Wyoming's proposed anti-LGBT law

From a friend in Wyoming:

The Wyoming State Legislature is considering a bill that, if passed, would become the most oppressive and wide-ranging anti-LGBT law in the nation. It would allow social workers to deny aid, teachers to not teach, health care workers to deny service not only to individuals that identify as LGBT, but their children as well. And that is just part of the bill... this bill tells our LGBT brothers and sisters that they are not worthy to receive services a straight cisgendered individual can receive.

HB-135 is scheduled to be voted upon by the Wyoming House Judiciary Committee this week, its first step toward becoming law. Please call and/or email members of this committee (contact info pasted below) and tell them to VOTE NO ON HB-135. No hate in the equality state!

Remember: Be firm but polite; introduce yourself and say where you're from; make your message personal.

Wyoming House Judiciary Committee -
Dan Kirkbride (Chugwater)
Cell - (307) 331-2265
[email protected]

Mark Baker (Rock Springs)
Cell - (307) 371-5113
[email protected]

Bo Biteman (Ranchester)
Cell - (307) 763-7613
[email protected]

Mark Jennings (Sheridan)
Cell - (307) 461-0697
[email protected]

Jared Olsen (Cheyenne)
Cell - (307) 509-0242
[email protected]

Charles Pelkey (Laramie)
Cell - (307) 920-0542
[email protected]

Bill Pownall (Gillette)
Home - (307) 682-4148
[email protected]

Tim Salazar (Dubois)
Cell - (307) 220-1213
[email protected]

Nathan Winters (Thermopolis)
Home - (307) 864-3690
[email protected]
What do you want?

Pro or con?

Another person's sexuality is not anyone's business.

And this is an Alternative Fact: "Would a liberal caterer have a problem with catering the RNC convention? Would a liberal photographer agree to attend an NRA function and take pictures all day? Would a liberal designer agree to make clothes for a Republican first lady? Would a liberal singer take issue with performing at a Republican inauguration? Not only do liberals refuse to do certain things but they attack others who are willing to do them."

It is only a statement with nonsense examples instead of actual events to point to.

Additionally, some states do not have PA laws, so the above don't apply it all.

So. Stop the Alt Facts, and let's get to specifics.
This was never an issue until Harvey Milk told everyone to come out of the closet.

Staying in the closet was a far better idea.

pussy2.jpg

Pastors’ views on social issues? Americans not interested

RNS) What do pastors think about social or political issues?

Americans don’t particularly want to know.

Only 8 percent of adults say they are interested in hearing pastors’ views on issues such as same-sex marriage, LGBT rights, abortion, guns, tax policy, climate change, drug policy or religious freedom, according to the Barna Group’s State of Pastors study, released Thursday (Jan. 26).

Another person's sexuality is not anyone's business.

And this is an Alternative Fact: "Would a liberal caterer have a problem with catering the RNC convention? Would a liberal photographer agree to attend an NRA function and take pictures all day? Would a liberal designer agree to make clothes for a Republican first lady? Would a liberal singer take issue with performing at a Republican inauguration? Not only do liberals refuse to do certain things but they attack others who are willing to do them."

It is only a statement with nonsense examples instead of actual events to point to.

Additionally, some states do not have PA laws, so the above don't apply it all.

So. Stop the Alt Facts, and let's get to specifics.
This was never an issue until Harvey Milk told everyone to come out of the closet.

Staying in the closet was a far better idea.
Too late Bubba. Not happening. That was then and this is now. A brand new day. Get over it.

Obviously this OP and fellow Democrats will intentionally distort what the bill actually says. However, i don't get why so many Republicans obsess over the gay issue. I mean, so some people are gay? Not the end of the world. Republicans gotta get past it. Gay folks have the right to pursue happiness too. Life is so short. Let em have their happiness. Republicans should let it go.

/---- We don't care who or what you have sex with, just don't demand we accept it as normal.

You guys gotta let it go. I have some good friends who are gay. They're great people. I'd do anything for em. Let em pursue happiness.

Why does their happiness override someone else's happiness? You don't think those bakers were happy owning their own business?

I didn't agree with that. They were wronged. I hope their situation gets corrected. But Republicans do have to let the gay thing go. People are gonna be gay. It's not the end of the world. Republicans have a tendency to obsess over the issue. I don't get it.

Obviously this OP and fellow Democrats will intentionally distort what the bill actually says. However, i don't get why so many Republicans obsess over the gay issue. I mean, so some people are gay? Not the end of the world. Republicans gotta get past it. Gay folks have the right to pursue happiness too. Life is so short. Let em have their happiness. Republicans should let it go.

/---- We don't care who or what you have sex with, just don't demand we accept it as normal.

You guys gotta let it go. I have some good friends who are gay. They're great people. I'd do anything for em. Let em pursue happiness.

Why does their happiness override someone else's happiness? You don't think those bakers were happy owning their own business?

I didn't agree with that. They were wronged. I hope their situation gets corrected. But Republicans do have to let the gay thing go. People are gonna be gay. It's not the end of the world. Republicans have a tendency to obsess over the issue. I don't get it.

I think the dems have to let the "gay rights over all other rights" thing go.

Unacceptable!!

