Yep, another judge stops Trump from MAGA

US judge blocks President Trump’s health insurance rule for immigrants

PORTLAND, Ore. — A federal judge in Portland, Oregon, on Saturday put on hold a Trump administration rule requiring immigrants prove they will have health insurance or can pay for medical care before they can get visas.

U.S. District Judge Michael Simon granted a temporary restraining order that prevents the rule from going into effect Sunday. It’s not clear when he will rule on the merits of the case.

Seven U.S. citizens and a nonprofit organization filed the federal lawsuit Wednesday contending the rule would block nearly two-thirds of all prospective legal immigrants.

The lawsuit also said the rule would greatly reduce or eliminate the number of immigrants who enter the United States with family sponsored visas.

“We’re very grateful that the court recognized the need to block the health care ban immediately,” says Justice Action Center senior litigator Esther Sung, who argued at Saturday’s hearing on behalf of the plaintiffs. “The ban would separate families and cut two-thirds of green-card-based immigration starting tonight, were the ban not stopped.”

So what are we up to now, about 30 times a judge has stopped Trump from doing his job in three years? Then the Democrats keep asking why Trump isn't accomplishing more, in spite of all he has accomplished. Look you people, if your leftist organizations would stay out of his way, Trump could be accomplishing much more.
perhaps if Trump did things legally he wouldn’t be blocked by the courts so much... novel idea huh?!

It's perfectly legal. What these commie judges do is ignore our laws, and create their own on the bench. As you see with my post above, this power has resided with the President since the 60's.

Now, the job of a judge is to determine if something is lawful or not. Clearly, it is, but these clowns don't rule on law, they rule on what's good on behalf of the Democrat party. And this is why they should never be in a position to nominate judges to the court system. They don't obey the law.
Rulings are made on arguments based on written law. Read a ruling and it will be explained. You are only looking at one side of the equation and presenting it as fact, but that’s not honest or real

It's very honest and real.

What is the job of a judge? A judge is used to determine if laws were followed or not. It's that simple. You can argue the law all you like, but it's the judges job to rule if laws were followed properly.

Now if you don't like the law, it's not up to the judge to change or ignore it. That's up to your representatives. Judges don't (or are not supposed to) write laws on the bench.

So it's like this: Trump made a ruling following written laws that were passed by Congress. This judge (like most of the leftist judges) said I don't care about the law. You're in my town breathing my air. What do you think this is, the United States of America where the country is ruled by silly laws? I make the laws here, not Congress.

PORTLAND, Ore. — A federal judge in Portland, Oregon, on Saturday put on hold a Trump administration rule requiring immigrants prove they will have health insurance or can pay for medical care before they can get visas.

U.S. District Judge Michael Simon granted a temporary restraining order that prevents the rule from going into effect Sunday. It’s not clear when he will rule on the merits of the case.

Seven U.S. citizens and a nonprofit organization filed the federal lawsuit Wednesday contending the rule would block nearly two-thirds of all prospective legal immigrants.

The lawsuit also said the rule would greatly reduce or eliminate the number of immigrants who enter the United States with family sponsored visas.

“We’re very grateful that the court recognized the need to block the health care ban immediately,” says Justice Action Center senior litigator Esther Sung, who argued at Saturday’s hearing on behalf of the plaintiffs. “The ban would separate families and cut two-thirds of green-card-based immigration starting tonight, were the ban not stopped.”

So what are we up to now, about 30 times a judge has stopped Trump from doing his job in three years? Then the Democrats keep asking why Trump isn't accomplishing more, in spite of all he has accomplished. Look you people, if your leftist organizations would stay out of his way, Trump could be accomplishing much more.
perhaps if Trump did things legally he wouldn’t be blocked by the courts so much... novel idea huh?!
Or if you let him govern and if he’s so bad he will be easily defeated.. like we have done for years lol

Obamas mandate was unconstitutional,, judges let that shit slide for years
Republicans sued and challenged it for years. Was that wrong? Should they have just let it go and let Obama govern?
For that mandate absolutely! Giving foreigners my tax money for their healthcare should absolutely not be contested
Ok good, feel free to bitch away then and when a dem takes over and gets challenged by the republicans I’ll call on you to defend the “let him govern” argument.
If they are saving my tax money I won’t complain lol

It's perfectly legal. What these commie judges do is ignore our laws, and create their own on the bench. As you see with my post above, this power has resided with the President since the 60's.

Now, the job of a judge is to determine if something is lawful or not. Clearly, it is, but these clowns don't rule on law, they rule on what's good on behalf of the Democrat party. And this is why they should never be in a position to nominate judges to the court system. They don't obey the law.
Rulings are made on arguments based on written law. Read a ruling and it will be explained. You are only looking at one side of the equation and presenting it as fact, but that’s not honest or real

What is the job of a judge? A judge is used to determine if laws were followed or not. It's that simple. You can argue the law all you like, but it's the judges job to rule if laws were followed properly.

