Yemen: 'A family destroyed' by airstrikes

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
When you watch this video, you see the horrors of war.

Yemen: 'A family destroyed' by airstrikes

The BBC has seen powerful new evidence of the plight of civilians in Yemen, where civil war has led to thousands of deaths.

Following the overthrow of Yemen's government, a Saudi-led coalition launched a campaign of airstrikes to slow the advance of Houthi rebels backed by Iran.

In the past two months, 2,800 people have been killed.

The BBC's Jeremy Bowen reports from Sanaa in Yemen.

Watch video at:

Yemen A family destroyed by airstrikes - BBC News

what do you expect, sally? demonstrations against the fact that kids lie dead in the gutter?
A UN investigation for call for one? -----the fighting in Yemen is not an issue-----it is all muslim on muslim. There are no Buddhists to blame, no Christians to blame, no jews to blame-------it DOES NOT EXIST

what do you expect, sally? demonstrations against the fact that kids lie dead in the gutter?
A UN investigation for call for one? -----the fighting in Yemen is not an issue-----it is all muslim on muslim. There are no Buddhists to blame, no Christians to blame, no jews to blame-------it DOES NOT EXIST

I just can't help thinking about my own family and myself being in their shoes.

In pictures Yemen air strikes take high civilian toll - BBC News

As factions fight Yemenis suffer hunger disease fear Reuters

Who sold all those aircraft, missiles and bombs to the Saudis? Pope Francis does not mince words.

"We all want peace, but looking at the tragedy of war, looking at the wounded, seeing so many people who left their homeland who were forced to go away, I ask, 'Who sells weapons to these people to make war?'" he asked. "This is the root of evil, the hatred, the love of money."

Read more: Pope blasts arms dealers at start of Mideast trip Daily Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

the most prolific dealers in armaments are arabs from oil rich countries -----eg ADNAN KASHOGGGI. Business is business

the most prolific dealers in armaments are arabs from oil rich countries -----eg ADNAN KASHOGGGI. Business is business

Actually, Kashoggi is a dealer, a middleman, a facilitator. The sellers are the manufacturers.

Actually, Kashoggi is a dealer, a middleman, a facilitator. The sellers are the manufacturers.

yeah? you have a really SOPHISTICATED
concept of economics and the marketplace. I AM SOOOO IMPRESSED. You also have a really sophisticated concept of that which is going on in Yemen and the rest of the world.
No doubt you expect IRAN to be so impressed with the words of the POPE that it will stop arming the Houthis and shoving more and more Hezbollah pigs into yemen. No matter---you are obviously enjoying the blood bath
going on there and cannot wait for the carnage
to spread. ------be patient----any minute now

concept of economics and the marketplace. I AM SOOOO IMPRESSED. You also have a really sophisticated concept of that which is going on in Yemen and the rest of the world.
No doubt you expect IRAN to be so impressed with the words of the POPE that it will stop arming the Houthis and shoving more and more Hezbollah pigs into yemen. No matter---you are obviously enjoying the blood bath

Just facts Rosie, just facts. No, it is you that have demonstrated, in writing, that you enjoy Muslims killing Muslims, I don't. Your disgusting mouth doesn't impress anyone, it just makes you appear to be the jerk you are.

Just facts Rosie, just facts. No, it is you that have demonstrated, in writing, that you enjoy Muslims killing Muslims, I don't. Your disgusting mouth doesn't impress anyone, it just makes you appear to be the jerk you are.

you got an example of me "enjoying muslims murdering muslims"?? ----you are a liar ---- -----and very very disgusting.
I post facts, FILTHY BITCH. For my fellow posters----for information about that which is going on in Yemen-----find a Yemeni----we got lots here in the US---- Do not be shy Monte----you got an actual POV ----which asses are you kissing -----sunni or shiite

you got an example of me "enjoying muslims murdering muslims"?? ----you are a liar ---- -----and very very disgusting.
I post facts, FILTHY BITCH. For my fellow posters----for information about that which is going on in Yemen-----find a Yemeni----we got lots here in the US---- Do not be shy Monte----you got an actual POV ----which asses are you kissing -----sunni or shiite

Neither.

