Yeah...He Said That!

Obama, or someone who was very wise, could have very easily said, You make your on "lot in life." If you want a business of your own, take advantage of what has been given to you by teachers and those in your past and by our communities.

If you want a good job, stay in school, learn a skill and begin your career before your family. It's basically that simple.

But let no one tell you you don't do it on your own.. It is no one else's responsibility other than yourself to make a success of your life. Everyone chooses their own path, whether to be a homeowner and make a living or sitting in a rented apartment accepting a government check because you didn't work for your own success.

Life is full of choices. Take a look at those around you and those walking the streets. It's easy to determine what choices they made. They made their own lot in life. No one else did.

it's only because Obama had everything handed to him that he believes that

There are a lot of wealthy, successful Americans who agree with me – because they want to give something back. They know they didn’t – look, if you’ve been successful, you didn’t get there on your own. You didn’t get there on your own. I’m always struck by people who think, well, it must be because I was just so smart. There are a lot of smart people out there. It must be because I worked harder than everybody else. Let me tell you something – there are a whole bunch of hardworking people out there.
If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help. There was a great teacher somewhere in your life. Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive. Somebody invested in roads and bridges. If you’ve got a business – you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen. The Internet didn’t get invented on its own. Government research created the Internet so that all the companies could make money off the Internet.
The point is, is that when we succeed, we succeed because of our individual initiative, but also because we do things together
. There are some things, just like fighting fires, we don’t do on our own. I mean, imagine if everybody had their own fire service. That would be a hard way to organize fighting fires.

It's a flat out lie to say the President was talking about anyones' business. But that's what the Conz do isn't it?

Sweating???

Even one as trained to jump when the Dems say to, must realize that his inadvertent slip was totally consistent with his actions and behavior, and background....

...black liberation theology for 20 years.....

...close relationships with domestic terrorists.....

...training in and with Alinsky community organizing....

....ACORN.....

...."You didn't build that!"......he might as well have added "Give it here!"

Power to the people, Boo.....
...hoping to get yours?

Sigh.

It's all about emphasis, and on what noun is being described.

The word "That" refers to the infrastructure mentioned in the rest of the paragraph.

He's saying, essentially, "If you've got a business, you didn't build that infrastructure".

But leave it to Republicans to attempt to twist the meaning of anything.

It's too bad for you guys that people are quite successfully ignoring that bit of BS.

Obama has a 5 point lead, even in the latest Rasmussen poll (and that's saying a lot).

And no one has won an election after being that far behind in September since 1964.

Are you obtuse or merely lying?
When he said "roads and bridges...You didnt build "That"". Now what is "that"? It can't be roads and bridges. He would have said "You didnt build those." Instead he means the business. You ddint build that business. You had help. You had infrastructure, etc.
This speech is merely a copy of what Elizabeth Warren said some months earlier. No doubt it got kudos in liberal Massachusetts so Obama repeated it.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=necOYVjutw4]Obama & Elizabeth Warren's "You Didn't Build That" Speech Came from a Leftist Berkeley Professor! - YouTube[/ame]

1. "Why is it that the Democrats can’t stop telling us that “If you’ve got a business — you didn’t build that” is not what the president meant to say? Could it be that they’re afraid this clumsy attempt at an ad lib by Teleprompter Man could be dooming their chances this November?

2. Rarely does a day go by without some Democratic Party house newsletter — New York magazine, The New York Times — screechingly informing us how unfair Republicans are being in quoting President Obama’s infamous speech at the Roanoke Fire Department on July 13. If Mitt Romney wins, there will be a plaque there, kinda like the one near the Chicago Baskin-Robbins where Barack Obama and Michelle Robinson had their first kiss.

3. “There’s just nothing to it, and they hit it over and over,” Time’s Mark Halperin whined on CNN Thursday.

4. But there was something to it, a lot to it. And far from being taken out of context, the speech, when you reverse the zoom lens from a single phrase to the general theme, becomes even more disturbing.

5. “You didn’t build that” is indeed a fair summary of the overarching message.
The full quotation that liberals find perfectly reasonable is this: “If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help,” Obama said. “There was a great teacher somewhere in your life. Somebody helped to create this unbelievable system that we have that allowed you to thrive. Somebody invested in roads and bridges. If you’ve got a business, you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen.”

6. Obama is painting a frankly Marxist picture in which through sheer luck (say, inheriting a factory), rich layabouts, whom he calls the top 2%, are making fortunes while others toil. “Somebody else” is responsible for the success of successful entrepreneurs.

7. ...46% of Americans pay no federal income tax at all.
The top 1 percent pay 37% of all federal income taxes. So each of those horrible selfish plutocrats, along with the burden of their monocles and top hats, is carrying 36 other Americans on his back. They are their brothers’ keeper, and their sisters’, and their cousins’, and about five other families’. Why does Obama hate these saints?

8. The 1 percenters aren’t choking traffic with 37% of the cars or crowding classrooms with 37% of the pupils. (Which have been so ruined by Obama-type thinking that the rich often choose private education in the first place and owe nothing to the public schools, whose costs they don’t even get a refund for.) The rich and small business owners (there is much overlap) are the ones who, to a hugely disproportionate degree, pay for the things Obama suggests they don’t pay for at all — because “somebody else” did it for them.