Legislation Promoting Discrimination Advances in Virginia | Human Rights Campaign

Today, HRC blasted the General Laws Committee of the Virginia House of Delegates for advancing HB 2025 -- discriminatory legislation that seeks to give taxpayer-funded agencies and service providers a license to discriminate against LGBTQ people under the guise of religion. The anti-LGBTQ proposal is being pushed by Delegate Nicholas Freitas and will now move to the full House of Delegates.

“The right to practice one’s own religion is already firmly protected in the U.S. Constitution,” said HRC Legal Director Sarah Warbelow. “In truth, this legislation has nothing to do with religious freedom and everything to do with taxpayer-funded discrimination against LGBTQ people. Virginia lawmakers should look closely at the fallout in North Carolina and the state’s deeply discriminatory HB2 law before plowing down a similarly destructive path. The Virginia House of Delegates must abandon this reckless legislation.”

HB 2025 could allow taxpayer-funded organizations like homeless shelters and adoption agencies to refuse service to same-sex couples, transgender people, and anyone suspected of having intimate relationships outside of a heterosexual marriage (such as single mothers or a cohabiting straight couple) without losing taxpayer funding, contracts, licensing, or other forms of state recognition. A similar discriminatory proposal was vetoed in 2016 by Governor Terry McAuliffe.

upload_2017-1-27_12-20-0.png

View attachment 108974

Oooh... signs!

I guess its your whiny backup brigade.

It's not "gay rights over other rights Sparky. All right matter. Even yours. Others having rights does not detract from your rights unless you think that the simple existence of those "others" or your inability to violate their rights, violates your rights . It's only the voices in your head that tell you it does.

Here is an example of someone whos rights are actually being violated.......for trying to prevent others from having their rights violated: North Carolina teacher suspended for playing LGBT anti-bullying video

Addictive sex behaviors don't have rights. Hively v Ivy Tech 2016. Race, yes. Gender, yes. Religion, yes. Country of origin, yes. Where you compulsively put your hoo hoo, No.

It's not "gay rights over other rights Sparky. All right matter. Even yours. Others having rights does not detract from your rights unless you think that the simple existence of those "others" or your inability to violate their rights, violates your rights . It's only the voices in your head that tell you it does.

Here is an example of someone whos rights are actually being violated.......for trying to prevent others from having their rights violated: North Carolina teacher suspended for playing LGBT anti-bullying video

When a bakery gets fined 143k and ruined over an item it would take the "offended" party 10 minutes to find a substitute, then it is gay rights over other rights. You don't see it because it is people you don't like getting screwed over.

I don't remember seeing teachers having 1st amendment protections when it comes to teaching in schools....Of course you would scream for the teacher to be offended if they played a video on not bullying their religious classmates.

From a friend in Wyoming:

The Wyoming State Legislature is considering a bill that, if passed, would become the most oppressive and wide-ranging anti-LGBT law in the nation. It would allow social workers to deny aid, teachers to not teach, health care workers to deny service not only to individuals that identify as LGBT, but their children as well. And that is just part of the bill... this bill tells our LGBT brothers and sisters that they are not worthy to receive services a straight cisgendered individual can receive.

HB-135 is scheduled to be voted upon by the Wyoming House Judiciary Committee this week, its first step toward becoming law. Please call and/or email members of this committee (contact info pasted below) and tell them to VOTE NO ON HB-135. No hate in the equality state!

Remember: Be firm but polite; introduce yourself and say where you're from; make your message personal.

Wyoming House Judiciary Committee -
Dan Kirkbride (Chugwater)
Cell - (307) 331-2265
[email protected]

Mark Baker (Rock Springs)
Cell - (307) 371-5113
[email protected]

Bo Biteman (Ranchester)
Cell - (307) 763-7613
[email protected]

Mark Jennings (Sheridan)
Cell - (307) 461-0697
[email protected]

Jared Olsen (Cheyenne)
Cell - (307) 509-0242
[email protected]

Charles Pelkey (Laramie)
Cell - (307) 920-0542
[email protected]

Bill Pownall (Gillette)
Home - (307) 682-4148
[email protected]

Tim Salazar (Dubois)
Cell - (307) 220-1213
[email protected]

Nathan Winters (Thermopolis)
Home - (307) 864-3690
[email protected]
Will you have to move to California to keep sucking?

When a bakery gets fined 143k and ruined over an item it would take the "offended" party 10 minutes to find a substitute, then it is gay rights over other rights. You .
The "offended" party is the bakery. They were offended that customers were acting contrary to the bakers' religion and refused to serve them because of that.

It is FEDERAL law that requires the gay to serve the Christian in all 50 states. Funny that nobody is going after that law....

Maybe because most Christians wouldn't want to force someone who doesn't want to do a specific, non-essential and timely task?

Or Gays can create their own religion and make one of its tenets that Christianity is sinful.

It is FEDERAL law that requires the gay to serve the Christian in all 50 states. Funny that nobody is going after that law....

Maybe because most Christians wouldn't want to force someone who doesn't want to do a specific, non-essential and timely task?

Or Gays can create their own religion and make one of its tenets that Christianity is sinful.

Really? So why the Federal protection for Christians? Your response doesn't really answer my question at all.

Really? So why the Federal protection for Christians? Your response doesn't really answer my question at all.

How many gay people have been ruined for not selling to Christians?

How many gay people have been ruined for not selling to Christians?
How many gay people have refused to sell to Christians based on religion?

Forum List

Back