Yah, shuure. Ewe baitcha.

WTF. Seriously?! Minnesota is worse than North Dakota?? Where the hell do these people think Fargo is?

Weird is a matter of judgement...especially regarding accents and dialects. Most people sound like those they grew up hearing. Nothing weird about that. Someone that thinks your accent is weird will likely sound weird to you.

I'm just glad I don't sound like a goddamned yankee!:lol:

Here's the rest of the article, some of the perceptions are hysterical.

POLL: How Americans Feel About The States - Business Insider

Neat poll...but I suspect that many of the respondents that rated derogatory measures (the worst whatever) based their answers on opinions formed by hearing what others have said rather than their own experience. The same might be true for their best in category evaluations.

Yup, totally in a vacuum in probably a lot of ways. Because I know my state, and I cannot believe nobody ranked it as beautiful. :(

Last edited:
Here's the rest of the article, some of the perceptions are hysterical.

POLL: How Americans Feel About The States - Business Insider

Neat poll...but I suspect that many of the respondents that rated derogatory measures (the worst whatever) based their answers on opinions formed by hearing what others have said rather than their own experience. The same might be true for their best in category evaluations.

Yup, totally in a vacuum in probably a lot of ways. Because I know my state, and I cannot believe nobody ranked it as beautiful. :(

I can't believe my state, Michigan, wasn't in one of the most beautiful! It's a great vacation state with all the lakes. Not fair!! :)

I can't believe my state, Michigan, wasn't in one of the most beautiful! It's a great vacation state with all the lakes. Not fair!! :)

I'm surprised us yoopers weren't in the top two........ hey?

It was hard for me to communicate with the people of South Dakota. I'd ask for a Coke and I'd get a Colt 45 beer (remember that). I'd have to ask for a Coca Cola and they say ah Colk. And they had the nerve to mock my accent.

The OP has never been to Islands off the South Carolina and Georiga coasts, they speak Gullah or Geechy. You cant understand a damn thing they say.

The only accent that really turns me off is people from Maine...plus Stephen King movies are often set there, so it makes it creepy as well.:D

Forum List

Back