) said I don't care about the law. You're in my town breathing my air. What do you think this is, the United States of America where the country is ruled by silly laws? I make the laws here, not Congress.
i agree with your description of a judges role. But you claim to be honest and then make false claims like...

“This judge (like most of the leftist judges) said I don't care about the law. You're in my town breathing my air. What do you think this is, the United States of America where the country is ruled by silly laws? I make the laws here, not Congress”

We both know that’s not true, so why don’t you just be honest and post the judges real reason for the ruling and then you can state what you disagree with.

What other reason can a judge have for ignoring the law given the fact he was an Obama appointee, who is all behind immigration like the rest of the party?

Let me put it another way:

Let's say after work tomorrow, you and a couple of coworkers decide to stop at Applebee's for some dinner and drinks. On the way home, you get into an accident. The police come out, smell alcohol on your breath, and request you take some tests. You pass the tests, and your BAC was .06.

When you go to court, the judge sites you for being under the influence and getting into an accident. You argue the point that being under the influence in your state is .08. You blew .02 under that limit.

The judge says he doesn't care. You shouldn't have been drinking in the first place. Furthermore, as far as he's concerned, you were drunk enough at .06. First offense for DUI in your state is a suspended license for 30 days, and up to three days in jail. But the judge suspends your license for year, and sentences you to 30 days in jail. Would you find this acceptable, or would you call that a rogue court?

Sure, you will win in appeals, but that takes a lot of time and more money. The question is, should that judge be a judge in the first place given his ruling?
your article nor you have tried to explain the reason the judge ordered the restraining order. You are painting it as a jidge making law and not enforcing the law which isn’t true. Here is a better article that actually explains what the judge did and why...

You gotta present both sides of the argument if you want to be respected Ray... otherwise you come off as a partisan hack

Federal judge in Oregon temporarily bars President Trump from restricting visas for immigrants without health insurance

What we are really talking about here is the violation of the separation of powers. Because of these Democrat appointed judges, we now have a judicial system that overrides and even attempts to control the executive branch unjustly.

This is not an isolated case. It's been done repeatedly on the immigration issue. Trump creates a constructive plan to retard or stop immigration problems, and the commie judges simply stop him in his tracks.

Since Trump entered the White House, all we heard from the left is about his abuse of executive power. But for whatever reason, they have no problem with judiciary abuse of power, as long as it benefits them.
Sir, you are absolutely, completely and accurately 100% on the money. Thanks for saying it so well.

The left lets its' own off the hook, even when anti-American, but just let a Republican President do the right thing for taxpayers, the left turns itself inside out to create some maelstrom of evil out of it. :rolleyes:

I wish they'd quit giving creedence to the saying "just shoot me." :tank::lol:

Amazing. And he (and his followers) STILL haven't grasped that what he is trying to do might not be constitutional?

What have the courts said about purchasing permits?

It appears it hasn't made it's way to the supreme court

Might huh?

Which means no courts consider it unconstitutional.

Which means no courts consider it unconstitutional.

Uhm it took over 10 years for Chicago's gun ban, no?

it kind of sounds like you are saying anything the president does is by definition Constitutional and the courts have right to interfere

US Immigration law prohibits entry to people who are likely to become a "Public Charge". How is enforcing that law unconstitutional?

Forum List

Back