Yahoo lawsuit for purge of male employees

Ame®icano

Platinum Member
Jul 8, 2008
Michigan
“Mayer encouraged and fostered the use of (an employee performance-rating system) to accommodate management’s subjective biases and personal opinions, to the detriment of Yahoo’s male employees,” said the suit by Scott Ard filed this week in federal district court in San Jose.

Ard, who worked for Yahoo for 3 ½ years until January 2015, is now editor-in-chief of the Silicon Valley Business Journal. His lawsuit also claims that Yahoo illegally fired large numbers of workers ousted under a performance-rating system imposed by Mayer. That allegation was not tied to gender.

Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer led illegal purge of male employees, lawsuit charges

The problem isn't female CEOs; problem is crappy CEOs who are more interested in the press attention and whole 'empowerment' angle. It's happening every time someone gets the position based on quota. The feminists keep accusing men of discrimination and patriarchy. It's projection, it's what women do given a chance, so they assume man does it too.

The same Marrisa Mayer hid the fact the emails were compromised from everyone else because she didn't want the budget for security to go higher. She thought it would just magically go away or people wouldn't care all their email accounts were hacked into. While Apple stud up against FBI and lawsuit for not unlocking their phone, this CEO allowed government to scan Yahoo emails.

Yahoo email surveillance: who approved the secret scanning program?

This bullshit reminds me of picture from HuffPost editor meeting. It reminds me of The Guardian that followed the same steps and now running with great loses. That's what BBC is set to do by 2020, give them two years and they will run loses too. Great companies are being run to the ground because of forced quota.

Women CEOs are being celebrated, and that's fine when they deserve it. But being celebrated for getting the position just because of being woman is utter nonsense. There are no lawsuits when women is getting paid more than men. Why not?

She doesn't look half bad but that laugh is horrendous.

Does anybody even use yahoo anymore?

She doesn't look half bad but that laugh is horrendous.

Does anybody even use yahoo anymore?

I use yahoo since the beginning and I do like them. I still use yahoo for my unimportant mail.

However, over time, they've changed. Repeating to many sponsored links, to get to article you click on link just to take you to another page with the same headline and another link that say "read more". That tells me they're starving for clicks...

The truth is, all those portals became data collecting machines, can't trust any of them anymore.

Forum List

Back