9. A more honest speech would have been directed at the underclass and informed them: “Look, somebody else built those roads you use. Somebody else is paying for that welfare check you’re getting every month. Respect those who stayed in school, worked hard and delayed gratification. Try to learn something from them.”

10. ...— graduate high school, get married and delay having children until your 20s — the poverty rate virtually vanishes. Only 8% of those who play by these basic American rules turn out poor.

It turns out that if you’re stuck in the poverty trap, yes, you probably did build that."
‘You didn’t build that’ - NYPOST.com

My buddy Boo made me post this....maybe he'll stop denying that that's what Obama said.....

I'm so sorry that this silliness isn't giving your side the traction you hoped for.

To sum up the leftist response so far:

It isn't true, that isn't what Obama meant, it was out of context.
It is irrelevant because Obama is ahead in the polls.
I like ice cream.

I'm waiting for one of those half wits to finally realize there is no around what he said and tell us, "Yeah, Obama is right. No one makes money on his own in this country." Surprised it hasnt happened yet honestly.

I like ice cream.

I'm waiting for one of those half wits to finally realize there is no around what he said and tell us, "Yeah, Obama is right. No one makes money on his own in this country." Surprised it hasnt happened yet honestly.

you were probably surprised when rick perry did not get the nomination, too.

I like ice cream.

Why do you deflect? Do you have nothing intelligent to add to any conversation?
That's a rhetorical question, btw. The answer is obvious.

I like ice cream.

Why do you deflect? Do you have nothing intelligent to add to any conversation?
That's a rhetorical question, btw. The answer is obvious.

i have a lot to add to every conversation, some of it even intelligent, and in rare times, the conversation is intelligent, as well.

thanks for your concern.

rick perry, lol

There are a lot of wealthy, successful Americans who agree with me – because they want to give something back. They know they didn’t – look, if you’ve been successful, you didn’t get there on your own. You didn’t get there on your own. I’m always struck by people who think, well, it must be because I was just so smart. There are a lot of smart people out there. It must be because I worked harder than everybody else. Let me tell you something – there are a whole bunch of hardworking people out there.
If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help. There was a great teacher somewhere in your life. Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive. Somebody invested in roads and bridges. If you’ve got a business – you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen. The Internet didn’t get invented on its own. Government research created the Internet so that all the companies could make money off the Internet.
The point is, is that when we succeed, we succeed because of our individual initiative, but also because we do things together
. There are some things, just like fighting fires, we don’t do on our own. I mean, imagine if everybody had their own fire service. That would be a hard way to organize fighting fires.

It's a flat out lie to say the President was talking about anyones' business. But that's what the Conz do isn't it?

"If you’ve got a business – you didn’t build that." isnt talking about anyone's business. Then why did he say "If you've got a business"? Was he saying they didnt build snowmen instead? Spin it all you want, you're just being a dishonest hack by pretending he didnt say what he clearly said.

My greatest fear is that Boo actually believes what he posts!!!!!

Obama could tell him that the top earners are evil....and he might believe it!!!

....oh...wait....he did tell him, and he does believe it....

That whole rant of his was meant to belittle business people who have the nerve to
go out and try to make a business work.Did they get help from family members?Maybe.
Did they get a loan? probably.Did they get a ham sandwich and a soda one day before they applied for that loan?Did someone open the door for them when that person went to the bank to apply for the loan to start that business.Who provided the air that they were breathing the day they opened their business for the first time.

Such BS...People who are determined to make a go of it make it work.
Not Obama
Not big government
Not those people around Obama that day who were cheering on this President because he has the balls
to put business owners in their place....

We all know what he meant that day.

Sigh.

It's all about emphasis, and on what noun is being described.

The word "That" refers to the infrastructure mentioned in the rest of the paragraph.

He's saying, essentially, "If you've got a business, you didn't build that infrastructure".

But leave it to Republicans to attempt to twist the meaning of anything.

It's too bad for you guys that people are quite successfully ignoring that bit of BS.

Obama has a 5 point lead, even in the latest Rasmussen poll (and that's saying a lot).

And no one has won an election after being that far behind in September since 1964.

Are you obtuse or merely lying?
When he said "roads and bridges...You didnt build "That"". Now what is "that"? It can't be roads and bridges. He would have said "You didnt build those." Instead he means the business. You ddint build that business. You had help. You had infrastructure, etc.
This speech is merely a copy of what Elizabeth Warren said some months earlier. No doubt it got kudos in liberal Massachusetts so Obama repeated it.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=necOYVjutw4]Obama & Elizabeth Warren's "You Didn't Build That" Speech Came from a Leftist Berkeley Professor! - YouTube[/ame]

They must really be scared....what with the constant "did not, did not" posts!

Watching them deny reality is a hoot!

“If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen”

He said it plain and simple...
And it's gonna be around him until election day and long after.

They must really be scared....what with the constant "did not, did not" posts!

Watching them deny reality is a hoot!

Actually, I could give a shit what the Republicans say at this point.

Nobody is buying what your selling.

I was just correcting your faulty logic.

Forum List

Back