Neither.

you got that citation of some post that forms the basis for your CLAIM that I "enjoy" muslims killing each other?

Neither.

you got that citation of some post that forms the basis for your CLAIM that I "enjoy" muslims killing each other?

Still no answer from MONTE

Who sold all those aircraft, missiles and bombs to the Saudis? Pope Francis does not mince words.

"We all want peace, but looking at the tragedy of war, looking at the wounded, seeing so many people who left their homeland who were forced to go away, I ask, 'Who sells weapons to these people to make war?'" he asked. "This is the root of evil, the hatred, the love of money."

It's a shame that Pope Francis. coming from the Western Hemisphere wouldn't concentrate on what is going on in this part of the world today where so many have been and are still being killed in Mexico and Central America, all Catholic countries.Then he could switch his attention to Africa where Catholics are being killed right and left. It doesn't take an AK47 to slit someone's throat. All it takes is a machete which seems to be the weapon of choice. As for what is going on in the Middle East and Southeast Asia, Haniya can tell her new friends to have some tolerance for the religion of others instead of killing the others. Does it take a sophisticated weapon for a Sunni to blow himself up among the Shiites doing their marketing in Pakistan?

It's a shame that Pope Francis. coming from the Western Hemisphere wouldn't concentrate on what is going on in this part of the world today where so many have been and are still being killed in Mexico and Central America, all Catholic countries.Then he could switch his attention to Africa where Catholics are being killed right and left. It doesn't take an AK47 to slit someone's throat. All it takes is a machete which seems to be the weapon of choice. As for what is going on in the Middle East and Southeast Asia, Haniya can tell her new friends to have some tolerance for the religion of others instead of killing the others. Does it take a sophisticated weapon for a Sunni to blow himself up among the Shiites doing their marketing in Pakistan?

Yemen has been embroiled in violent internecine conflict for more than 50 years on and off----and somehow EVERYONE has a pistol and a rifle------more recently IMPOVERISHED HOUTHIS---(-minority shiiites ) are suddenly REALLY WELL ARMED and Hezbollah pigs have been added to the mix. ----hissing at Saudi Arabia over the border. Whom does monte want to blame?

"Pope Francis' recent comparison of Argentina's drug violence to Mexico's made some unhappy inMexico. But it's not an entirely unfair thing to say.

In a private letter to Gustavo Vera, a politician and mayoral candidate for Buenos Aires, Pope Francis conveyed his personal concerns over increased drug trafficking in his home country of Argentina, writing, “I hope we are in time to avoid Mexicanization. I was speaking with some Mexican Bishops and the situation is one of terror.”

Is Pope Francis Right About the Mexicanization of Argentina

"Pope urges bishops in African nation to oppose violence toward women"

Pope urges bishops in African nation to oppose violence toward women Catholic News Agency CNA

Pope Francis condemns attacks against Christians in Pakistan

Pope Francis condemns attacks against Christians in Pakistan Vatican Radio

Well, a F-16s and AGM-65 Mavericks do a bit more damage and kill an order of magnitude more people than AK47s.

Well, a F-16s and AGM-65 Mavericks do a bit more damage and kill an order of magnitude more people than AK47s.

not really-----constant low level violence in Yemen over the past 65 years has done a lot more damage than have the Saudis in current time or-----for that matter-----over that same 65 years.
Did you know that the Turkish muslims managed to murder some two millon Armenians armed with just about nothing more than knives and clubs? Just a day or so ago-----your isis pals EXPLODED the tomb of Jonah (a feat which---I have to admit---made me laugh) Those geniuses did not need a bomber jet------just simple explosives------the kind you can make with garden fertilizer. ......... poor jonah-----as if living in a big fish was not trouble enough. BTW----did you know that just about the only use of NITROGEN MUSTARD GAS----since world war II happened in Yemen?---------

According to the UN, the Saudi air strikes have destroyed most of the infrastructure that has been built up since the two Yemens united. The Armenians were primarily shot by the Turks and many others died of exposure on forced marches.

Even these old F4s on a CAS mission did more damage in one pass with napalm than any fertilizer bomb.

Forum List

Back