Xbox 360 or PS3

360 or PS3

• Total voters
PS3 is kinda off the table now, anyway. The 360's coming out late next month. PS3 isn't coming out until 2007, or so says the guy who works at the video games store I was in today.

Hobbit said:
PS3 is kinda off the table now, anyway. The 360's coming out late next month. PS3 isn't coming out until 2007, or so says the guy who works at the video games store I was in today.

Ha! Don't listen to store geeks. If sony launched in '07 they might as well not launch at all. Theyd be so far behind MS, it wouldnt be finacially sound to release 2 year old technology to an XBOX 360 dominated market.

Sony will probably look to Launch in March 2006. The season will be dull and Sony will grab the spotlight all to themselves. If they have technical problems with the system or launch totals, expect to see a Sept or Oct 06 launch. EIther way, PS3 will be next year.

Yes, PS3 is due next year.
No, I will probably not get one until 2007.
Yes, the 360 launch kit will be $499.99 (Straight from a MS sales rep).

I almost got to touch it boys, the 360 that is.
Flew to San Diego a few weeks back and I sat next to an MS sales rep.
Got to talking to her and found out that she was going to a convention in
Vegas, which was where my conection was. She offered me a peak if my
layover was long enough, but it wasn't. :bang3:

Some Wal-Marts have playable demos of the XBOX360. From what I've heard, it's a pretty big disappointment. I've heard the controller is pretty cool, but the graphics of the games you can play are like Dreamcast-level.

Dan said:
Some Wal-Marts have playable demos of the XBOX360. From what I've heard, it's a pretty big disappointment. I've heard the controller is pretty cool, but the graphics of the games you can play are like Dreamcast-level.

Biggest jump in the level of graphics i think was from Playstation and N64 to the Dreamcast. That was huge. Looking at DC now they seem dull compared to current Xbox and PS2 games, but i remember at the time thinking that the graphics were incredibleo n NFL2k compared to Madden 2000 on PS1. I think we're just use to stuff now and things dont wow us as much. The later games will be a better gauge of this next gen.

The later games will be a better gauge of this next gen.

I agree. With the exceptions of Halo and Mario 64, most first-launch games are usually pretty crappy.

But, I think this will be a problem for some people, especially since most of MS's XBOX campaign was about how amazing the graphics were going to be. I imagine the 360 will really hit its stride sometime around when Halo 3 comes out.

Dan said:
I agree. With the exceptions of Halo and Mario 64, most first-launch games are usually pretty crappy.

But, I think this will be a problem for some people, especially since most of MS's XBOX campaign was about how amazing the graphics were going to be. I imagine the 360 will really hit its stride sometime around when Halo 3 comes out.

Perfect Dark Zero is the only thing coming out this fall that looks VERY good. I dont think its a launch title but it comes out before xmas so i guess it can be considered one.

Bottomline is that only nerds and unimformed parents buy launch systems. I'll save my money for when the games get good.

• Thanks
Reactions: Dan
Bottomline is that only nerds and unimformed parents buy launch systems. I'll save my money for when the games get good.

:thup:

I'm with you. I won't be buying a 360 or PS3 until they drop at least $100, and until there are at least five or six MUST-HAVE games for them.

Dan said:

yeah i think halo 3 will be what makes it or breaks it. trying to set up a take over game, like sega did with sonic, or nintendo did with the mario series. it will be interesting to see how many of them they actually come out with though. granted the ideas are almost limitless for different story lines.

Also Elder scrolls oblivion looks amazing. Another X-box only game that sinches it for me.

Forum List

Back