Now if you don't like the law, it's not up to the judge to change or ignore it. That's up to your representatives. Judges don't (or are not supposed to) write laws on the bench.

So it's like this: Trump made a ruling following written laws that were passed by Congress. This judge (like most of the leftist judges) said I don't care about the law. You're in my town breathing my air. What do you think this is, the United States of America where the country is ruled by silly laws? I make the laws here, not Congress.
i agree with your description of a judges role. But you claim to be honest and then make false claims like...

“This judge (like most of the leftist judges) said I don't care about the law. You're in my town breathing my air. What do you think this is, the United States of America where the country is ruled by silly laws? I make the laws here, not Congress”

We both know that’s not true, so why don’t you just be honest and post the judges real reason for the ruling and then you can state what you disagree with.

Or if you let him govern and if he’s so bad he will be easily defeated.. like we have done for years lol

Republicans sued and challenged it for years. Was that wrong? Should they have just let it go and let Obama govern?
For that mandate absolutely! Giving foreigners my tax money for their healthcare should absolutely not be contested
Ok good, feel free to bitch away then and when a dem takes over and gets challenged by the republicans I’ll call on you to defend the “let him govern” argument.
that mean the arguments you are making are without principle.

That it is an indispensable duty which we owe to God, our country, ourselves, and posterity, by all lawful ways and means in our power, to maintain, defend, and preserve those civil and religious rights and liberties for which many of our fathers fought, bled, and died, and to hand them

That it is an indispensable duty which we owe to God, our country, ourselves, and posterity, by all lawful ways and means in our power, to maintain, defend, and preserve those civil and religious rights and liberties for which many of our fathers fought, bled, and died, and to hand them
nice quote

The only thing stopping America being great again is the Twat-Faced Loser in the WH....Until he is gone, the US will continue on its downward trajectory.

nice quote
Thank you , just popped in my head

nice quote
Yeah right... don’t take credit for other people’s work. That’s not respectable. I know that passage

nice quote
Yeah right... don’t take credit for other people’s work. That’s not respectable. I know that passage
Well hi nice to meet cha. Glad you like my work

[

Like a lot of racist twats, you assume these immigrants aren't working. Note, they are talking about immigrants. Not illegal immigrants. So, if these immigrants are paying taxes, too?

How many times do they have to tell you...there is nothing you can do. You can elect who you want. You can pass what laws you want. There is always a way to stymie what the people want.
Until....

i agree with your description of a judges role. But you claim to be honest and then make false claims like...

“This judge (like most of the leftist judges) said I don't care about the law. You're in my town breathing my air. What do you think this is, the United States of America where the country is ruled by silly laws? I make the laws here, not Congress”

We both know that’s not true, so why don’t you just be honest and post the judges real reason for the ruling and then you can state what you disagree with.

What other reason can a judge have for ignoring the law given the fact he was an Obama appointee, who is all behind immigration like the rest of the party?

Let me put it another way:

Let's say after work tomorrow, you and a couple of coworkers decide to stop at Applebee's for some dinner and drinks. On the way home, you get into an accident. The police come out, smell alcohol on your breath, and request you take some tests. You pass the tests, and your BAC was .06.

When you go to court, the judge sites you for being under the influence and getting into an accident. You argue the point that being under the influence in your state is .08. You blew .02 under that limit.

The judge says he doesn't care. You shouldn't have been drinking in the first place. Furthermore, as far as he's concerned, you were drunk enough at .06. First offense for DUI in your state is a suspended license for 30 days, and up to three days in jail. But the judge suspends your license for year, and sentences you to 30 days in jail. Would you find this acceptable, or would you call that a rogue court?

Sure, you will win in appeals, but that takes a lot of time and more money. The question is, should that judge be a judge in the first place given his ruling?

[

Like a lot of racist twats, you assume these immigrants aren't working. Note, they are talking about immigrants. Not illegal immigrants. So, if these immigrants are paying taxes, too?
Omg I don’t think democrats are ever going to win an another election

[

It doesn't matter if they are working or not. According to the article, 2/3 of green card holders don't have health insurance or ability to buy it. I'm assuming that's because most of them are from the south where they didn't have money in the first place.

It doesn't matter if they are working or not. According to the article, 2/3 of green card holders don't have health insurance or ability to buy it. I'm assuming that's because most of them are from the south where they didn't have money in the first place.

A lot of Americans don't have health insurance. Why? Probably because you have a shit system..

A lot of Americans don't have health insurance. Why? Probably because you have a shit system..

Maybe, but that's no reason to let more people in that don't have insurance.

nice quote
Well hi nice to meet cha. Glad you like my work
man, you’re taking deplorable to a whole new level. Claiming words from the first continental congress are your own... grow up man, you get more and more pathetic the deeper you dig.

… it is an indispensable duty which we owe to God, our country, ourselves and posterity, by all lawful ways and means in our power to maintain, defend and preserve these civil and religious rights and liberties for which many of our fathers fought, bled and died, and to hand them down entire to future generations.

The First Continental Congress - Providence Forum

Forum List

Back